Home

Nervous about the lack of info for WWE2K19

This is a discussion on Nervous about the lack of info for WWE2K19 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Nervous about the lack of info for WWE2K19

Is it just me or does the lack of information released about the upcoming version make you nervous that this is just going to be a $60 roster upgrade and that no significant changes are being made to gameplay? It seems like if they were doing anything there would be word of it by now, usually video games brag about their updates to gameplay or graphics way in advance of release, but there's really nothing but crickets coming from this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #2
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Nervous about the lack of info for WWE2K19

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviegolfballs
Is it just me or does the lack of information released about the upcoming version make you nervous that this is just going to be a $60 roster upgrade and that no significant changes are being made to gameplay? It seems like if they were doing anything there would be word of it by now, usually video games brag about their updates to gameplay or graphics way in advance of release, but there's really nothing but crickets coming from this game.
As there should be, the game has been the same the last couple years, graphics alone ain't gone carry this game. And the new rosters dont scream best roster ever. It's all gimmicks now instead of innovation.

What's the best way we can get more money for less content, I can remember 2k13 and 2k14 hands down might be the best wrestling game next to the n64 days no joke. Reason why?

Well game play was fluid, graphics was good, and the content was great. You felt like you got what you played for. I still play 13 and 14 for the show cases alone.

These newer generation devs are about that fast money and trying to copy the past instead if making there own place in history.

I definitely will not be buying this game, it will be almost a carbon copy if 18, the pre order incentives alone I can download off the created community section and be just as content.

To each there own, but imo its not worth it. From the stuff they have shown so far. I could always be wrong but the past has shown me nothing to much has changed.

And I guess in less than an 8 to 9 month cycle what can you really expect. Now the mlb the show team, spiderman team, red dead team, uncharted team, even 2k basketball as much as I'm upset with them for audio reasons, but yet and still those teams know how to put out good titles. Yeah I left a few out, but you get the drift.
Old 09-06-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning

These newer generation devs are about that fast money and trying to copy the past instead if making there own place in history.

I definitely will not be buying this game, it will be almost a carbon copy if 18, the pre order incentives alone I can download off the created community section and be just as content.

To each there own, but imo its not worth it. From the stuff they have shown so far. I could always be wrong but the past has shown me nothing to much has changed.
I don't mind paying for a title such as The Show that makes minor tweaks to its product because the product is already outstanding! What worries me about the WWE 2K franchise is that they are now going on another yearly title and I see no forward movement in the basic gameplay or graphics even though it is drastically needed. Look at Madden and all that can do with the stadiums and the 22 players being on the field and yet with this game they can't even figure out how to do a battle royal with more than eight players in the ring? Or better yet how to make the better wrestlers last? Do a 20 man Royal Rumble Match with Lesnar and 19 jobbers, if he's out any earlier than about 17 he'll get thrown out by the jobbers. I could go on and on about the graphical and gameplay flaws of this series but I'll stop here.

I JUST WANT A BETTER GAME!!!! I'M WILLING TO PAY FOR IT, BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE PUT SOME EFFORT INTO IT 2K!!!
Old 09-06-2018, 04:33 PM   #4
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

I’m gonna pass. It so far appears to be a roster update...which is almost out of date by the time the game ships. I still see no reason why I have to take my own time to download AJ to get another color of attire and jump through hoops to assign it. DLC should be someone who debuted well after their cutoff dates and preorder shouldn’t be a current champ (Ronda) or a special guest (Rey) who has been in the game in the past. Plus, can you please do something about long hair?

TL/DR it’s not for me this year.
Old 09-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

2K has always been slow to release info on their games. We are still a month out so I'd expect more information will come out soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2018, 09:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

OVR: 0

What do you really expect? I mean honestly. Universe mode will still be empty with barebone cutscenes, corny promos, Bryan's showcase will be fun the first time around, roster update, new WrestleMania arena, slow online servers.

It's just an annual update.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatt96
What do you really expect? I mean honestly. Universe mode will still be empty with barebone cutscenes, corny promos, Bryan's showcase will be fun the first time around, roster update, new WrestleMania arena, slow online servers.

It's just an annual update.
Unfortunately I'm afraid you're right. I think this franchise has a lot of potential but it seems to go unrealized each year. When compared to the gameplay and graphics of other sports/combat games it amazes me that they can't do more. A well thought out wrestling title would sell through the roof! Look at the ratings they get each week on tv....people want this product!
Old 09-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Jatt96's Arena

OVR: 0

Gone are the days of competitive sports products and we are in the era of monopolized franchises.

We use to get NFL 2k, Madden, NFL Gameday, NFL Blitz...now that's turned into Madden.

We use to get NHL 2k, EA NHL, NHL Breakaway...now just EA NHL.

WWE WrestleMania 2000, No Mercy, SmackDown 2...now just WWE 2K.

It sucks, but this has stagnated any development by years on these games. Competition was king.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »