Home

Axis Football '18 Review

This is a discussion on Axis Football '18 Review within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2018, 06:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Axis Football '18 Review

There’s a new gridiron game out on Steam with the release of Axis Football ‘18. There...

Written By: Matt Llewellyn

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 11:37 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
As much as I appreciate the effort, I just can't do it.* Maybe 10 years ago but not in 2018.* The game just looks too dated & gameplay is too generic.* *I encourage them to keep at it though.* Maybe in a couple years* it could turn into a real competitor.**

On a positive note, this game already does some things better than Madden.* I don't see players completely walking through each other's bodies when breaking the huddle on offense!**
Old 09-28-2018, 02:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Axis Football '18 Review

Will this be on the consel's?
Old 09-28-2018, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanonsilvercreek
It's releasing for consoles (I believe) in October.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:33 PM   #5
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanonsilvercreek
Unless they recently moved it up, it is Nov. 7 (the last I heard from Danny).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2018, 01:58 AM   #6
Rookie

I think for them to succeed they need to start with a mobile franchise based simulation and build a solid fan base from there. I hope to support them by buying a console version in a few months but frankly with the big titles rolling out I don’t know if I will have time to play! Follow OOTP’s footsteps and create a can’t put down mobile game and go from there!
Old 09-29-2018, 08:10 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 21

I commend the Axis team for even taking this on. I am sure it is a daunting taks for a very small team.

However, this is 2018...I am not looking to spend my money on titles that look like, and play like, titles from 20-25 years ago. That holds true for any genre...not just sports.

I can't buy this in its current state, but I will keep an eye on their progress over the next few years. I believe they are about 2-3 years away from producing the kind of game that people both want and expect this year. I hope they can find funding from a backer, because I don't think their sales are going to keep the team afloat for that length of time.

Best of luck to the team...

C
Old 09-29-2018, 01:29 PM   #8
Rookie

redwo1f's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I commend the Axis team for even taking this on. I am sure it is a daunting taks for a very small team.

However, this is 2018...I am not looking to spend my money on titles that look like, and play like, titles from 20-25 years ago. That holds true for any genre...not just sports.

I can't buy this in its current state, but I will keep an eye on their progress over the next few years. I believe they are about 2-3 years away from producing the kind of game that people both want and expect this year. I hope they can find funding from a backer, because I don't think their sales are going to keep the team afloat for that length of time.

Best of luck to the team...

C
Well we will agree to completely disagree. Graphics mean little compared to overall game play, imho. Why do you think there is a big return to retro gaming? People are realizing that it means less the way games look, and more the way they play and the features they have (at least some of us, lol). Heck, I know lots of guys who still play Front Page Sports Football Pro series because it did so many things well (and it looks like sh$t compared to modern games). If you can't play it or any game because the graphics look sub-par to you, well that's your choice (I feel for you -- indeed there are AMAZING games with not great graphics (case in point - Airships Conquer the Skies (indie team, 2-D pixelated graphics - but soooo incredibly fun!) Let graphics be your guide if you must, but you are missing out on a lot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »