Home

Is Ciampa's Absence a Work?

This is a discussion on Is Ciampa's Absence a Work? within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Will Ciampa Be In The 2K19 Game?
He's in day 1 and this is a work 2 9.09%
He's out 13 59.09%
He's in as DLC 3 13.64%
He's in as and so are Cross and Kendrick day 1 1 4.55%
They are all in as DLC 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Is Ciampa's Absence a Work?

POLL: Will he be in the game or not? What about Nikki Cross and TBK?

Last edited by steviegolfballs; 09-23-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2018, 06:20 PM   #2
MVP

wiscowilz's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Is Ciampa's Absence a Work?

I guess if it was just Ciampa, they might be having fun with us, but it makes no sense since all 3 are out. I don't know why they aren't in it since they were all in last years game and have been very active the entire year.
NCAA:Badgers
MLB:Brewers
NBA:Bucks

WWLeague Season 3
wiscowilz World Wrestling League Standings/Champions
Old 09-23-2018, 11:51 PM   #3
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I don't trust anyone associated with WWE video games to pull off anything that clever, so I'm voting "no, he's not in at all."

That being said, I would love to eat crow on this one.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:09 AM   #4

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Cien Almas was taken out the last minute last year and the year before that Rick Martel was taken out the last minute. Maybe the same thing happened this year?

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:55 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 0

personally it doesn't matter to me, didn't really use Ciampa a lot in 18 so not a big loss

but lets be real... worst case scenario hes not in the game, his moves will be and by day 2-3 there will be a dozen good Ciampa's to download
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 08:25 AM   #6
Rookie

Plus he has no entrance music anyway so he'll be the easiest one ever to make. I couldn't care lass about TBK but I like Nikki Cross and wish she was in.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:59 PM   #7
Pro

cherman24's Arena

OVR: 4

Do you think they will be unlocked by completion of the new tower mode? Kinda silly that you don’t have a champ and have to preorder to get the woman’s champ. Imagine if you’d have to preorder nba just to get the warriors. I know this isn’t really a sport, but they seem to milk this really bad. It’s not visually as good as it could be, but they have a monopoly so there’s really no choice. It’s essentially a $100 game if you want a whole game. They need to run it like a sports game and leave the extras to bonus things or dlc like showcase or legends. The people you see weekly should be on disc day 1.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:23 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherman24
Do you think they will be unlocked by completion of the new tower mode? Kinda silly that you don’t have a champ and have to preorder to get the woman’s champ. Imagine if you’d have to preorder nba just to get the warriors. I know this isn’t really a sport, but they seem to milk this really bad. It’s not visually as good as it could be, but they have a monopoly so there’s really no choice. It’s essentially a $100 game if you want a whole game. They need to run it like a sports game and leave the extras to bonus things or dlc like showcase or legends. The people you see weekly should be on disc day 1.
Agree on all points, but why would they change? We pay the $100 and foam at the mouth over three people being left off the list. Until fans stop buying the game there is no reason to change their model. The three not in the game are certainly odd in their absence but what really bothers me is that the game itself doesn't seem to improve. Same graphics, same clunky gameplay. They throw in a couple things like voiceovers and re-work a couple of the match types, but in the end, is this game really that much different than those of the past couple years? Do you hear them brag for one second about gameplay? You know this game is going to be virtually unchanged based on their silence. When Madden or The Show does a major update to the gameplay and graphics they sing to high Heaven about it and it's all you hear about leading up to release. Unless someone can prove me wrong this game is a $100 roster update, so if it's worth $100 to have Ronda Rousey's theme music then by all means buy it. Otherwise I don't see much difference from last year's edition.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »