Home

Salary Cap Spreadsheet

This is a discussion on Salary Cap Spreadsheet within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon3 Salary Cap Spreadsheet

Hey guys, inspired by people like Old Man Nathy, who produce great content here, I decided to share this little project i made and used in Madden 17 and 18 and helped me manage salaries in CFM.

There is nothing extraordinary in this spreadsheet but it gives a pretty accurate idea of how much cap space we will have next season. It is possible to simulate cuts /trades and check how your salary situation will be in the current season and next season in these cases.

I think this kind of information is useful because when our roster gets better it also gets more expensive and we have to make some important decisions (if you want to keep a realistic approach), especially in online leagues since all assets matter and we have more competition in FA. And with this progression/regression system that allows players to continue at a high level for longer we're going to have to make a little more difficult decisions.

HOW IT WORKS?

Current Season spreadsheet: Put the name, contract time (remaining), cap hit, savings and penalty of each player in the respective columns. Also put the salary cap and the previous penalties. In the "CUT / Traded" column, enter "YES" if it is cut /traded or "NO" if not.

Next Season Spreadsheet: Just put the cap hit of each player next season in the "Cap Hit" column. Put also the previous penaltys. You can also put an estimate of how much future rookies will cost (Rookie Reserve).

NOTES:
You must refill the spreadsheet in each preseason.

In the offseason, the NEXT SEASON spreadsheet will show you how much cap space you have.

In the offseason, you will get the real information of your rookie reserve

You can update the contract information for each player on your roster, as well enter new players that you sign or trade for.

DO NOT REMOVE PLAYERS THAT YOU CUT OR TRADED

You do not need to update penalties when cutting a player. Just update this information in preseason when you redo the spreadsheet.
Attached Files
File Type: rar CAP Space Tool.rar (16.6 KB, 258 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2018, 08:17 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Salary Cap Spreadsheet

what format is this in? I can not open it
Old 09-05-2018, 08:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsman
what format is this in? I can not open it
.RAR, you must extract and open the file with some program like excel
Old 09-06-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

This looks like an awesome tool, but you need to layer in some details to help people make decisions. The best part about tracking salary information outside of the game is that it will help you make the choice of when to cut, trade, re-sign, release, or acquire other players.

See attached for my version of a CFM tracker tool. The manual labor is similar to yours as you will need to update this manually each time a transaction is made or at the start of each offseason, but the goal is the same. It shows you your projected cap space and also counts the number of players with expiring contracts for you. The other information I included like overall, age, and dev. trait will allow you to make smarter roster management decisions.

I also have a tab that helps you project the annual cap hit for new contracts so that you can test the waters before signing a player to a huge deal.

I hope you find this helpful.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Madden 19 CFM Tracker.zip (195.5 KB, 315 views)
Old 09-06-2018, 01:12 PM   #5
Rookie

TitanUP2's Arena

Appreciate the spreadsheets guys.

Billy4NY yours is nothing short of SPECTACULAR sir. Not only do you have tabs for each critical thing to team building, but the use of team colors & logos take it to the next level!

The quick glance ability that this spread sheet provides is what we all should have on the companion app & as well in the CFM interface. But is completely lacking on the app and is buried in a cluttered mess within CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #6
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanUP2
Appreciate the spreadsheets guys.

Billy4NY yours is nothing short of SPECTACULAR sir. Not only do you have tabs for each critical thing to team building, but the use of team colors & logos take it to the next level!

The quick glance ability that this spread sheet provides is what we all should have on the companion app & as well in the CFM interface. But is completely lacking on the app and is buried in a cluttered mess within CFM.
I appreciate it. Yes, the spreadsheet is my own companion app. It is super frustrating trying to make roster decisions of any type and having to flip back through menus over and over again.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:26 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy4NY
This looks like an awesome tool, but you need to layer in some details to help people make decisions. The best part about tracking salary information outside of the game is that it will help you make the choice of when to cut, trade, re-sign, release, or acquire other players.

See attached for my version of a CFM tracker tool. The manual labor is similar to yours as you will need to update this manually each time a transaction is made or at the start of each offseason, but the goal is the same. It shows you your projected cap space and also counts the number of players with expiring contracts for you. The other information I included like overall, age, and dev. trait will allow you to make smarter roster management decisions.

I also have a tab that helps you project the annual cap hit for new contracts so that you can test the waters before signing a player to a huge deal.

I hope you find this helpful.
Appreciate your feedback...And awesome work on the sheet. What i liked the most was the "Annual Cap Calculator" tab. I had a hard time trying to figured out how the progression of contracts signed at madden works. If its ok to you, i would like to use that on my sheet too.

I plan to put some additional information as a table with the rookie salarie scale. I would also like to add some columns for data like age, dev, ovrl, position and role of each player to provide some kind of feedback on their contractual situation (if you are overpaying some player, if you should consider cutting somebody ) and also on the salary situation of the team as a whole.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:08 AM   #8
Data = Power

Billy4NY's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SN49ers
Appreciate your feedback...And awesome work on the sheet. What i liked the most was the "Annual Cap Calculator" tab. I had a hard time trying to figured out how the progression of contracts signed at madden works. If its ok to you, i would like to use that on my sheet too.

I plan to put some additional information as a table with the rookie salarie scale. I would also like to add some columns for data like age, dev, ovrl, position and role of each player to provide some kind of feedback on their contractual situation (if you are overpaying some player, if you should consider cutting somebody ) and also on the salary situation of the team as a whole.
Go for it. Take what you need from mine, just don't forget to mention the name if people ask. Lol. Always happy to help someone with their CFM managament.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »