Home

Historic Draft Classes

This is a discussion on Historic Draft Classes within the NBA 2K Basketball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
lvl
Banned

OVR: 0
Historic Draft Classes

How do the players look? Are they the young player models?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Historic Draft Classes

Nah, the 99 class has old *** bald Manu ahah. Most classes have like 5-10 players max. I'm tremendously disappointed by them tbh. There's also a gamebreaking age glitch that resets everybody's age all willy nilly every time you open them. People become like, 3y/o, 1y/o, -2076 years old. Hate tobe the type who complains but they're very very bad. Like, I don't see how they could be much worse.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:43 PM   #3
lvl
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chederer
Nah, the 99 class has old *** bald Manu ahah. Most classes have like 5-10 players max. I'm tremendously disappointed by them tbh. There's also a gamebreaking age glitch that resets everybody's age all willy nilly every time you open them. People become like, 3y/o, 1y/o, -2076 years old. Hate tobe the type who complains but they're very very bad. Like, I don't see how they could be much worse.
Thanks for the reply. That’s tremendously disappointing.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:22 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chederer
I'm tremendously disappointed by them tbh.

Yeah, the age glitch makes them worthless....and I'm a little surprised that they don't have more guys in the classes. But I do think it's something that will built upon better in future releases...they should be able to keep adding guys to the draft classes each year to get more and more guys that aren't in the game elsewhere. Seems like that may be their focus going forward instead of adding many more classic teams.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 8

Ugh...of course, this was the one thing that convinced me to get this year's game. Bought it online last night without checking here first. Never done that before but figured as hyped as they were about it, I didn't have much to worry about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 11:33 AM   #6
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo3772
Yeah, the age glitch makes them worthless....and I'm a little surprised that they don't have more guys in the classes. But I do think it's something that will built upon better in future releases...they should be able to keep adding guys to the draft classes each year to get more and more guys that aren't in the game elsewhere. Seems like that may be their focus going forward instead of adding many more classic teams.

You can ignore their ages because once you import them to a MyLeague then they don't show up as too young or negative.

There's two workaround for the rookie glitch.

The first way is to change each rookies years to 0 in the offseason before advancing to the new season. If you wait and change it after you advance then they don't register as rookies. The easiest way to do this is to sort by age (youngest to oldest) and edit all of the rookies for each team.

The other way is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
The process: Edit player within draft class editor > Export player DNA > Exit draft class > Open Create a player > Import player DNA from draft class > Edit years pro to 0 > Export player DNA > Open draft class back up > Edit player > Import player DNA > Save.

It's a hassle but i'm glad there's a solution. The show can go on
I'm not sure which one is quicker. It may just be a matter of personal preference. It's annoying to do but at least it works and makes copying DNA usable.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-24-2018, 02:57 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
You can ignore their ages because once you import them to a MyLeague then they don't show up as too young or negative.

There's two workaround for the rookie glitch.

You lost me there.....why would you need a workaround if their ages showed up fine when imported into a league?
Old 09-24-2018, 03:01 PM   #8
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo3772
You lost me there.....why would you need a workaround if their ages showed up fine when imported into a league?

Their "years played" shows up as the players DNA that was imported. So even though they were just drafted they won't really registered as a rookie and won't be up for Rookie of the Year or any All-Rookie teams.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Rosters »