Home

Rodgers is getting $33.5 mill/season but in Madden he couldn't get more than $20 mill

This is a discussion on Rodgers is getting $33.5 mill/season but in Madden he couldn't get more than $20 mill within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Rodgers is getting $33.5 mill/season but in Madden he couldn't get more than $20 mill

Because EA still hasn't fixed the CFM contract slider so nobody can get more than 20 mill salary per year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 02:07 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Rodgers is getting $33.5 mill/season but in Madden he couldn't get more than $20

Like I dont get what decision was made on why they out a cap on it. Especially when contracts are only getting bigger and bigger these days

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2018, 02:10 PM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: Rodgers is getting $33.5 mill/season but in Madden he couldn't get more than $20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juve
Like I dont get what decision was made on why they out a cap on it. Especially when contracts are only getting bigger and bigger these days

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think it's not that they made a decision not to do it, but when they re-worked player demands (huge and underappreciated fix this year) they didn't think to re-work how that slider works. In the past nobody wanted a realistic contract so you'd never need to go over 20 mill, but clearly that is not the case anymore and they need to just get rid of the limits of it altogether.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:17 PM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
I think it's not that they made a decision not to do it, but when they re-worked player demands (huge and underappreciated fix this year) they didn't think to re-work how that slider works. In the past nobody wanted a realistic contract so you'd never need to go over 20 mill, but clearly that is not the case anymore and they need to just get rid of the limits of it altogether.
I'm sure it's easier said than done.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:20 PM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
I'm sure it's easier said than done.

Can't imagine it's that much tougher... I mean their employer makes hundreds of millions of dollars off of this game every year so they've gotta have pretty good programmers. They should be able to figure out how to get a slider to have limit 50mill instead of 20.

Then again, these are the same guys that can't take the settings from Play Now into CFM in regards to open roofs and weather so they may just literally not know what they're doing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2018, 02:21 PM   #6
Rookie

TwoHeadedDog's Arena

OVR: 2

Not possible. 20 million is the largest number known to man.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:02 PM   #7
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Can't imagine it's that much tougher... I mean their employer makes hundreds of millions of dollars off of this game every year so they've gotta have pretty good programmers. They should be able to figure out how to get a slider to have limit 50mill instead of 20.

Then again, these are the same guys that can't take the settings from Play Now into CFM in regards to open roofs and weather so they may just literally not know what they're doing.
It’s been 4 years where CPU Punters are incapable of punting if the wind is blowing 9+ MPH.

I wouldn’t hold your breath this gets fixed anytime soon, if ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadedDog
Not possible. 20 million is the largest number known to man.
lol
Old 08-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #8
Banned

He can absolutely get more than $20m in Madden. Bonus equates to the guaranteed money, and while you can't get his guaranteed money correct, you can get his total contract value right as I illustrated with this offer to Anthony Barr.

This breaks down to $54m salary and $80m bonus rather than the $100m guaranteed Rodgers actually got.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »