Home

Unstoppable shooters

This is a discussion on Unstoppable shooters within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Unstoppable shooters

TL;DR: This is a rant.

Long time member that doesn't post much, looked through the forums and didn't find anything that matched this complaint of mine.

Was playing some Live run yesterday with a friend of mine, we're both just starting the game after playing Live 18 for some time so we're not new to this. We went against some high ranked guys and the game was going great, that was until this stretch 4 hits 23 three pointers! I know what people will say, well were you playing D. The answer is yes. This guy was triple team just pulling up from half court draining these things. He had the shooter traits on, and I was wondering if anyone has run into this before. Is there anything that can be done or is the green light just an unstoppable force?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2018, 05:04 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Unstoppable shooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkprince23
TL;DR: This is a rant.

Long time member that doesn't post much, looked through the forums and didn't find anything that matched this complaint of mine.

Was playing some Live run yesterday with a friend of mine, we're both just starting the game after playing Live 18 for some time so we're not new to this. We went against some high ranked guys and the game was going great, that was until this stretch 4 hits 23 three pointers! I know what people will say, well were you playing D. The answer is yes. This guy was triple team just pulling up from half court draining these things. He had the shooter traits on, and I was wondering if anyone has run into this before. Is there anything that can be done or is the green light just an unstoppable force?
Hands up isn't enough. U gotta jump or push into them. Gotta be in the right spot. It's hard. Once they get hot it's harder. I dunno if it's stoppable but hands up contest means nothing to people who can fill the meter. The way to get them to miss is to impact the shot. But can be tough w picks n wiggles

Never seen from half court tho hm.

-Smak
Old 09-14-2018, 07:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Hands up isn't enough. U gotta jump or push into them. Gotta be in the right spot. It's hard. Once they get hot it's harder. I dunno if it's stoppable but hands up contest means nothing to people who can fill the meter. The way to get them to miss is to impact the shot. But can be tough w picks n wiggles

Never seen from half court tho hm.

-Smak
Yep, learn the new jostle moves. You stay glued to the offensive player. It's in the tutorial menu. :-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #4
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Do you have any videos? Posts like this almost beg for examples so we can see exactly what's happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-15-2018, 01:58 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Can't stress that hands up does affect their meter but not that much. They basically can't green if you contest. Larry bird has a buff that adds to him being open (can't wait to unlock and shoot in people's grill), and there is a trait where you get a boost to shooting if you shoot it instantly after the catch. I've played vs Shooters on my big and been right there while they hit ever shot. Just tap jump even I think would be enough. Contest isn't unless you can push into them. Kinda a chess match but would be easier without zig zag. You can close distance tho with a good jump as long as you're not falling on your back.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
Pro

gotta beatem up so he cant get open.

literally hold shooters everywhere they go. if theyre good , theyll know how to get away from you and it will make for a good cat and mouse. if theyre not, youll have fun watching them get frustrated lol
Old 09-15-2018, 10:53 AM   #7
Rookie

Augh. That damn step back 3 pointer.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Do you have any videos? Posts like this almost beg for examples so we can see exactly what's happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'm not a video person haha! I'd suggest going into the drills menu it's one of the last ones. It will teach you how to hold and be physical with shooters. :-)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »