Home

Ideas to fix CFM

This is a discussion on Ideas to fix CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
Ideas to fix CFM

CFM really needs some more work done to it. I wouldn't say a complete overhaul because there are some great things in there, but for sim players, I think we just need more detail. I created this post for the community to gather ideas for the devs to hopefully incorporate in Madden 20.

My first idea that comes to my mind would affect the game before you even start CFM. Right now, you can choose between Owner, Coach, or Player. Why not add another option for General Manager? I don't necessarily want to gameplan each week for different teams. I just want to manage my roster, build a team, and play games.

Any other ideas? If you guys don't think this is needed, it can be deleted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 04:28 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Ideas to fix CFM

A really simple fix for the “immersive backgrounds” would be to just have the background reflect what we’re doing. Are we at the main CFM screen? Have us kicked back in our chair. Are we at the GamePlan screen? Show us writing on a whiteboard or on our tablet. Are we looking to sign or trade someone? Have us on our computer or on the phone. These are really simple things that make much more sense than a constant cycling of screens. I really don’t understand why EA thought that would capture our attention the way it was implemented.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:34 PM   #3
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

I think that is a great idea also. I think the best version I liked was where the articles and rumors were the main page of CFM. Now you have to scrolls through menus to get any kind of storyline.
Old 09-11-2018, 07:07 PM   #4
Rookie

Sorry if this has been asked or answered but has anyone noticed missing players , in mine I'm missing Dez Bryant and Martavis Bryant in free agents that I noticed. I saw Martavis Bryant was about to sign with the Raiders again and was going to add him but he's not there.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:42 PM   #5
Just started!

One fix for sim players I think would be to extend on the gameplan options. I would like to be able to set The Carry Attempts my Running Backs get such as Mark Ingram 10-15 attempts Alvin Kamara 5-12 attempts how many targets my receivers get. What type of Defensive calls is the team going to favor each game do to what team I am up against, and I wont the CPU to be able to exploit through the sim if I gameplan wrong. Id also love to see Tendencies to be added to the game similar to 2k so I can see people having different styles. Lastly I want a lot more play types added to playbooks, A lot more RPOs a lot more Unique formations like all these new offensive are bringing... But overall I just want my QBs to have run stats like they should
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 12:48 AM   #6
Rookie

I would love a system that makes roster management a lot more realistic (and by default, a lot more challenging).

- Personality conflicts. Make up 6 or 7 personality types. Some have no impact on their team mates, others mean a player will refuse to sign for you if a specific personality type is on your squad in their position.

- players having minimum playing time demands. I know EA would stuff this up, but if they got it right - it’d be great to have players who will refuse to re-sign with you unless they start a certain amount of games (with an equation built in to cater for injury).

FIFA and 2K have these things (to a certain extent), madden should too.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:27 AM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Would love to see OC and DC in the game

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2018, 10:47 AM   #8
Rookie

Cato06's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
CFM really needs some more work done to it. I wouldn't say a complete overhaul because there are some great things in there, but for sim players, I think we just need more detail. I created this post for the community to gather ideas for the devs to hopefully incorporate in Madden 20.

My first idea that comes to my mind would affect the game before you even start CFM. Right now, you can choose between Owner, Coach, or Player. Why not add another option for General Manager? I don't necessarily want to gameplan each week for different teams. I just want to manage my roster, build a team, and play games.

Any other ideas? If you guys don't think this is needed, it can be deleted.

Great first idea! I’m a big presentation guy. I think in order to have a good franchise mode you need to beef up presentation. I strongly believe it goes hand in hand with franchise mode to create immersion and bring us info at the same time. I like seeing tons of stat overlays and cutscenes that bring you into the experience of what’s going on in the league and in and around the stadium during the game. Weekly show or a better news feed that brings us league scores, weekly awards, injuries, stats, standings, college prospects, playoff picture, all in one place would be great!

One of the biggest problems is alot of gamers want a different experience. Some just want to get on the field and play the game. No time for cutscenes. Other guys like to let the game breath a little and enjoy the game day experience by letting the cutscenes and other presentation elements play out. I respect both opinions. I would like to see them give us different presentation modes.

1) full presentation (game intro, halftime show, stadium exteriors, replays, fan reactions, sideline reactions, lineup intros, post game show, etc.)
2) quick presentation. (Stadium exteriors, sideline reactions, stat overlays)
3) gameplay presentation ( just playcall screen, and maybe stat overlays in between plays)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »