Home

New update has broken hitting once again

This is a discussion on New update has broken hitting once again within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #1
Rookie

phantomblackgoat's Arena

OVR: 0

Just when I thought SDS had finally gotten it together after the train wreck that was MLB 17's hitting system, they go out do it again. This new update has turned to game into Groundout Simulator 2018. I even jacked up the sliders for contact and solid hits thinking this would offset it, nope, can't even buy a base hit. Seriously the pitchers could be tossing underhand and would still be throwing complete game shutouts left and right. Almost feels as though the devs are trying to punish people for playing correctly since good timing swings routinely turn into popups and weak grounders. Anybody found a way to fix this mess through sliders? Also, why was an update necessary this late into the game's lifespan? Or does SDS just pull this stuff now as some sick joke?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #2
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

My hitting didn’t change after this update. Same as it was before which i would expect since the patch only addressed a head to head freeze and a stealing exploit.

I play on default legend across the board except for pitch speed sliders maxed out

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

Last edited by countryboy; 11-06-2018 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 05:55 PM   #3
Rookie

phantomblackgoat's Arena

Re: New update has broken hitting once again

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
My hitting didn’t change after this update. Same as it was before which i would expect since the patch only addressed a head to head freeze and a stealing exploit.

I play on default legend across the board except for pitch speed sliders maxed out

Be glad it hasn't been affected. I've been playing my franchise over the past couple days and EVERY game has been decided based on nothing but bloop singles and infield hits. Think I could count the number of extra base hits by both teams on one hand at this point. Not to mention swinging at anything with good timing is essentially a death sentence now.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Gotta be some other problem than the patch, my hitting performance hasn't changed but then, I play on dynamic difficulty.

A Work in Progress
Old 11-06-2018, 06:09 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomblackgoat
Be glad it hasn't been affected. I've been playing my franchise over the past couple days and EVERY game has been decided based on nothing but bloop singles and infield hits. Think I could count the number of extra base hits by both teams on one hand at this point. Not to mention swinging at anything with good timing is essentially a death sentence now.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2018, 06:40 PM   #6
Rookie

Ace2734's Arena

I usually don’t respond to patch-hitting threads but I literally just finished a game where the pirates rallied against me with 4 straight bloop hits. I get that it happens, but 2 of the pitches were out of the strike zone and yet Luplow and Frazier blooped game tying and winning singles and doubles.

Offensively, my good timing was getting me nowhere. I also get that that happens as well. But I had to respond to this thread cause getting a notification for it in the middle of such a game felt fateful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #7
Rookie

phantomblackgoat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734
I usually don’t respond to patch-hitting threads but I literally just finished a game where the pirates rallied against me with 4 straight bloop hits. I get that it happens, but 2 of the pitches were out of the strike zone and yet Luplow and Frazier blooped game tying and winning singles and doubles.

Offensively, my good timing was getting me nowhere. I also get that that happens as well. But I had to respond to this thread cause getting a notification for it in the middle of such a game felt fateful.

That's been me ever since the patch dropped. I've had better luck swinging at things on the corners and sometimes even out of the strike zone than things that were basically Home Run Derby pitches.
Old 11-07-2018, 08:24 PM   #8
Rookie

phantomblackgoat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2734

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game

Tried that and so far the game still plays like garbage. I'm starting to think SDS enjoys making unnecessary changes that ruin the playability of their games. Starting to remind me of EA in a way, which is never a good thing. Either that or one of their developers is just really not good at their job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »