Home

Expansion Draft

This is a discussion on Expansion Draft within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: do you want to see expanson mode in offline franchise?
Yes 15 78.95%
No 4 21.05%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #1
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19
Expansion Draft

Simple question, would you like it to be included in the offline franchise? I feel that the devs need to know how much we would really or wouldn't support it.

I vote YES!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 10:35 AM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Expansion Draft

I personally wouldn’t use it. I don’t care about expansion nor create a team or things of that nature.

I know many others do and I hope for those it’s added at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 09-20-2018, 11:13 AM   #3
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

OVR: 0

Sure, I'd love to see it, but would prefer re-location, and feel like it would be much easier to attain.

I can absolutely understand why it hasn't been added, as it would be a trainwreck trying to figure out coding to protect players, especially with all of the created rosters out there.

Re-location should absolutely be in it though, it's been in every other sports game for the past 3-4 years.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 3

I would like to see it as an option if it is done in a manner like NBA2K where you could really customize your team and the scheduling is done well (obviously we would want something well executed, d'uh!).
Old 09-20-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

I voted no because there are other things in franchise I far rather they work on. That and I'm far more likely to use a re-location feature then an expansion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Hayman19's Arena

OVR: 1

Don't get me wrong, I would love a full on expansion mode, I really would. I love the EA NHL series with their expansion mode but there are a few things I feel franchise mode needs first.

- Contract extensions is big one, even if it was only during the off season I would be fine with that.

- Contract negotiations - Feels like it is a random gamble as to whether I am able to sign a free agent or not. The players interests that is in the game now helps a little bit, but this needs to be improved. A dialogue back and fourth would be great. Another thing the NHL series has - even if it isn't the greatest is a big deal.

- Scouting needs an overhaul

- Training needs to be removed/overhauled

- Player progression needs to be tweaked. If a player puts up 3 consecutive MVP caliber seasons, there is no reason why they should still be a 73 OVR. Seems like it doesn't happen a lot, but when it does happen it is frustrating(at least we can edit the players)

- Game needs Spring Training invites

- Menus need to be tweaked. Sometimes there is no way to even access the players who are on waivers in the offseason. The new menu layout causes this unless you keep an email from the league from when a good player gets placed on waivers, there is no way to get to that screen.

There are many more smaller things I can think of. I love this game but franchise definitely needs some tweaks before expansion is added in my mind.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #7
3X MLBTS Champion

mlblover15's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinsmen7
Sure, I'd love to see it, but would prefer re-location, and feel like it would be much easier to attain.

I can absolutely understand why it hasn't been added, as it would be a trainwreck trying to figure out coding to protect players, especially with all of the created rosters out there.

Re-location should absolutely be in it though, it's been in every other sports game for the past 3-4 years.
Actually, ASB 2005 did it well. Sure every time you started the mode you had the same lot of players to choose from but that was ok. If memory serves once ASB had to shut down the SDS team got a member or two from the ASB team. So in reality, if those persons are still there it has a chance of being reborn with ease
Old 09-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #8
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlblover15
Actually, ASB 2005 did it well. Sure every time you started the mode you had the same lot of players to choose from but that was ok. If memory serves once ASB had to shut down the SDS team got a member or two from the ASB team. So in reality, if those persons are still there it has a chance of being reborn with ease
Not my cup of tea, but not opposed to them adding it so long as it doesn't take away from them keeping this gameplay so stellar.

I'd prefer they bring back season mode for those of us who play every pitch of every inning, and can't possibly get thru multiple years of franchise in a calendar year.

Dowie

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »