Home

That Franchise Guy Roster Query

This is a discussion on That Franchise Guy Roster Query within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2018, 06:02 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
That Franchise Guy Roster Query

For those on XBOX who have used the TFG roster in franchise, I'm wondering a few things. I don't have the game on XBOX but am considering getting it, and it's not yet complete on PS4 to allow me to answer these questions myself.

1. Is this good for more than 1 season?
2. How do default draft classes mesh with the roster's rating scale?
3. Would the average default rookie class automatically eclipse the average veterans?
4. Are there any custom classes besides TFG's own initial class that are also specifically scaled down for franchise play that would also be good to use with the TFG franchise roster, in the event that he doesn't make many draft classes this year?

I can see the value in this roster for year one, but if I were to get the XBOX version and use this roster, I'd want to be sure it was viable for several seasons of franchise play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2018, 11:27 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: That Franchise Guy Roster Query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
For those on XBOX who have used the TFG roster in franchise, I'm wondering a few things. I don't have the game on XBOX but am considering getting it, and it's not yet complete on PS4 to allow me to answer these questions myself.

1. Is this good for more than 1 season?
2. How do default draft classes mesh with the roster's rating scale?
3. Would the average default rookie class automatically eclipse the average veterans?
4. Are there any custom classes besides TFG's own initial class that are also specifically scaled down for franchise play that would also be good to use with the TFG franchise roster, in the event that he doesn't make many draft classes this year?

I can see the value in this roster for year one, but if I were to get the XBOX version and use this roster, I'd want to be sure it was viable for several seasons of franchise play.
These rosters are a bit overrated. True he does edits, but he doesn’t fix the speed and acceleration and that’s biggest problem. You’ve got guys like Laveon Bell who aren’t that fast, 4.6 in the forty, and he’s got 91 speed, should be 81, but should have 99 acceleration. Madden plays really good when you have a Bell with 81 speed and 99 acceleration. The high accel gives him game speed.

Every player on this game has speed 10 points higher than it should be.

This year the ea rosters aren’t as bad as past years. I’d just stick with them, but use update ea rosters don’t stick with the defaults. The updated one’s, going off last year here, seem to have better run/pass ratios and playcalling isn’t as driven by the Star Ratings in the playbooks.

Definitely would get xbox for the fictional draft classes that raiders4eva and cwsapp are doing and just skip season 1 because season 1 is the worst part of the game. Way too scripted. Year 2 and beyond is where the action’s at. Always is. Especially with these custom draft classes.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 08-31-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:07 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
just skip season 1 because season 1 is the worst part of the game. Way too scripted. Year 2 and beyond is where the action’s at. Always is. Especially with these custom draft classes.

Care to elaborate? Never heard of this before.
Old 08-31-2018, 07:35 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0883R
Care to elaborate? Never heard of this before.
I’ve simmed year one to the super bowl over 10 times and every time the pats and eagles rematch. Every single time. Very uneven play in year one. Very scripted.The game gets better and better the further you get from year one. Ncaa was the same way with recruits and stuff.

You don’t have to worry about roster edits and junk because the generated players/right draft class editors give better gameplay. Year one, the rosters aren’t right until week 8 and beyond of the regular season. Plus these roster updates aid playcalling and stuff.

After year 1 the team’s are different and have bigger weak spots and there’s better mismatches and stuff. Just overall smoother. Plus it becomes fiction and teams break up and you dont care as much because you aren’t trying to match real life stuff as much.

If i were to play year 1, i’d Do a fantasy draft and start with it shuffled. Anything’s better than year one. Big reason the game gets blasted so much is people want to stick with year one. Last year Josh and them finally listened and advanced to 5 years and beyond and couldnt believe what they seen. Now when you get 10-15 years into the future and there’s hardly any real players left, that’s when the game gets better.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-31-2018, 08:51 PM   #5
Pro

Thank you for the response
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 01:57 PM   #6
Rookie

I can’t speak to other situations but did notice Earl Thomas got boosted to 93 speed on TFG roster w iMac trait edits. Obviously not in the direction you’d prefer, Tommy.

Never done it before but like the idea of simming season 1. Makes a lot of sense.

Trojan, have had many of the same thoughts as you. I’m doing a fantasy draft now with TFG roster + iMac edits, then planning to start one up with a regular team in 4-5 weeks with a different roster and set of draft classes.

Last edited by Woofs; 09-01-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:01 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woofs
I can’t speak to other situations but did notice Earl Thomas got boosted to 93 speed on TFG roster w iMac trait edits. Obviously not in the direction you’d prefer, Tommy.

Never done it before but like the idea of simming season 1. Makes a lot of sense.
Never noticed speed boosts with this roster, but I know he doesn’t fool with speed and acceleration much at all. Can’t recall, but it seems like he may figet with some of the olineman’s and dlineman’s speed. Didn’t look as hard this year, just played a game and didn’t like it. But in previous year’s I think this was the case.

Teams finished:
Old 09-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Tommy, any idea what you didn’t like? What sliders/rosters are you using for playing? I’ve only played a couple games & am thrilled I found a difficulty setting on AP that is challenging & gives the cpu a run game (using flazko’s sliders with the AM/Arcade profile, AM/Sim CFM start settings, and AP/Sim once in CFM for games.

I do feel myself yearning for a little bit of something from the last version (maybe action) but can’t put my finger on it. Going to give these settings a run without the iMac traits and then with regular roster to see the differences. On the cusp of starting my CFM & trying to figure out the final touches.

Last edited by Woofs; 09-01-2018 at 05:38 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »