Home

CPU defense knows your play

This is a discussion on CPU defense knows your play within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 07:41 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

The CPU defense knows you’re play and adjusts to it during the play.
As soon as your quarterback releases the ball the defenders immediately stop the zone or man coverage and react to the ball.
I ran the identical play three times in a row,3 wrs double slants. Play 1 on throw to wr 1 (right side wr) as soon as the qb released the ball the mlb stopped his coverage of slot man to stop turn back 180 and deflect ball. Play 2 same call this time I threw to wr 2 (left side we) same mlb contuines with slot guy and continues with slot coverage to get into position to deflect ball again. Did not stop and turn back toward wr1. Play 3 hot route slot man to go deep straight up field, mlb stays with slot man until ball is released to wr 1 on his slant route. Mlb stops coverage ( with his back to the ball) as soon as qb releases ball mlb 180 turn to glide/morph back under to deflect ball.
When you watch it in slow motion reply it’s very obvious that they react before the ball is thrown to the receiver you select .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 07:46 PM   #2

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: CPU defense knows your play

I've noticed this as well. It's becoming pretty frustrating. Trying to find sliders to combat it a bit.

What difficulty are on? AM?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:53 PM   #3
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

I have noticed this also. I would see excellent coverage which did not meet my pre-snap read nor the after play diagram. I would go into the highlight and the defense would be running a completely different play.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
Banned

Yes the devs have confirmed that is part of AM programming...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-20-2018, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's like they're playing man and zone at the same time, following their assigned receiver but also able to react instantly in any direction to a pass in their "zone".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 08:18 PM   #6
MVP

I absolutely noticed this when playing on All Madden. After switching to All Pro, leaving CPU sliders at default and pulling my user sliders down on an even basis, I am having much more realistic games.

I still do notice DB's breaking on balls like I've never seen in Madden before, which I really like. Corner routes are very difficult to complete against man coverage and hole defenders do a far better job at hooking underneath in coverage and sticking for a longer period of time.

At times, I will see a corner "peel off" his man coverage to attack the ball thrown to a different receiver. However, when I watch the replay, I notice that he was playing an over-the-top technique and thus actually saw the ball being released, making the resulting animation believable.

Obviously, the WR/DB animations still need cleaning up, as I will on occasion still see a defensive back's hands passing thru a receiver's chest to break up a pass.

I like the idea of the CPU being able to scout you to some degree. Coaching needs to and should play a role. However, I am talking about calling defenses to stop tendencies, rather than simply programming the CPU to actually know the exact play and react in an unbelievable manner to stop it.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:52 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
I've noticed this as well. It's becoming pretty frustrating. Trying to find sliders to combat it a bit.

What difficulty are on? AM?
I play all pro with the sliders demonstrably in my favor.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:55 PM   #8
MVP

Unlucky 13's Arena

OVR: 4

I see it on All Pro every game too. The instant I push the button to throw the ball, the defenders immediately change direction and run to the spot that the ball will land. I run the same playbook that I have for the past seven to eight years, and many of the plays are now totally useless. Between this factor and the screwy RPM, WR screens are totally useless, the player catches the ball and is immediately stopped for a loss. 100% of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »