Home

Least Cheesey 2K Ever? 🤔

This is a discussion on Least Cheesey 2K Ever? 🤔 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2018, 07:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Least Cheesey 2K Ever? 🤔

Played for about 5 hours already.
Only played Play Now Online.

First game with Lakers vs. Celtics
Second Game with Pelicans vs. Bucks
Third with Memphis vs. vs. Cavs
Fourth with Pelicans vs. Bucks
Fifth either Warriors vs. 76ers

LOVING the new feature that forces everyone to play with different teams. If you’re good with just ONE team ONLY and can’t play with multiple different teams, you’re not a good 2K player, you’re just a good individual team user. Having to use different teams, i enjoyed playing to different teams’ strengths and also defend differently based on teams.

Seems like 2K wants their users to be become better BASKETBALL players rather than just using your favorite team/player.

I see people crying and whining about it already but those are probably users who are only good with ONE team.

Excellent job on the concept. Now to the impressions.

Lakers vs. Celtics: Kyrie was so problematic and the Celtic defense was amazing. Lakers have holes but coaching helped me prevail and dominate down the stretch with Lebron. I have to learn how to use the role players around Lebron better.

Pelicans vs. Bucks: This user wasn’t that good. Was jacking up 3s and shooting outrageously deep 3s with players who COULD shoot but aren’t Steph Curry type deep threats. That user shot humself out of the game. User was playing with a 2K18 mindset and I want to say 95% of 2K18 cheese tactics weren’t working for him.

Grizzlies vs. Cavs: My game plan was to attack Galo’s perimeter defense...it worked. This game i noticed that taking advantage of mismatches was key to success

Pelicans vs. Cavs (again): This was a beautiful game to play. This user put Greek Freak on AD and I had AD guarding Greek as well and it was such a defensive game...ultimately, it came down to Brook Lopez not being about to guard any one being my best advantage.

Warriors vs 76ers: Felt realistic. User tried to force his way with Ben Simmons but we were a able to withstand the 76er runs...RJ couldn’t hang with the Warriors.

Overall: Seeing ALOT of 2K18 tactics not working and just requiring high basketball IQ to prevail....

Please don’t need things as this seems to be great out of the box, gameplay/balanced wise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 10:05 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Least Cheesey 2K Ever? 🤔

Quote:
Originally Posted by guesswhozbak17

LOVING the new feature that forces everyone to play with different teams. If you’re good with just ONE team ONLY and can’t play with multiple different teams, you’re not a good 2K player, you’re just a good individual team user. Having to use different teams, i enjoyed playing to different teams’ strengths and also defend differently based on teams.

Seems like 2K wants their users to be become better BASKETBALL players rather than just using your favorite team/player.

I see people crying and whining about it already but those are probably users who are only good with ONE team.

Lakers vs. Celtics: Kyrie was so problematic and the Celtic defense was amazing. Lakers have holes but coaching helped me prevail and dominate down the stretch with Lebron. I have to learn how to use the role players around Lebron better.

Pelicans vs. Bucks: This user wasn’t that good. Was jacking up 3s and shooting outrageously deep 3s with players who COULD shoot but aren’t Steph Curry type deep threats. That user shot humself out of the game. User was playing with a 2K18 mindset and I want to say 95% of 2K18 cheese tactics weren’t working for him.

Grizzlies vs. Cavs: My game plan was to attack Galo’s perimeter defense...it worked. This game i noticed that taking advantage of mismatches was key to success

Pelicans vs. Cavs (again): This was a beautiful game to play. This user put Greek Freak on AD and I had AD guarding Greek as well and it was such a defensive game...ultimately, it came down to Brook Lopez not being about to guard any one being my best advantage.

Warriors vs 76ers: Felt realistic. User tried to force his way with Ben Simmons but we were a able to withstand the 76er runs...RJ couldn’t hang with the Warriors.

Overall: Seeing ALOT of 2K18 tactics not working and just requiring high basketball IQ to prevail....

Please don’t need things as this seems to be great out of the box, gameplay/balanced wise.

Good post.

I played about 3 hours offline and this game plays totally different from 2k18.

2k19 also rewards you for playing good defense.

It's going to take some getting use to because just pressing turbo to go by defenders are over.
You're going to have to really run plays now.

Also, I'm loving the new animations.

Whoever said this is the same game as last year is either hating or getting paid by EA sports to post negative comments about 2K.

Last edited by Bladesports; 09-07-2018 at 12:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:23 AM   #3
Pro

I'd say give it more time before we label it Least Cheesy. It's only Day 1. I haven't seen nothing too crazy as of yet though.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:26 AM   #4
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

cheesers find exploits in any game, give it time. lol.

But def less for sure.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

Ultimately, I don't mind this, as I normally don't end up using my favorite team much, but some people do... I've seen some on this board who just want to use their team (Raptors, Pacers, Magic, etc.) It's not that they couldn't be good with a different team, but they would like to use their team because, well, it's their team. I like the concept, but I wish they would at least give the option.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:

Calling BS. As stated above, some people just want to use their favorite team and that's it. I've been using the Pacers online, since 2K4. When I get NBA League Pass, I only watch the Pacers. When I go home to Indiana, I try to get in a Pacers game. There are people who are diehard fans of a particular team. When the Pacers sucked, I was still using them online. When they were good, I used them online. For 10+ years, I've been using the team of MY choice.

This design change was CLEARLY an attempt to prevent people from jumping on the GSW bandwagon. To say that someone isn't good, because they choose only one team is the dumbest thing I've ever read. ESPECIALLY, considering that those same diehards are mostly using teams that are not "elite" like Golden State or Boston.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:51 PM   #7
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Calling BS. As stated above, some people just want to use their favorite team and that's it. I've been using the Pacers online, since 2K4. When I get NBA League Pass, I only watch the Pacers. When I go home to Indiana, I try to get in a Pacers game. There are people who are diehard fans of a particular team. When the Pacers sucked, I was still using them online. When they were good, I used them online. For 10+ years, I've been using the team of MY choice.

This design change was CLEARLY an attempt to prevent people from jumping on the GSW bandwagon. To say that someone isn't good, because they choose only one team is the dumbest thing I've ever read. ESPECIALLY, considering that those same diehards are mostly using teams that are not "elite" like Golden State or Boston.
Even though I agree with you that people who only use one team doesn't make them bad players..... would you rather play Vs. the Warriors 95% of the time? I think this system is best.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:53 PM   #8
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Why do you dudes do this every year.

Week 1, "Cheese will be hard to come by."

Weel 30: "I am sick of the cheesers."

Cheesing takes time to develop. Nobody is online right now, give those dudes a few weeks and you will be getting your feelings hurt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »