Home

What happened to the playoff Celebrations?

This is a discussion on What happened to the playoff Celebrations? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

OVR: 0
What happened to the playoff Celebrations?

Madden 12, 13, 25, 15 etc and so on as far I remember, if you won the AFC/NFC Championship, there was an actual celebration sequence. You’d see your coach and players on the podium holding up the respective Conference Championship trophies, yet on 19... nothing? I can’t for the life of me understand how EA can claim to have worked on the presentation side of things when something as fudemental as this has actually been removed from the game. Like whoever’s idea it was to remove it should be fired. They literally just run off the field like the have just won a preseason match. You might hear the commentators mention something like “and now they will progress onto the super bowl”. Buts that’s the extent of it.

Anybody else noticed this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #2
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

Re: What happened to the playoff Celebrations?

One of my biggest pet peeves about Franchise mode is how truly insignificant the Playoffs feel in the game. Each round of the Playoffs there should be more and more additional things for each game. Better presentation should happen. In the Super Bowl there should be an extra Pregame show that sets the game up and it should FEEL like a different game. Outside of a few commentator lines, some slightly changed graphics and a short as hell post game cutscene there's nothing that differentiates the Super Bowl from a Preseason game.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: What happened to the playoff Celebrations?

Yeah I’d definitely welcome a revamped playoff atmosphere. I know that they can’t have dynamic attendance because owners with poor attendance got salty about that represented in game...but I feel like they could at least make playoff game atmospheres way more intense or something. I’ve been to a playoff game before and it gets deafeningly loud when the visiting team is on offense. Qb and oline will have occasional miscommunication, players hearing the wrong play call occasionally would at least be a nice addition. Instead in Madden the home crowd just behaves the same generic way as week 1 or the preseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »