Home

M19 MUT, I am a virgin

This is a discussion on M19 MUT, I am a virgin within the Madden Ultimate Team forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2018, 04:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
M19 MUT, I am a virgin

Hi all,
I am not new to Madden, but new to UT in Madden. I played it in Fifa pretty much, but Madden looks different, much more bigger than Fifa UT.
So I would need a little guide in this whole thing.
I`ve started my MUT, got M Vick as a Power Up Card QB, pretty happy with this, got several packs because of pre order, also pretty happy with this.
Then it was said I shall do the PRESEASON Solo Battles first, to raise my level and earn coins – ok I am on it.
When I finish this, what`s next guys? There is so much to do :O What do I have to do to play a ranked game against another dude? That was the intention in Fifa UT, play onine against others at Madden I see so many challenges. Can I adjust difficulty? I need All Madden and not Rookie
Can someone give me a guide for “..what am I gonna do after I finished Preseason?”
Further, there is no app in place right? Where I can work on my team on the phone?
Thanks for feedback
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 12:06 PM   #2
Banned

Re: M19 MUT, I am a virgin

44 views and zero responses.
Par for the course.

I've been asking for a good source of material for this for a few days and cannot get a single response in any madden forum.

Great community...

Where is a basic guide for someone who knows nothing?
What makes an elite card elite, and how is it different from a non-elite card?

I've asked questions like this for days without any responses....
Old 08-30-2018, 12:48 PM   #3
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokewood
44 views and zero responses.
Par for the course.

I've been asking for a good source of material for this for a few days and cannot get a single response in any madden forum.

Great community...

Where is a basic guide for someone who knows nothing?
What makes an elite card elite, and how is it different from a non-elite card?

I've asked questions like this for days without any responses....
Quote:
Originally Posted by svensenk86
Hi all,
I am not new to Madden, but new to UT in Madden. I played it in Fifa pretty much, but Madden looks different, much more bigger than Fifa UT.
So I would need a little guide in this whole thing.
I`ve started my MUT, got M Vick as a Power Up Card QB, pretty happy with this, got several packs because of pre order, also pretty happy with this.
Then it was said I shall do the PRESEASON Solo Battles first, to raise my level and earn coins – ok I am on it.
When I finish this, what`s next guys? There is so much to do :O What do I have to do to play a ranked game against another dude? That was the intention in Fifa UT, play onine against others at Madden I see so many challenges. Can I adjust difficulty? I need All Madden and not Rookie
Can someone give me a guide for “..what am I gonna do after I finished Preseason?”
Further, there is no app in place right? Where I can work on my team on the phone?
Thanks for feedback

I'll answer the ?'s in both these posts. I would say after the pre-season, do the other solos (campaign, rookie gauntlet, the journey when your level is high enough (level 30), and the weekly training camps that have 5 challenges). You can play against other users in the MUT Draft, Seasons, and Weekend League. Don't know much about MUT Draft, but Seasons I have done (which is set to either All-Pro or All-Madden). You win 7 games before losing 3, you move onto the playoffs. If you make it through the playoffs, you move onto the next tier of competition.

What makes a card elite is that they are red and of a higher overall than the other tiers (Gold, Silver, Bronze). You can also add chemistry to the higher overall cards (and the cards that have those purple bars on the top left hand side of the card which if you get enough players with the same chemistry, boost some ratings for those cards.

In terms of a guide, the best I can offer is what I do with MUT (it's also my first year of playing MUT). I play the solo challenges where you get coins and packs. I also play the solo battles (you can set the difficulty to level as you see fit) where by winning games you accumulate battle points and depending on how many points you have by the end of the week (ends Monday morning) you get more coins and packs. Hit up the auction block if you want a specific card (look at the buy out price, I don't worry about the bid price).

You can quicksell cards for training which can be applied to power up cards (the purple cards) and higher overall cards (gold, elite, legend, etc.) to boost ratings. You can also do the sets to get specific rewards (if you put player cards in there, use the NAT player cards since you can't auction those off).

Only things I wouldn't recommend doing are buying packs with coins (MUT currency) and don't buy with points (points is $). Hope that helps you guys.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Old 08-30-2018, 01:01 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
I'll answer the ?'s in both these posts.
First, thanks for replying!

Everything you wrote was good info, and I understand it, and I have been doing just that. Playing the solo challenges and battles for coins, points, and cards.

My questions are a little more general.
Here is some of my confusion:

Is it not possible to take any card at any level and continually upgrade it through "whatever" means to boost the card to a 90+ overall?

Are there different versions and levels of the same player? Such as a bronze level 60 Dez Bryant and a red elite level 82 Dez Bryant?

Is there any reason to NOT quicksell bronze/silver/gold cards that are not in my lineup?

I could probably ask dozens of questions like this..

Sorry to waste your time.
Old 08-30-2018, 01:28 PM   #5
MVP

SuperSeahawks's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokewood
First, thanks for replying!

Everything you wrote was good info, and I understand it, and I have been doing just that. Playing the solo challenges and battles for coins, points, and cards.

My questions are a little more general.
Here is some of my confusion:

Is it not possible to take any card at any level and continually upgrade it through "whatever" means to boost the card to a 90+ overall?

Are there different versions and levels of the same player? Such as a bronze level 60 Dez Bryant and a red elite level 82 Dez Bryant?

Is there any reason to NOT quicksell bronze/silver/gold cards that are not in my lineup?

I could probably ask dozens of questions like this..

Sorry to waste your time.

Only certain cards can be upgraded. Cards such as the master cards Ricky Williams and Ryan Shazier can be upgraded up into the 90's. Your team captain and HOF player card can be upgraded up into the 90's as well. The power up cards are really the only ones that can go from 60's and 70's up to the 80's and 90's.

There are players that have cards with different overalls like the legends that have a few cards in the 80's that can be combined for the 90 ish overall card. Also, MUT does put out new content regularly so there will a lot of players that can get different cards with different overalls throughout the year.

The bronze cards I quicksell. The golds and silvers you can either put them up for auction, quicksell them or put them in sets. I've been putting the NATS in sets (upgrade sets, team diamonds, tokens) whether that is the best thing to do or not i'm not sure.

There are also youtubers out there that do MUT for a living who through their videos can explain this stuff better than I can.

PSN: SeahawkFan11OS

GT: SuperSeahawks

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2018, 04:18 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSeahawks
Only certain cards can be upgraded. Cards such as the master cards Ricky Williams and Ryan Shazier can be upgraded up into the 90's. Your team captain and HOF player card can be upgraded up into the 90's as well. The power up cards are really the only ones that can go from 60's and 70's up to the 80's and 90's.

There are players that have cards with different overalls like the legends that have a few cards in the 80's that can be combined for the 90 ish overall card. Also, MUT does put out new content regularly so there will a lot of players that can get different cards with different overalls throughout the year.

The bronze cards I quicksell. The golds and silvers you can either put them up for auction, quicksell them or put them in sets. I've been putting the NATS in sets (upgrade sets, team diamonds, tokens) whether that is the best thing to do or not i'm not sure.

There are also youtubers out there that do MUT for a living who through their videos can explain this stuff better than I can.
Thanks bud, I think I am starting to get a hang of it.
Come on 3 day weekend, and I may be sick on Tuesday too!
Old 08-31-2018, 09:51 AM   #7
Rookie

thanks to both of you guys, first for pushing and second for answering
Ok I am on the right track then, finished Preseason, did a solo battle earned 1000 coins for just one win, pretty awesome, and did this Gatorade thing with JJ Watt, after some google I understand now I think how to upgrade him, with those sets.
And which mode is the real online mode? Where do I play others and see my ranking? (MUT Draft, Seasons, and Weekend League) what is the real deal?
the auction house is the same like Fifa, so I felt comfortable in there.
So alrighty, I will just keep playing some games, battles, solo`s and see what happens. Feels like a Slot Machine, fun to press buttons with an unknown outcome.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #8
Banned

I have another dumb question...

Why are power-up cards so cheap in the auction house?
I see them listed for less than 2,000 coins.
I understand that they require a ton of training points, but these guys go up all the way to 87 or 92.
I would think they would be extremely expensive, like 100,000 minimum if not more.
What am I missing here?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden Ultimate Team »