Home

Is This Game Worth a Buy?

This is a discussion on Is This Game Worth a Buy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 04:31 PM   #1
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6
Is This Game Worth a Buy?

Never thought I would ask this about 2k but it sounds like people are having a lot of issues with this year's game. I would be buying it for the PS4 and was just looking for a recommendation on if I should purchase this game or not. I have been buying every year since 2k8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Is This Game Worth a Buy?

If you have 2k18 and aren’t a big park/neighbourhood player I’d just stick with 2k18 and update the rosters
Old 09-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampIsHere42
Never thought I would ask this about 2k but it sounds like people are having a lot of issues with this year's game. I would be buying it for the PS4 and was just looking for a recommendation on if I should purchase this game or not. I have been buying every year since 2k8.
2k18 was actually good game but has alot problem in gameplay : alot clipping, defense was awful especially ai cpu can't stop pick and rolls plays when you using pick and rolls plays..

in 2k19, ai cpu playing so smarter on offense and defense like ai cpu not allow you to get easy layup in pick and rolls plays. Gameplay is best ever i playing because it is smooth, fluid plus players weight are more matter in this game.. clipping are very less in 2k19. steal ball is more fun in 2k19
Old 09-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #4
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I haven't had one issue on my PS4 Pro.

That being said, 2k19 is just a better, more polished version of 2k18, so if you liked 2k18 you'll enjoy 2k19. However, if you're that on the fence, I suggest you either watch more gameplay videos on the game and make the decision solely based on what you personally see instead of what others say (the people enjoying the game aren't spending time complaining about it on a message board, so you'll see more negative things here than positive for the first week or two), or wait a bit for a sale so you don't feel cheated out of $60.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

I'm same as you....been buying since 2k8 also. For me it just became a yearly purchase as I grew to like the game. As far as if you should buy 19, i'd say yes. It's not a perfect game, but it's much better and improved. If you liked 18, you'll be pleased with 19. I'm a casual basketball fan and pretty much just play regular team vs team with my friends offline/online. So for me, the improvements to the gameplay alone made it a must buy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Without question

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-11-2018, 06:44 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Yes. It's a subtle improvement and polished version of 2k18, whether that's worth it depends on you. I'm strictly an offline/season guy.

My only real gripe so far is a tad more suction and brick wall on-ball D is back (i.e. Durant having trouble blowing by a Trae Young or an Aaron Baynes). Luckily it can be alleviated with sliders, just need to find a better balance.
Old 09-11-2018, 06:46 PM   #8
Rookie

i've only played for a couple of hours, but from that and from what i've read - if you're a sim head, this game is for you. can't comment on park/neighborhood.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »