Home

The Lob pass from User to User is Over Powered

This is a discussion on The Lob pass from User to User is Over Powered within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
The Lob pass from User to User is Over Powered

Yet another issue of What is Over powered today in 2k19.

Let's address the Lob pass. If the person throwing the lob has that lob badge on silver or higher(especially gold to hof). its a wrap. especially if they have a teammate that also has a gold or hof lob city finisher badge. It's over with. There is nothing you can do to stop it that is a legal realistic defensive play.

If you jump prior to the lob being thrown and you're close to the passer because you already seen the guy throw 3 or 4. so you know its coming. it still wont tip the pass, or bat it down, nor still it using the jump button nor the steal button. its success rate is like 80% or higher. The 20% is if you have a defensive/rim protector badge and you go under the rim. the animation may cause a missed blown dunk. which is actually not realistic either. no one is scaring a way a lob by standing underneath the rim where you can't challenge the play.

I've played a few games these past few days and these teams get real worried when i get with a good group of random defenders that know what they're doing and dont watch the 3's or easy slashing plays. so they resort to the cheese/exploit abusing lob toss ups, play after play after play. i dealt with one guy that threw like 10 of those things before the first half. 8 of them were successful. and either I or a teammate or both were jumping/reaching in the passing lanes. no tips, no steals, nothing. that ball goes right thru your hand/arms.I went ahead and quit the game. thats my new motto. no longer do i stay around for the cheese fest. if its one too many exploit abusing plays thats killing the fun, even if i'm winning or only down by a couple. i'm out.I dont care about being banned for 15 mins or 60 mins. Fix your game 2k.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2018, 02:04 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: The Lob pass from User to User is Over Powered

Dude, really?

The decline of athleticism is already pretty pathetic in this game. I have a playmaking slasher with Gold posterizer and he will rim out about 1 or 2 contact dunks a game in career. You're telling me he gets the elevation to dunk but there's a magic barrier that makes the dunk just fly out of the gym?

Then there's times in career where i throw oops to Drummond or Griffin and they just rim out. Or the cpu will jump from behind or through the offensive player and smack the pass.

Athleticism needs a bump, and a good one. Not a nerf.

You guys complaining about contact dunks in the paint is the reason every big plays like Dirk in the paint.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:37 PM   #3
Rookie

lol everything is overpowered in 2k smh. Shooters shoot too good, defenders play defense too good, playmakers dribble and pass too good, and now dunkers dunk too good what shall we do?
Old 11-13-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
Pro

Considering it’s about the only way to reliably score inside, I hope they don’t touch it unless they’re fixing the litany of issues with success/animations in the restricted area.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:35 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Dude, really?

The decline of athleticism is already pretty pathetic in this game. I have a playmaking slasher with Gold posterizer and he will rim out about 1 or 2 contact dunks a game in career. You're telling me he gets the elevation to dunk but there's a magic barrier that makes the dunk just fly out of the gym?

Then there's times in career where i throw oops to Drummond or Griffin and they just rim out. Or the cpu will jump from behind or through the offensive player and smack the pass.

Athleticism needs a bump, and a good one. Not a nerf.

You guys complaining about contact dunks in the paint is the reason every big plays like Dirk in the paint.
read what i said and notice i was specific about what i wanted. no where did i advocate for nerfing athleticism. It's not that the jumper is jumping super high and the ball is going to high for the defender. yes that happens every now and then too. which is realistic. i dont have an issue with that.

my problem is that the lob pass is more or less unstoppable user vs user. period. ANd it doesnt matter if your in the passing lane or not. It's going to sore THRU your hand/arm. not over. THRU. that is not realistic and it negates a smart defenders smarts and timing. all i ask for is make the ball live when its a lob pass. meaning if i time it right. let me tip it and change the balls trajectory. let me jump and bat it down if i hold the RT while hitting Y to jump. if i tap the steal button at the right time. let me tip it to myself or snatch it out of the sky (this should rarely happen most lobs are tipped not snatched out of the sky.) and when its tipped do not give it back to the offensive team. make it a live ball where anyone has a chance to grab it and go.

You guys have been playing 2k and dealing with their devs or producers Nerf or OP, nerf or OP way of doing things. I'm not asking for that. I dont want the athleticism to be nerfed. I dont want lob passes in general to be nerfed. I want the ball to be live. this is realistic approach. not a nerf approach or an OP approach.

I dont want cpu steals when a user is controller the player. that is the worst thing on earth if you ask me. if i'm playing a human i want to ...play a human.

Do you understand my point?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2018, 06:40 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
lol everything is overpowered in 2k smh. Shooters shoot too good, defenders play defense too good, playmakers dribble and pass too good, and now dunkers dunk too good what shall we do?
dunkers dont dunk to good. because post players are nerfed in the paint. you only get that boost when your slashing towards the paint. smaller guys have a much higher posterizer rate than even post scoring/athletic bigs. even though those big guy builds have a much higher standing dunk rating. doesnt matter. because they nerfed or messed up standing dunks/layups.

Shooters are SUPER OP. this aint a cartoon. this is a game i get it. but it is said to attempt to simulate the real thing. and I'm saying its doing a very poor job of that. because all it is now is is a giant OP fest vs a NERFED fest. there is no middle ground. there is little realism with that approach. and thats obviously the approach that 2k took on purpose.

i dont want shooters to be nerfed. I just need for shooters to have to actually be skilled to hit like they are now. right now it takes little skill to wet it up and drop 70% from the 3pt line with the right animation on your shot.it takes no skill to build a slasher/shot creator and just throw him lob after lob after lob and he might miss 2 lob dunks all game no matter where the defense is positioned. something is wrong with that if you are looking for realism of some sort. if you dont care and you like the cartoon stuff then thats fine too.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:55 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
Rebounders rebound too good.
Guards run too fast
Bigs run too slow
The referees run too slow.
Shooters can make layups
Bigmen can dunk
Old 11-13-2018, 08:51 PM   #8
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
read what i said and notice i was specific about what i wanted. no where did i advocate for nerfing athleticism. It's not that the jumper is jumping super high and the ball is going to high for the defender. yes that happens every now and then too. which is realistic. i dont have an issue with that.

my problem is that the lob pass is more or less unstoppable user vs user. period. ANd it doesnt matter if your in the passing lane or not. It's going to sore THRU your hand/arm. not over. THRU. that is not realistic and it negates a smart defenders smarts and timing. all i ask for is make the ball live when its a lob pass. meaning if i time it right. let me tip it and change the balls trajectory. let me jump and bat it down if i hold the RT while hitting Y to jump. if i tap the steal button at the right time. let me tip it to myself or snatch it out of the sky (this should rarely happen most lobs are tipped not snatched out of the sky.) and when its tipped do not give it back to the offensive team. make it a live ball where anyone has a chance to grab it and go.

You guys have been playing 2k and dealing with their devs or producers Nerf or OP, nerf or OP way of doing things. I'm not asking for that. I dont want the athleticism to be nerfed. I dont want lob passes in general to be nerfed. I want the ball to be live. this is realistic approach. not a nerf approach or an OP approach.

I dont want cpu steals when a user is controller the player. that is the worst thing on earth if you ask me. if i'm playing a human i want to ...play a human.

Do you understand my point?
No, because you're extremely contradictory.

Question: is the player you're controlling a defender/Athletic player? Because IMO you're talking about tipping an alley oop, which would require you to tip at the apex of the pass or before it reaches the offensive player receiving the pass. This means you'd have to be controlling a player with either a better vertical, or a high rating than the guy catching the pass.

In my opinion, the passes on oops have had very low trajectories for years now. An oop is SUPPOSED to have enough loft to go over the defender, enabling the offensive player to catch the ball without much resistance.

Since the ball already has a low trajectory, and I'm assuming you're NOT using someone that can jump out of the gym AND steal the ball at a high rate, i believe you're talking out of your ***, sir.

I'm thinking of Semi-Pro right now when they "invented" the alley oop. Lmfao they couldn't stop it at all.

A well timed alley oop with a good passer and good finisher SHOULD be the most unstoppable play in the game.

No, sir.. You are wrong.

How many tipped oop passes do Deandre Jordan, and Andre Drummond have for their CAREER let alone in a game/season?

I'd wager less than 3 each.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »