Home

Sick of it...

This is a discussion on Sick of it... within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Sick of it...

I am so done with beating the loving ****ing **** out of people for 3 rounds and having them submit me when I have significant stamina AND grapple advantage...

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Sick of it...

All of a sudden they made a slight buff to submissions and everyone that quits out as soon as you submit them and messages saying it's boring to fight you come out as submission experts...

Old 11-13-2018, 09:25 PM   #3
MVP

I would say this is definitely user error. I don't get subbed by guys like Ferguson in two gaters with a lower stamina pool.

Your technique is likely all wrong from escaping and GA has nothing to do with the effectiveness of submissions, only how fast you can initiate the minigame.

All four directions, never use the same pattern twice, always start off holding a different direction in the beginning (either L,U,D, never R because most people hold that direction first). You should be going in these four directions like a madman. Hold for about 3/5ths of a second and then move on. You want your lowest direction to be your priority in lifting, so sneak in more directions on that one. Always plan on escaping the submission around the third gate. If you get there earlier, let them take the gate and escape on the next one. You will have a better ending position (and slam them if you're in a guard sub and your character has it).

On two gaters, use the four directions anyway for the first gate and the beginning of the second while gradually (and quickly) moving to three, and eventually two directions. Whatever your lowest directions are should be progressively abandoned on that last gate.
Old 11-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetractedMonkey
I would say this is definitely user error. I don't get subbed by guys like Ferguson in two gaters with a lower stamina pool.

Your technique is likely all wrong from escaping and GA has nothing to do with the effectiveness of submissions, only how fast you can initiate the minigame.

All four directions, never use the same pattern twice, always start off holding a different direction in the beginning (either L,U,D, never R because most people hold that direction first). You should be going in these four directions like a madman. Hold for about 3/5ths of a second and then move on. You want your lowest direction to be your priority in lifting, so sneak in more directions on that one. Always plan on escaping the submission around the third gate. If you get there earlier, let them take the gate and escape on the next one. You will have a better ending position (and slam them if you're in a guard sub and your character has it).

On two gaters, use the four directions anyway for the first gate and the beginning of the second while gradually (and quickly) moving to three, and eventually two directions. Whatever your lowest directions are should be progressively abandoned on that last gate.

I def try to do these things and more... It just seems most times when I attempt submissions the opponents gates are flying when they have less than a quarter bar of long term stamina, I've rocked them several times, have almost full stamina at this point but when I'm placed in one in the same conditions the gates are crawling...

Old 11-13-2018, 11:29 PM   #5
Rookie

You make it sound like this is happening all the time. My only question is, what game mode are you playing in which you run into all these submission experts? I find the game a bit dull since I encounter maybe one person who is competent with subs maybe 1 in every 10 fights.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2018, 09:59 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHazCode
You make it sound like this is happening all the time. My only question is, what game mode are you playing in which you run into all these submission experts? I find the game a bit dull since I encounter maybe one person who is competent with subs maybe 1 in every 10 fights.

Its happened enough recently to provoke a stupid, aggressive post about it lol.. But seriously since they made these changes, the same people that would quit out when I submit them since launch and telling me I have no skill are coming out of nowhere dropping desperation submissions on me when I have almost full stamina and I've beaten their body and legs into oblivion and my gates are crawling but when I had them in one a minute before their gates were blazing fast.. Idk

Old 11-14-2018, 03:12 PM   #7
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

It's avoidable, but the way transitioning & subs work needs some attention. It shouldn't really take a denied pass to drain you and put you at greater risk of a sub like it does. But a lot of other things around this system would need to be reworked, so here's hoping for a better sub and grappling system next game.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #8
Pro

The only time I've ever been submitted was when I gave up cause someone was denying every transition and transition fake the millisecond I would try it. It is pretty easy to get out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »