Home

Greens in Park vs ProAm (Rec)

This is a discussion on Greens in Park vs ProAm (Rec) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2018, 07:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Greens in Park vs ProAm (Rec)

Hey guys,

I am a pure sharp with an 98 open three and I am experiencing a massive difference between Park and ProAm when it comes to shooting.
Whereas in Park it is super easy and almost every open shot is a green release, in ProAm I have not had a single one except when I am in takeover. I am constantly missing wide open full white bar releases and I am wondering if its the lag and the "green range" might have moved to another spot on the shot meter or if 2K has purposely made it this way?

I was just wondering if you are experiencing the same thing!?

PS: This thread is not intended to discuss balancing issues!! Please leave this out of here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Greens in Park vs ProAm (Rec)

Its called ‘LATENCY’

This was the same case in 18 where some people had different jumpshots for park and pro am. This is old news.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 1

different sliders?
Old 10-22-2018, 11:59 PM   #4
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
Its called ‘LATENCY’

This was the same case in 18 where some people had different jumpshots for park and pro am. This is old news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
different sliders?
Both of the above.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:38 AM   #5
Rookie

I understand latency and that the shot meter keeps filling when I have already released the button. That I could account for by releasing earlier.

I just don't understand why a full white bar does result in so many bricks when open... afterall this should be the perfect timing regardless of lag or whatever. Unless the green range all the sudden is somewhere at shot meter half empty or something!?!?

Sliders would make sense, but they would be tremendously different! I am talking about a 35% shot percentage reduction.

Thanks for the feedback!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
Pro

A reduction that high must be a mechanical issue on your end. When I look at most people on my friends list, their Rec shooting percentage is only mildly lower than Park - maybe 5%. Which can probably just be accounted for as more defenders and less space. I don’t think there’s even a slider difference quite honestly.
Old 10-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
Its called ‘LATENCY’

This guy is correct. In fact, I had the same thing happen to me but it was the opposite. I can green everything in proam but since I'm not a park player at all, I wasnt used to the latency.

The park kind of had better latency at the time I was playing it because I had to release the ball faster than I did in the proam.

That's the issue though. It's on your end and not 2k. Just pay attention to what the feedback and adjust
Old 10-23-2018, 08:38 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 1

I definitely struggle with the latency in Rec.

I'm wondering if turning off the shot meter completely is the right approach and relying on the actual shooting form. Though I imagine that is subject to input lag too.

Another option is to turn on the under-feet shot meter. That one is a lot bigger, and what appears to be a 'full bar' on the top often is not when you see the larger under-foot one.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »