Home

Far Too Many Ties

This is a discussion on Far Too Many Ties within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2018, 12:41 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Far Too Many Ties

I assume everyone is seeing the same thing I am, there are far too many ties in CFM this year. I simulated one franchise and 5 games resulted in a tie. I simulated another franchise and 6 games resulted in a tie, the Bengals having 2. I know this was an issue last year as well and if I remember correctly it was fixed via patch. What is everyone's observation on this subject?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Far Too Many Ties

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I assume everyone is seeing the same thing I am, there are far too many ties in CFM this year. I simulated one franchise and 5 games resulted in a tie. I simulated another franchise and 6 games resulted in a tie, the Bengals having 2. I know this was an issue last year as well and if I remember correctly it was fixed via patch. What is everyone's observation on this subject?

I’ve yet to see a tie. I’ve had a few games with all FGs or a single TD but no ties.

If you’re talking simmed stats and the analysis of the stats thereby generated, I can’t help because I never study league stats (save for to see where my team/individual players fall) or scores from games that don’t involve my CFM team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-26-2018, 01:05 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I’ve yet to see a tie. I’ve had a few games with all FGs or a single TD but no ties.

If you’re talking simmed stats and the analysis of the stats thereby generated, I can’t help because I never study league stats (save for to see where my team/individual players fall) or scores from games that don’t involve my CFM team.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I was referring to sim results. I've never had a tie in game.
Old 08-26-2018, 02:51 PM   #4
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2

In just about every franchise season I get through, I typically see about 2 to 4 total ties. It's far more common to see ties in a Madden season then is represented in real life. Although it's not like there hasn't been seasons like that in real life, like the year the Seahawks and Cards tied (that game still gives me nightmares) and then the Bengals and Redskins (I believe this was the match-up) also ended in a tie. But this happens every season in Madden which is my issue.

NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Phoenix Suns
MLB: Arizona D-Backs
NHL: Arizona Coyotes
NCAA: Arizona State Sun Devils/Florida Gators
Old 08-26-2018, 06:51 PM   #5
MVP

briz1046's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I was referring to sim results. I've never had a tie in game.
This has been a 'problem' in previous Maddens, to be fair tho' it's a fairly minor consideration imo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #6
Rookie

SoxSoxSox's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUBoy93
In just about every franchise season I get through, I typically see about 2 to 4 total ties. It's far more common to see ties in a Madden season then is represented in real life. Although it's not like there hasn't been seasons like that in real life, like the year the Seahawks and Cards tied (that game still gives me nightmares) and then the Bengals and Redskins (I believe this was the match-up) also ended in a tie. But this happens every season in Madden which is my issue.

Find it very interesting you were on the Seattle side of that tie given the rest of your signature.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

My last sim test there were 8 teams with ties and 2 had two ties on their record. So yeah its a problem.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-26-2018, 08:49 PM   #8
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

Miami went 1-12-3 during a simmed season I had. Didn't even get the first pick of the draft either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »