Home

Playing 08 on PS2 again and...

This is a discussion on Playing 08 on PS2 again and... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0

So picked up 08 on the PS2 again and boy did I fall in love again. The gameplay has brought me back to my high school days of enjoying playing. No need to edit everything to give me that “sim” feel or to correct the garbage that I just spent $60+ on.

Started a dynasty up and I decided I was going to play every game to make my own college football universe. I’ll be the one creating the upsets or the blowouts. I have had some pretty great games so far far. A couple blowouts against FCS teams, I was blown out once, and had a real tough one so far.

Well, I decided I was going to edit some equipment on the a few star players for each team to make them stand out a bit more. So I looked at ratings while I was doing that, and I noticed something that I thought was funny...

The ratings on this game are so simple. You awareness and speed and all the basics. There’s no 5 different categories per rating like you see nowadays. It got me to thinking, could this be why games today are so wonky and what we feel not “sim” anymore? Could EA be trying so hard to make it “realistic” that they are actually making it worse? Why not just go back to the basics and work on more depth for games?

Just something that popped in my head and was curious what others had thought about. Sorry if this has been talked about before. If it has then just ignore it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2018, 08:04 PM   #2
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Re: Playing 08 on PS2 again and...

NCAA 08 was my least favorite of that gen. 06 is the best. Nothing has topped it.

That said, I still prefer 08 over the PS3/360 gen.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
NCAA 08 was my least favorite of that gen. 06 is the best. Nothing has topped it.

I would have def went with 06 if they had a copy. I like to look at them before I buy it. That’s why I don’t buy em online. That being said, I think there’s something about the ratings on this gen that made it so much better and able to go more in depth.

Old 09-24-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri

I second this. There are times I prefer 06 over 14. It just played really well. My only gripe is having been used to the coaching carousel, it annoys me to not have it. The gameplay in 06 is fantastic though.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrobbins84
I second this. There are times I prefer 06 over 14. It just played really well. My only gripe is having been used to the coaching carousel, it annoys me to not have it. The gameplay in 06 is fantastic though.

What makes you guys say that? I’m curious. I never played 08 before now on ps2. 06 was my last until I upgraded to the PS3 and so on. The 8 games I’ve played, I don’t have much to complain about but I know I have to play more until I can make a final decision. Just looking for input to keep an eye out for.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 01:54 PM   #6
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
What makes you guys say that? I’m curious. I never played 08 before now on ps2. 06 was my last until I upgraded to the PS3 and so on. The 8 games I’ve played, I don’t have much to complain about but I know I have to play more until I can make a final decision. Just looking for input to keep an eye out for.

Hopefully my blog and YouTube channel can answer that. See below.

BLOG

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 09-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Hopefully my blog and YouTube channel can answer that. See below.

BLOG

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Wow man! You got in depth there, I’ll def have to look more into that when I have the time. Appreciate it!

Old 09-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #8
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
Wow man! You got in depth there, I’ll def have to look more into that when I have the time. Appreciate it!

Thanks. The purpose of creating REVIVAL was to give other gamers a real coaching perspective to the game and to show how deep. 06 really is. I hope I have done that so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »