Home

"Allow Offensive Rebound" after a block

This is a discussion on "Allow Offensive Rebound" after a block within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2018, 02:24 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
"Allow Offensive Rebound" after a block

Anyone else think it's unfair that 2k docks your teammate rating for "allowing an offensive rebound" after a block? 9/10 times it isn't under your control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 02:58 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: "Allow Offensive Rebound" after a block

there are numerous things that don't make any sense whatsoever, when it comes to teammate rating. one of these beautiful things is, when you steal the ball, but you lose it again right after that (i guess everyone knows what i'm talking about...), your teammate grade is worse than it was before you stole the ball in the first place.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:04 AM   #3
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

God forbid you play help defense to prevent an easy dunk/layup, then you get dinged for leaving your assignment, then again for a defensive breakdown.

Or when your teammate calls for a switch on a screen, but then they don't actually switch, and you get dinged again for a defensive breakdown.
Old 10-23-2018, 11:11 AM   #4
Rookie

the whole myplayer gameplay sucks. besides the horrendous teammate grading mechanics, there are so many flaws, that it's not really fun anymore.

it's ridicuous how many shots the cpu makes, when the clock runs out. EVERY F*CKING TIME!

it's ridiculous, how bad your team mates are, compared to how they'd play if they'd be on the cpu's team. they can't even make easy layups. and if you pass the ball for an easy basket, the magically slow down and instead of going to the basket, the literally wait to be blocked or fouled. this bloody game is scripted af!

i won't even mentioned all those stupid clippings and running-out-of-bounds-animations, after you caught a ball. and also not the unrealistically high fg percentage.

in so many aspects, this game is just ridiculously bad. i don't know why people keep on saying, that it's a good and realistic basketball sim. it's not.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:20 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernte
the whole myplayer gameplay sucks. besides the horrendous teammate grading mechanics, there are so many flaws, that it's not really fun anymore.

it's ridicuous how many shots the cpu makes, when the clock runs out. EVERY F*CKING TIME!

it's ridiculous, how bad your team mates are, compared to how they'd play if they'd be on the cpu's team. they can't even make easy layups. and if you pass the ball for an easy basket, the magically slow down and instead of going to the basket, the literally wait to be blocked or fouled. this bloody game is scripted af!

i won't even mentioned all those stupid clippings and running-out-of-bounds-animations, after you caught a ball. and also not the unrealistically high fg percentage.

in so many aspects, this game is just ridiculously bad. i don't know why people keep on saying, that it's a good and realistic basketball sim. it's not.
One of the most annoying things about your CPU teammates is how they will jog down the court on a fast break instead of gunning it, have seen this so many times.

MyCareer gameplay is really bad. The rest of the game (PNO) is pretty good I'd say.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

Another annoying thing is when you have to step out on a shooter, contest it, but give up an offensive rebound. I guess I gotta just let the shooter have an easy shot. But I can imagine that's not the easiest thing to program.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Another annoying thing is when you have to step out on a shooter, contest it, but give up an offensive rebound. I guess I gotta just let the shooter have an easy shot. But I can imagine that's not the easiest thing to program.
Speaking of giving easy shots, this is a scenario i always see:

Opponent gets a defensive rebound, starts the break, and either the PG or SG on your team will run SO FAR BACK they camp in the paint and give up a wide open 3, doesnt matter if they are guarding curry, or beal, or jj redick, they'll run and sit underneath the basket on a fast break. Then you run and try to contest it, they miss the shot and then YOUR man gets an offensive board, scores off a putback and you're screwed while your ******* teammate is like, "who me?"
Old 10-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #8
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
Speaking of giving easy shots, this is a scenario i always see:

Opponent gets a defensive rebound, starts the break, and either the PG or SG on your team will run SO FAR BACK they camp in the paint and give up a wide open 3, doesnt matter if they are guarding curry, or beal, or jj redick, they'll run and sit underneath the basket on a fast break. Then you run and try to contest it, they miss the shot and then YOUR man gets an offensive board, scores off a putback and you're screwed while your ******* teammate is like, "who me?"
You forgot to add the "Bad Block Attempt" in there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »