Home

New content tied to Roster Updates

This is a discussion on New content tied to Roster Updates within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2018, 07:57 AM   #1
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

OVR: 0
New content tied to Roster Updates

I’ve read that the Nuggets new court is strictly tied to a roster update, can someone confirm this and if so are the new unis they add gonna be the same way? If so you will basically never be able to play a my league with all content without starting over each time ??? This would be very damaging to the game imo

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2018, 08:28 AM   #2
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Re: New content tied to Roster Updates

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
I’ve read that the Nuggets new court is strictly tied to a roster update, can someone confirm this and if so are the new unis they add gonna be the same way? If so you will basically never be able to play a my league with all content without starting over each time ??? This would be very damaging to the game imo

If they add anything new and you’re already in a current myLeague, all you have to do is enter your league, exit it, and re-enter. Everything should be available for you now.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 09-29-2018, 08:39 AM   #3
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
If they add anything new and you’re already in a current myLeague, all you have to do is enter your league, exit it, and re-enter. Everything should be available for you now.

Ok that’s what I’ve heard in the past but I thought someone said that isn’t applicable for the newest court update they added? Maybe I’m wrong, I hope I am!

Old 09-29-2018, 09:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Ok that’s what I’ve heard in the past but I thought someone said that isn’t applicable for the newest court update they added? Maybe I’m wrong, I hope I am!

It’s hit or miss. I’ve see some new shoes that aren’t available in the myleague I started a few weeks ago. In years past I’ve always at some point in the cycle had to start my myleague over due to new content that did not make it over.

Old 09-29-2018, 11:31 PM   #5
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Is this also the case for when they add new player pictures into the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2018, 11:33 PM   #6
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Did this 15 different times the last 2 days and...............nothing. Jerseys and courts look to be tied to roster updates. Shoes are the only thing that show up in existing ML saves.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 09-29-2018 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:48 PM   #7
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Just so we are clear. This is a screen grab from an existing franchise I did to test this out. Jazz new throwback uniform does not show up either in the uniform select screen. It has been added to the game though through a roster update.

1st screenshot is from an existing ML file after the update.

2nd & 3rd screenshots are from the newest update in a brand new ML file and in Play Now.

Morale of the story is "certain" new contents like Courts and Jerseys are tied to the roster updates once again. This basically makes playing the game useless (if you're into uniforms and courts) until after Christmas or even the All Star break which is ridiculous if I'm being honest. 3 teams still have to unveil their throwback uniforms, some of the teams with throwbacks will have special courts that need to be updated (Charlotte is the only one so far). Every teams still has to unveil their City Edition uniforms and some teams like the Utah Jazz and Sacramento Kings have special courts to go along with that. The Christmas jerseys still have to be unveiled and that probably wont be until December or close to it. All Star game uniforms are a ways away from being unveiled as well. For those of us that want these details will have to wait until February to start a ML unless, they patch this or stop tying everything to roster updates and let these things update in existing ML files like shoes do. Time will tell I guess.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NuggetsNonCourtUpdate.jpg (87.1 KB, 1410 views)
File Type: jpg 42771938_2403231693050718_1538891218858016768_n.jpg (74.7 KB, 1424 views)
File Type: jpg 42854231_2403232013050686_8687170164795375616_n.jpg (93.4 KB, 1427 views)

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 09-30-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:19 AM   #8
Rookie

zrtelford's Arena

OVR: 3

If that is true, that super sucks, bums me out really. I want the gradient orange Jazz unis in my league, but I already started, and can't restart again or i'll never finish my season. Just not enough time. Hope they can patch this for us existing save people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Just so we are clear. This is a screen grab from an existing franchise I did to test this out. Jazz new throwback uniform does not show up either in the uniform select screen. It has been added to the game though through a roster update.

1st screenshot is from an existing ML file after the update.

2nd & 3rd screenshots are from the newest update in a brand new ML file and in Play Now.

Morale of the story is "certain" new contents like Courts and Jerseys are tied to the roster updates once again. This basically makes playing the game useless (if you're into uniforms and courts) until after Christmas or even the All Star break which is ridiculous if I'm being honest. 3 teams still have to unveil their throwback uniforms, some of the teams with throwbacks will have special courts that need to be updated (Charlotte is the only one so far). Every teams still has to unveil their City Edition uniforms and some teams like the Utah Jazz and Sacramento Kings have special courts to go along with that. The Christmas jerseys still have to be unveiled and that probably wont be until December or close to it. All Star game uniforms are a ways away from being unveiled as well. For those of us that want these details will have to wait until February to start a ML unless, they patch this or stop tying everything to roster updates and let these things update in existing ML files like shoes do. Time will tell I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »