Home

Tip to improve and accentuate lighting/graphics

This is a discussion on Tip to improve and accentuate lighting/graphics within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 1
Tip to improve and accentuate lighting/graphics

As you may have noticed, the lighting and thus graphics appear dull to a certain degree, particularly in 5v5 Play Now and at default settings. In order to better address this issue, within the accessibility tab in the settings menu, change brightness = Highest and Contrast = High. Also modify your TV brightness and contrast settings after the aforementioned recommendation has been applied. In my case I had to lower the TV settings since they were initially adjusted to compensate for the dullness.

I do expect or hope that the full game will have this matter corrected. Do post your results for the benefit of the community.

Last edited by Calvenn; 08-25-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Tip to improve and accentuate lighting/graphics

Oh wow didn’t see that. Love the improvemetn
Old 08-25-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

I wish 2k had these same options but i appreciate that Live has it.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
Rookie

scourge's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm stunned by how much worse this looks than 18. I've been playing a quarter of 19 and then switching to a quarter of 18, then back and forth and so on. 18 looks so much more detailed. The lighting is the biggest thing I think. In 18 the details on the uniforms and just the lighting on the player's skin is so much better. I can barely see sweat effects in 19. Everything is washed out, which is a shame because 18 was a good looking game.

I tried your suggestions and they helped a lot, but I still can't get it to look as good as 18. Hope they get this sorted out.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:54 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge
I'm stunned by how much worse this looks than 18. I've been playing a quarter of 19 and then switching to a quarter of 18, then back and forth and so on. 18 looks so much more detailed. The lighting is the biggest thing I think. In 18 the details on the uniforms and just the lighting on the player's skin is so much better. I can barely see sweat effects in 19. Everything is washed out, which is a shame because 18 was a good looking game.

I tried your suggestions and they helped a lot, but I still can't get it to look as good as 18. Hope they get this sorted out.
Agreed! The lack of proper lighting and sharpness does not do justice to the graphics and player models outside the street mode of the game. I remind myself that this is a demo so I am truly hoping and expecting to see a more polished product with the retail version to be honest!

Last edited by Calvenn; 08-25-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2018, 06:11 PM   #6
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Looks like the devs set the demos default to high..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-25-2018, 06:31 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Madden 19 looks dull too. So I think it is the art direction EA Sports is going with in their 19 sports titles. Pretty sure the retail version going to look the same going off of Madden 19 looked dull in the beta and still looks dull in the retail version.
Old 08-25-2018, 09:48 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Madden 19 looks dull too. So I think it is the art direction EA Sports is going with in their 19 sports titles. Pretty sure the retail version going to look the same going off of Madden 19 looked dull in the beta and still looks dull in the retail version.
Makes me wonder if there are any game performance considerations we should also be cognizant about and if part of the equation for the devs/art team going this route. I will say that I went through several TV and Ps4 picture setting adjustment last year in order to land at a more playable framerate for Live18. Not the case with Live 19 at default settings even when those (TV & Ps4) settings were increased initially (sharpness, brightness, contrast, etc) in an attempt to improve picture quality. It did impact the framerate once I adjusted the in-game accessibility settings however. Hence also why it was necessary to reduce the external picture settings.

Last edited by Calvenn; 08-25-2018 at 09:51 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »