Home

defensive 3 second rule

This is a discussion on defensive 3 second rule within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2018, 09:51 AM   #1
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

OVR: 0
defensive 3 second rule

According to the NBA rulebook (the rule is the same for college), once an offensive player brings the ball across half-court, any defensive player inside the 16-foot lane (from the baseline to the free-throw line, commonly referred to "painted area") must be "actively guarding an opponent within three seconds."

Why is 2K not calling this the amount of off ball players who are camping in the key.

Reason for this post I’m not getting FREE points from this. C’mon a rule is a rule I want my FREE points 2K!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2018, 09:57 PM   #2
Banned

Re: defensive 3 second rule

Can u post a video of exactly what the play looks like?? I dont think you really understand how the rule works. I use a center and always avoid these calls
Old 10-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #3
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

It’s no a play it’s when users play off ball with the centre and are camping in the key! There’s no 3 defensive call at all! I’ve seen multiple times where he’s not even stepping out of the key to reset the count.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:50 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I feel like they miss this call alot in JRC. But the "actively guarding" is that the defender must be within arms length of a offensive player. I get it called on me alot in MyCareer even though I'm within arms length of a player. I think the game can't recognize consistently when a person camping in the paint is within arms length of an offensive player.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
According to the NBA rulebook (the rule is the same for college), once an offensive player brings the ball across half-court, any defensive player inside the 16-foot lane (from the baseline to the free-throw line, commonly referred to "painted area") must be "actively guarding an opponent within three seconds."

Why is 2K not calling this the amount of off ball players who are camping in the key.

Reason for this post I’m not getting FREE points from this. C’mon a rule is a rule I want my FREE points 2K!

There is no 3 second defensive violation in college or high school basketball. I officiate both.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2018, 03:31 PM   #6
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
It’s no a play it’s when users play off ball with the centre and are camping in the key! There’s no 3 defensive call at all! I’ve seen multiple times where he’s not even stepping out of the key to reset the count.

They can stay in the lane if they’re nearby a offensive player making an attempt to guard him

Old 10-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #7
Pro

Look I am going to say this, if an issue that appears to be this small gets through the devs may have trouble implementing the rule in its truest form without impacting the game negatively. Hell maybe they are generous about it because they know animations could get you caught up unintentionally

Old 10-08-2018, 11:30 AM   #8
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

2K doesn't enforce the call unless the player is in the key for six seconds. I imagine it's an attempt to counter the overabundance of bumping animations that prevent players from moving around properly.

But the penalty is in the game. If you pay attention, you'll notice that most CPU defenders will get out of the paint after five seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »