Home

Final Patch(es) - Free Up Career Mode

This is a discussion on Final Patch(es) - Free Up Career Mode within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

chadex's Arena

OVR: 1
Final Patch(es) - Free Up Career Mode

So, the addition of sliders to Career Mode was huge for me and went a long way towards adding replay-ability. While the mode is still flawed in a lot of fundamentals ways, I feel like EA/the devs could just let us have it all with what looks like only a few patches remaining.

Adding things like:
- Letting us choose existing fighters with their existing stats
- Letting us start a bit behind in UFC history so we aren't fighting Cormier when he's 46 (aging seems to be a little bit better in these recent patches)
- Allowing us to have max stats or unlock all moves from the start
- Letting us choose divisions when we win two belts (we're currently just forced into the higher ones)

What do you guys think, or what would you add?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 11:59 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Final Patch(es) - Free Up Career Mode

Absolutely! But the number one thing I want is for the cpu champions to change dynamically. Right now if Cormier is the light heavy champ he never loses and it is that way in every division even the ones you do not compete in. This means the only time a champ changes is when you beat one.

The second thing is being forced to retire of you lose to a rival twice. Also I want to be able to retire at anytime not just when they prompt you after you make the hall of fame. If I lose to a rival twice send me back to the WFA!

Also icing on the cake would be the ai taunting me during a fight.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:39 AM   #3
Rookie

chadex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERsports
Absolutely! But the number one thing I want is for the cpu champions to change dynamically. Right now if Cormier is the light heavy champ he never loses and it is that way in every division even the ones you do not compete in. This means the only time a champ changes is when you beat one.

The second thing is being forced to retire of you lose to a rival twice. Also I want to be able to retire at anytime not just when they prompt you after you make the hall of fame. If I lose to a rival twice send me back to the WFA!

Also icing on the cake would be the ai taunting me during a fight.
I'm with you! Oversight on my end for non-dynamically changing champs - I feel from a dev standpoint, that shouldn't be hard to change at all.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:10 AM   #4
Rookie

Get rid of longevity!

PLEASE!!
Old 10-19-2018, 12:15 PM   #5
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

Just let us play career like a regular career in any other sports game where you pick an existing fighter (or team in fifa or nba for example) and you basically play career as him or her with his actual stats and movesets. Have NATURAL progression or declination with training camps playing a small role on attributes but more on temporary fitness. Nobody wants to use a 100 overall machine. Also, the champions should change and the career should start a few years back (maybe we could choose this). Have guys retiring and generated fighters come in. I've got no idea how something like this isn't even in the game. It's literally in every big sports game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #6
Pro

I have yet to play Career mode, and I'm a 90% offline player (I literally spend most of my time in the game doing Tournament Mode vs AI)

I've been waiting this whole time for the game to either feel "ready" or for them to say they are done with patches, before I start my first Career.

In terms of the game feeling "ready", I really only have two things left on my checklist. A better KO system (ragdoll or just better looking finishes in general) and Dynamic Champions for Career mode.

Those are the two things that would get me finally starting a Career run, but I would also LOOOOVE more freedom when it comes to your status in the WFA and UFC. Like people have been saying, Longevity should just affect stats not force me to retire, also if I loose too much I should have the option to retire OR go back to the WFA and work my way back into the UFC. Or even just stay in the WFA as long as I want, but stats would progress slower since you are not fighting the best of the best.

Also a little thing I think would be cool is if the WFA threw One-night 16-man Tournaments that you could opt into fighting in and earn some extra cash. Would be sick.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #7
Pro

Waste of dev resources. Stop wanting lipstick on the pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-19-2018, 01:29 PM   #8
Rookie

chadex's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKEZERO
Waste of dev resources. Stop wanting lipstick on the pig.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Oh sure, I'll take more stuff around KO animations and better finish the fight ground and pound stuff.

I don't really care about online, Ultimate Team, or anything else of the sort, so Career is my jam and the changes listed above are pretty easy to integrate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »