Home

Why do I need to have three or more friends who treat 2k like a second job?

This is a discussion on Why do I need to have three or more friends who treat 2k like a second job? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 12:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Why do I need to have three or more friends who treat 2k like a second job?

If you want to take your myplayer online and play a real game of 2k (aka not the park) you NEED to have four other friends who are not only extremely dedicated to playing 2k, but also willing to shell out $100+ on this game?

In order to get a JRC game going you need

1. Three or more friends who play 2k
2. Three or more friends who can align their schedules to play together
3. Three or more friends who are willing to either spend hours upon hours grinding to a decent rating or three friends who are willing to spend $100 on the game
4. To convince two of those three friends to run with a big so you can actually get into a game
5. To convince those two friends who picked a big not to throw their xbox out the window after attempting a lay up or two

Why do I need to have three more friends who treat 2k like a second job in order to play this game online with our myplayers?

And if 2k wanted to only have semi-pro players in their JRC and Pro-am why did they take out all star teamup which was the PERFECT mode to play with your more casual friends who didn't feel like spending extra money/time on this game?

It's so frustrating to go into the JRC lobby with three friends and not be able to find a game after 30+ minutes of trying.

How am I supposed to convince anybody to play this game when there is so much extra effort that needs to be exerted to even play the game online when options like fortnight, COD, Red dead etc. are all more easily accessible to play online with friends?

Honestly, I have no problem grinding my guy and spending hours getting him to the level I want him to be. I've played 2k since the dreamcast and I get a lot of enjoyment from playing this game.. but I can't expect my friends who play multiple games to do the same..

I just don't understand why they removed all star team up if they were going to make the requirements even more strict in order to play this game online with your myplayer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why do I need to have three or more friends who treat 2k like a second job?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardaway1
If you want to take your myplayer online and play a real game of 2k (aka not the park) you NEED to have four other friends who are not only extremely dedicated to playing 2k, but also willing to shell out $100+ on this game?

3. Three or more friends who are willing to either spend hours upon hours grinding to a decent rating or three friends who are willing to spend $100 on the game
4. To convince two of those three friends to run with a big so you can actually get into a game
5. To convince those two friends who picked a big not to throw their xbox out the window after attempting a lay up or two

Why do I need to have three more friends who treat 2k like a second job in order to play this game online with our myplayers?

And if 2k wanted to only have semi-pro players in their JRC and Pro-am why did they take out all star teamup which was the PERFECT mode to play with your more casual friends who didn't feel like spending extra money/time on this game?

It's so frustrating to go into the JRC lobby with three friends and not be able to find a game after 30+ minutes of trying.

How am I supposed to convince anybody to play this game when there is so much extra effort that needs to be exerted to even play the game online when options like fortnight, COD, Red dead etc. are all more easily accessible to play online with friends?

Honestly, I have no problem grinding my guy and spending hours getting him to the level I want him to be. I've played 2k since the dreamcast and I get a lot of enjoyment from playing this game.. but I can't expect my friends who play multiple games to do the same..

I just don't understand why they removed all star team up if they were going to make the requirements even more strict in order to play this game online with your myplayer
Fix the bigs so people want to play with big men and not rebs or defenders or pure sharps.

thats the solution. for some silly reason 2k decided to kill the post scoring bigs and athletic bigs. doing this means everyone is going to be a perimeter player except for a small few who want the easy life and rebound and pitch it out. most people are not content with that role. everyone that wants to be a big doesnt want to abuse the exploit of making a super thin big who runs super fast and moves quickly to make him a pure sharp so he does nothing else but move side to side and launch 3's all game long.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:21 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardaway1

Sadly, I believe it is an intentional design decision(aside from the issue with bigs missing inside shots) to "steer" people towards microtransactions.
Old 10-17-2018, 04:28 PM   #4
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

All Star Team Up was added back into the game. They haven't said anything about it, but if you go into "Play with Friends," you'll see an All Star Team Up option now.
Old 10-17-2018, 06:50 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
All Star Team Up was added back into the game. They haven't said anything about it, but if you go into "Play with Friends," you'll see an All Star Team Up option now.
Huh waaattt!!! I gotta go check this out
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »