Home

In Case You Don't Know: How to Save Dez Bryant and others from disappearing in CFM

This is a discussion on In Case You Don't Know: How to Save Dez Bryant and others from disappearing in CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2018, 01:28 AM   #1
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1
In Case You Don't Know: How to Save Dez Bryant and others from disappearing in CFM

I'm not sure if this has been posted or discussed but I run a 32-team control franchise mode and I found a guaranteed way of making sure the players I don't want to disappear stay in free agency.

All you need to do is sign them, change their age 20 years old in any week of the preseason, advance to the first week of the regular season, sign them again and put their age back to what it was/really is.

As long as their contracts don't' have any guaranteed money on them, it's completely risk-free.

Hope this helps someone.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #2
Rookie

megacity1's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: In Case You Don't Know: How to Save Dez Bryant and others from disappearing in CF

I just ended up signing those players to the teams they were on last year. Sometimes the CPU does cut them after Year 1, sometimes not. I'm getting unnecessarily frustrated trying to let them land wherever in FA only to see them disappear lol

I ran a few dummy franchise sims to see what happens and nothing crazy that I could tell.

So:
Incognito/Bills
Dez/Cowboys
Eric Reid/Niners
NaVarro Bowman/Raiders
TJ Ward/Bucs
etc.

Kendall Wright had to go back to the Bears though because this "exceed salary cap" nonsense stopped that.

That's another option I thought to share.

Last edited by megacity1; 09-27-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:58 PM   #3
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Re: In Case You Don't Know: How to Save Dez Bryant and others from disappearing in CF

Incognito and TJ Ward are likely done
Old 09-29-2018, 07:44 PM   #4
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Does anyone have a complete list of who disappears?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #5
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
Does anyone have a complete list of who disappears?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

There can be no 'list as it will vary with each update and any injury/signings etc made by any teams in preseason , what will be consistent is the methodology of what happens .

There is a set limit , by position of FAs retained after week 1 ( 30 QBs, 50 HBs , 50 Wrs etc ) that maxes out at 640 ( that's not including PS signed players ), 300 on offense, 300 defense & 20 each kickers/ punters

The criteria is age , with the 50 ( or however many at that position )youngest retained , and older players deleted

Last edited by briz1046; 09-30-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2018, 11:30 AM   #6
Rookie

megacity1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
Incognito and TJ Ward are likely done
Oh, yeah for sure Incognito lol Ward might be able to land a 1 year deal somewhere if someone really needs the Safety help I think.

In any case, I just placed them on a roster so they're not wiped out. With the current update regarding Rishard Matthews release, he will now disappear if not on a roster so if you're going to start a CFM, place him back on the Titans.
Old 09-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #7
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

I edit them to punters, start the season then edit them back to their real positions. They should stay.
Old 09-30-2018, 07:04 PM   #8
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by megacity1
Oh, yeah for sure Incognito lol Ward might be able to land a 1 year deal somewhere if someone really needs the Safety help I think.

In any case, I just placed them on a roster so they're not wiped out. With the current update regarding Rishard Matthews release, he will now disappear if not on a roster so if you're going to start a CFM, place him back on the Titans.
this is why i think tj ward is done On January 3, 2018, Ward was arrested in Tampa, Florida for possession of marijuana. He was released from jail on a $2,500 bond.[17] The charges against him would ultimately be dropped

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »