Home

Next Real Roster Update ?? NHL19

This is a discussion on Next Real Roster Update ?? NHL19 within the EA Sports NHL Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2018, 03:04 PM   #1
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

OVR: 0
Next Real Roster Update ?? NHL19

So the first update (that wasn't one) was a dud. The excuses where licenses and players in "Juniors" playing til that 10 game marks. Ok. So now that those are over or moot points...

EA when can we expect a decent AHL and correct roster update ? I'd say at this point, trade deadline... LoL

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 10:48 AM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Next Real Roster Update ?? NHL19

I'm wondering the same thing, I know a lot of the missing AHL players can be found on the prospect teams. If you wanted to spend the time getting them on to their correct teams you could. Me personally I don't have nearly as much time to play video games as i used to, and I'm pretty heavily invested in Madden and a couple of other games right now so I'm just going to wait until they release the next update.

It is crazy though that they don't try to rush and get them out once the players have played their minimum amount of games. Especially when sports games are trending towards weekly roster updates but NHL continues to take their time. If I even buy this game at all next year I will wait until it goes on sale in November so hopefully by then they will have a more accurate roster update out. That's if I even buy it, next years game will need to be a considerable improvement, in franchise mode for me to spend money.
Old 10-23-2018, 09:50 PM   #3
All Star

TNKNGM's Arena

OVR: 14

There's a ton of players from NCAA last year who are on AHL teams.....some damn good prospects

That is why I am waiting to start my franchise, this next roster update traditionally starts adding those players in

For Boston (who I use), Trent Frederic is one of their top prospects and will probably see the NHL this year. I am not starting my franchise without him. The Bruins also have Karson Kuhlman and Cam Hughes on the AHL roster and they aren't in the game yet
Old 10-29-2018, 09:42 AM   #4
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

how's the newest roster update from Friday? I didn't have time to dive deep into it, but I saw that Jake Bean was back in the Carolina system
Old 10-29-2018, 02:36 PM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR5Noles
how's the newest roster update from Friday? I didn't have time to dive deep into it, but I saw that Jake Bean was back in the Carolina system
Wait, a roster update came out on Friday?? If so they released it quietly under the radar. Hopefully Filip Zadina is back in the Red Wings system. I've been waiting to start my franchise until we got a more accurate roster update. I wish they would just give us a roster share so we could work together and create a community roster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 09:46 PM   #6
MVP

GR5Noles's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Wait, a roster update came out on Friday?? If so they released it quietly under the radar. Hopefully Filip Zadina is back in the Red Wings system. I've been waiting to start my franchise until we got a more accurate roster update. I wish they would just give us a roster share so we could work together and create a community roster.
yep, one came out on Friday. They said they made edits to every league in the game, so that includes in the AHL. I saw Bean was back in the game for the Checkers, but didn't have to time to check around the league for other guys

EDIT:

Notable prospects missing:

Filip Zadina (but can be found in the prospect teams)
Cale Makar (NCAA)
Quinn Hughes (NCAA)
Kirill Kaprisov (KHL)
Ilya Samsonov (should be on Hershey)
Oliver Wahlstrom (NCAA)
Igor Shestyorkin (KHL)
Vitaly Kravtsov (KHL)
Ilya Sorokin (KHL)
Cal Foote (should be on Syracuse)
Conor Timmons
Adam Fox (NCAA)
Vitaly Abramov (should be on Cleveland)
Colton Point (should be on Texas)
Tyler Benson (should be on Bakersfield)
Mikey Eyssimont (should be on Ontario)
Jake Evans (should be on Laval)
Vincent Praplan (should be on San Jose)
Erik Foley (should be on San Antonio)

but guys like Jake Bean, Carter Hart, Martin Necas, Alex Nedeljkovic, Aleksi Saarela, Morgan Frost, Ryan Donato, Adam Boqvist, Lias Andersson, Barrett Hayton, Logan Brown, Timothy Liljegren, Alex Nylander, Ty Smith, Philippe Myers, Sami Niku, Adam Gaudette, Mason Appleton, Thatcher Demko, Kim Kostin, Ville Husso, Jake Walman, Sammy Blaise, Alexander Volkov, Libor Hajek, Filip Hronek, Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson, Cooper Marody, Sheldon Rempal, and Zach Sensyshyn are on their proper AHL teams.

Other guys like Rasmus Aslund (Farjestad), Olli Juolevi (TPS), Erik Brannstrom (HV71), Lukas Jasek (Bili Tygri Liberec) can be found on other teams.

TLDR; nothing we can really do with the KHL and NCAA guys, they won't be added. But the handful of other guys that are missing should be added eventually

Last edited by GR5Noles; 10-30-2018 at 12:33 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

This is getting frustrating, I get not being able to get the NCAA or KHL prospects in to the game but there are some big prospects missing still missing from the AHL. I gave them a quick once over so I didn't look that close, but Zadina is the only one that I could find on one of the prospects teams. So i could move him to the Griffins but there are still going to be quite a few big name prospects missing. I'm really close to just trading the game in. I don't have nearly as much time to game as I used to and I'm already pretty heavily invested in an online 32 man franchise in Madden and I think I'm going to pick up Red Dead Redemption 2 this weekend.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:13 PM   #8
vox
Just started!

vox's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey guys, stupid question here...

If i move some guys from prospect teams to AHL teams like Zadina... i imagine you are sending back a guy of meaningless value back? As I cant just move him over without a violation to the prospect roster size

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Rosters »