Home

How does anyone win in this game

This is a discussion on How does anyone win in this game within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2018, 08:46 AM   #1
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
How does anyone win in this game

I have tried every single slider set in this forum. It just seems that as soon as you get down by 10 points the user cannot buy a shot and the CPU hits everything. I go to the hole and miss a lay up. I miss wide open jumpers. I give up continuous offensive rebounds. Pretty soon it is a 25 point game and a blowout. It doesn't seem to matter even the team I play with. I get so darn frustrated that I just quit the game. I can't enjoy the game as it seems the CPU continuously gets ridiculous crap to go in and I for the life of me cant buy a shot. The only way i can win is to get out to an early lead and hold on for dear life. As soon as it is even 15-5 in the beginning its over. Not once have I overcome a 10 point deficit. The computer just goes in to straight stupid mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2018, 08:57 AM   #2
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How does anyone win in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
I have tried every single slider set in this forum. It just seems that as soon as you get down by 10 points the user cannot buy a shot and the CPU hits everything. I go to the hole and miss a lay up. I miss wide open jumpers. I give up continuous offensive rebounds. Pretty soon it is a 25 point game and a blowout. It doesn't seem to matter even the team I play with. I get so darn frustrated that I just quit the game. I can't enjoy the game as it seems the CPU continuously gets ridiculous crap to go in and I for the life of me cant buy a shot. The only way i can win is to get out to an early lead and hold on for dear life. As soon as it is even 15-5 in the beginning its over. Not once have I overcome a 10 point deficit. The computer just goes in to straight stupid mode
What difficulty are you playing on? Do you play sim ball? When they score 2-3 baskets unanswered do you call a time out, make adjustments and draw up a play you've practiced and know well for your possession out of the time out?

Do you make your own coaching adjustments or do you use ACE?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-08-2018, 12:40 PM   #3
Rookie

Gogi76's Arena

I've seen all that written by OP. Absolutely know what he is talking about.

Altough i did manage to win some games with Tomba's sliders, with All star league settings. But, the frustration about mentioned problems did occur. And yes, the game does expect you to use your head a lot. As some of the players mentioned, you must forget the habits from past 2K games. I still didn't, too...
Old 11-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #4
Rookie

I too can relate to the OP. Since this apparently is the year Armor isn’t doing 2k sliders I had to do some searching. I tried Barnsey’s set n the game played just as the OP stated. Absolutely no way to win. Even against less talented teams.

I’m actually liking barnsey’s set because it forces you to really try to play good defense and run plays on offense.
Old 11-08-2018, 08:43 PM   #5
Rookie

Man I feel you. The AI in this year's game is no joke. I've been playing every 2k since 2k15 on HOF and I probably had a win ratio of 55% or thereabouts, wins were extremely gratifying and losses happened because I played poorly or was outmatched.

This year I've gone from HOF all the way down to Pro just so I can actually have some fun and enjoyment from the experience. I had to swallow my pride going that far down the difficulty ladder so either I'm being exposed by AI playing smarter than ever or there's serious balancing issues.

I'm really enjoying a MyLeague save I have going with the Cavs now using Schnaidt1's sliders on Pro difficulty, I lose more than win but it feels right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 04:28 AM   #6
Rookie

Gotta make adjustments, and run plays this year. Call timeouts.

I win a lot of my games that way.

If I don't adjust, the CPU will kill me.

Trust me.

Adjust your settings for a good 5 minutes before every game

I played the Cavs with the Jazz and blew them out.

Played the Warriors with the Jazz without adjusting my settings and they blew me out by 23
Old 11-13-2018, 11:10 PM   #7
Rookie

Use Pokes sliders and go to YouTube and look up defensive settings for 2k19. Then learn how to run freelances and this game plays like a dream.
Old 11-14-2018, 05:45 PM   #8
MVP

The only way to win on a high level is to call timeouts..a lot of timeouts and make sure to use your head and adjustments...timeouts is the secret to reset ur ace system adjustments...

Sent from my Infinix HOT 4 Lite using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »