Home

When Will It Come Back

This is a discussion on When Will It Come Back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2018, 10:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
When Will It Come Back

With all of the trials going on and the college hoops scandal, when can we expect this game to come back? Do you think we are looking at a min of 2 years? Could the outcomes of these trials speed up the process?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 10:10 AM   #2
Pro

parent22's Arena

Re: When Will It Come Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingelsby
With all of the trials going on and the college hoops scandal, when can we expect this game to come back? Do you think we are looking at a min of 2 years? Could the outcomes of these trials speed up the process?

Yes, it could but it could also slow it down assuming the outcome is not what we want.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:29 PM   #3
Serenity Now!

Random Hero's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm of the opinion that we will never see a CFB game again, at least not in a similar capacity to EA's series. The monetization issues with college athletes is too divisive and nobody will want to touch the series if it's steeped in that kind of controversy year in and year out. I think a game like Gridiron Champions is the closest we will see.

Last edited by Random Hero; 10-20-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:21 PM   #4
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I would be totally fine with completely random rosters, limit customization to an A-F grade system based on position. I just want it back.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
Rookie

What would the problem be if they did generic rosters for every team, just listed everyone from number 1 to 90 with just position, let us edit name, height weight etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cingelsby
What would the problem be if they did generic rosters for every team, just listed everyone from number 1 to 90 with just position, let us edit name, height weight etc.
They basically did that. It didn't matter.

At the end of the day, I'd assume the game simply never sold all that well to continue to deal with headaches and lawsuits/NCAA hanging over your head at every turn, so numbers would say it was simply beneficial for them to just scrap it. Sucks, but this is likely the reasoning.

Last edited by Von Dozier; 10-21-2018 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:20 AM   #7
Rookie

The next game will have created teams, conferences, names, colors etc. But everything can be edited and downloaded from internet. As long as the game leaves the store having no similarities with real teams and players, it is legal.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Dozier
They basically did that. It didn't matter.

At the end of the day, I'd assume the game simply never sold all that well to continue to deal with headaches and lawsuits/NCAA hanging over your head at every turn, so numbers would say it was simply beneficial for them to just scrap it. Sucks, but this is likely the reasoning.
They did not basically do that. The rosters EA created every year were clearly modeled after real players from their ratings to their physical traits to their hometowns and their numbers and apparel.

That is where EA screwed up. We all knew who QB2 was supposed to be on Team X. RB5 on USC back in the day was clearly Reggie Bush. It was no coincidence that the rosters were near copies outside of having the actual names in them.

If they had done completely randomly generated rosters the trouble may have been avoided. The way they did things, though, did them in with what the case was about.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »