Home

2k20: Can we finally separate MyCareer from the online modes? And improve online mode

This is a discussion on 2k20: Can we finally separate MyCareer from the online modes? And improve online mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2018, 03:27 PM   #1
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
2k20: Can we finally separate MyCareer from the online modes? And improve online mode

I feel like the theme here is that we are compromising on these different modes and both take a hit as a result.

Firstly, we need to separate MyCareer from Park/ProAM.

For online guys, we are stuck mindlessly playing against AI because we start off at such a low overall, no one wants to use that trash character online and no one online wants to play with you. It makes you feel miserable to HAVE to play against CPU and do mindless dumb actions like put up 100 every game or turn the ball over 50 times for a stupid badge. This makes it feel torturous. I get that it is part of the VC addiction and 2K wants you to feel miserable but still it's worth voicing an opinion.

For the offline guys, they are limited in so many ways. They have the archetypes, can't use custom rosters, control the rosters, custom sliders, and I'm sure there are a bunch of other features that could be implemented if it weren't for online balance.

It is forcing together modes that should not be combined anymore. Everyone is losing something with these modes being merged. We should push to have no relation between the two in 2k20.

Separating Arcade and Sim online MyCareer game modes

It can go a couple routes here. But looking at different responses to the recent tuners has shown me that compromise really doesn't make sense. The only issue may be splitting up the player base but I don't think this would be too drastic of an effect.

I think we should have Park and JRC/ProAM for the arcade crowd who want greens to be 100%, zig zags, limitless range and all that mumbo jumbo.

Then have another "Park" with sim settings, no greens, no boosts, and realistic balance. Open 3s drop closer to 50% than 100%. And have ProAM with the same settings as well.

Then balance these modes with the desires of the target players in mind. Arcade players can dunk like there's no gravity and sim players can enjoy more realistic gameplay. Everybody wins.

Offline, sim online, and arcade online all get to experience the game how they like it. The grind may need to be adjusted, some kinks will need to be worked out, but the game should improve by allowing different modes instead of trying to balance the offline aspects with online, and of the different online players' agendas.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k20: Can we finally separate MyCareer from the online modes? And improve online

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I feel like the theme here is that we are compromising on these different modes and both take a hit as a result.

Firstly, we need to separate MyCareer from Park/ProAM.

For online guys, we are stuck mindlessly playing against AI because we start off at such a low overall, no one wants to use that trash character online and no one online wants to play with you. It makes you feel miserable to HAVE to play against CPU and do mindless dumb actions like put up 100 every game or turn the ball over 50 times for a stupid badge. This makes it feel torturous. I get that it is part of the VC addiction and 2K wants you to feel miserable but still it's worth voicing an opinion.

For the offline guys, they are limited in so many ways. They have the archetypes, can't use custom rosters, control the rosters, custom sliders, and I'm sure there are a bunch of other features that could be implemented if it weren't for online balance.

It is forcing together modes that should not be combined anymore. Everyone is losing something with these modes being merged. We should push to have no relation between the two in 2k20.

It can go a couple routes here. But looking at different responses to the recent tuners has shown me that compromise really doesn't make sense. The only issue may be splitting up the player base but I don't think this would be too drastic of an effect.

I think we should have Park and JRC/ProAM for the arcade crowd who want greens to be 100%, zig zags, limitless range and all that mumbo jumbo.

Then have another "Park" with sim settings, no greens, no boosts, and realistic balance. Open 3s drop closer to 50% than 100%. And have ProAM with the same settings as well.

Then balance these modes with the desires of the target players in mind. Arcade players can dunk like there's no gravity and sim players can enjoy more realistic gameplay. Everybody wins.

Offline, sim online, and arcade online all get to experience the game how they like it. The grind may need to be adjusted, some kinks will need to be worked out, but the game should improve by allowing different modes instead of trying to balance the offline aspects with online, and of the different online players' agendas.

I've been asking for separate modes since 2k17 i only play the actual career part of MYCAREER the vc,exp and even buying vc should be a separate grind from park/pro am
Old 09-19-2018, 06:25 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2k20: Can we finally separate MyCareer from the online modes? And improve online

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin

I can understand wanting a completely offline MyCareer experience where you never have to venture out into the neighborhood and you do everything in menus (like we had last gen). That'd be great. But requesting they make essentially two separate Neighborhoods for the 5% of people who want a "sim" MyCareer experience AND have them balance each mode separately is something that'll never happen. There just isn't enough of a demand for it.

I think the most you could ever expect is to get one court, called "Sim Court" where you have to play actual basketball with your stuff from the NBA side you unlock. But that's probably it and I doubt it'd be very populated.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-19-2018 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:40 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I can understand wanting a completely offline MyCareer experience where you never have to venture out into the neighborhood and you do everything in menus (like we had last gen). That'd be great. But requesting they make essentially two separate Neighborhoods for the 5% of people who want a "sim" MyCareer experience AND have them balance each mode separately is something that'll never happen. There just isn't enough of a demand for it.

I think the most you could ever expect is to get one court, called "Sim Court" where you have to play actual basketball with your stuff from the NBA side you unlock. But that's probably it and I doubt it'd be very populated.
I think the answer to the first part is to bring back Creating a Legend mode,and allow custom sliders.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:38 PM   #5
MVP

ph33's Arena

BRING BACK THE COMBINE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #6

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Most park players don't even care about the actual mycareer aspect of the mode. They just wanna play online. Separate the modes and just make it where you have a character in the park, it has all the caps and everything associated with it. Offline mycareer gives us a customizable experience with no restrictions. And as the above poster said, bring back the draft combine, the summer league. Incorporate the g league, expand on the fake pro Chinese basketball. Heck they can even give us fake college teams to start there. So much potential for the mode.
Old 09-19-2018, 08:45 PM   #7
MVP

ph33's Arena

lol the combine I meant was the one from 2k17, you had to qualify to be in it, but it's basically pro-AM with preset builds, which was intended for balance
Old 09-19-2018, 09:28 PM   #8
Rookie

dregos's Arena

OVR: 2

No. This will never happen because VC profits would drop.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »