Home

Why is My Career so difficult?

This is a discussion on Why is My Career so difficult? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2018, 06:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Why is My Career so difficult?

I struggle on pro the cpu just makes every shot and bricks yours even if you're wide open and timed the shot perfectly, It's a scripted game I'm 90 overall SG 6'5 shot creating sharp hof mid range deadeye hof difficult shots gold catch and shoot but the trash game still makes sure you brick wide open shots while they make everything .

It's only happened since I became a starter before that I was dropping around 30 a game with the Raptors and we were blowing teams out, now all of a sudden I start and every damn team plays like the Warriors on drugs?

I was thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling with no patches because I swear all they do with these patches is bump the difficulty to an unenjoyable level.

Last edited by SportingCP; 11-23-2018 at 06:06 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
Banned

Re: Why is My Career so difficult?

That is definitely bizarre, I have the same build type with gold mid range and difficult shot etc... When I became a starter nothing changed.

Have you changed your jumpshot?

One issue I have with your post is if you timed your shot perfectly the meter turns green and the shot will go in everytime, unless you are behind the backboard. Are you getting greens and missing?

Last edited by BikerScott; 11-23-2018 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-23-2018, 11:28 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerScott
That is definitely bizarre, I have the same build type with gold mid range and difficult shot etc... When I became a starter nothing changed.

Have you changed your jumpshot?
Yeah I think patch 6 messed my jumper up. Also Nike pulled out my shoe deal because I asked for too much vc but there's no option to sign with another brand, so is that it I have to wear 2k generics now for the rest of my career? I swear this game takes itself too seriously there's no fun factor just a boring, difficult scripted grind
Old 11-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #4
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportingCP
Yeah I think patch 6 messed my jumper up. Also Nike pulled out my shoe deal because I asked for too much vc but there's no option to sign with another brand, so is that it I have to wear 2k generics now for the rest of my career? I swear this game takes itself too seriously there's no fun factor just a boring, difficult scripted grind
Luckily there are plenty of jumpers to pick from.

Don't worry about the shoe deal. They will come back and renegotiate in a short amount of time.

Also, I modded my response above. Are you missing on green shots?
Old 11-23-2018, 11:33 AM   #5
Rookie

Career doesn't really get difficult until SS or HOF. I put up 140 points 12 min quarters on pro difficulty just working on badges. If you have a shooting build and work on your shot timing and badges it should get very easy on PRO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2018, 11:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerScott
Luckily there are plenty of jumpers to pick from.

Don't worry about the shoe deal. They will come back and renegotiate in a short amount of time.

Also, I modded my response above. Are you missing on green shots?
No I make all my green jumpers but sometimes I feel like I timed my release perfectly and still don't get a green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
Career doesn't really get difficult until SS or HOF. I put up 140 points 12 min quarters on pro difficulty just working on badges. If you have a shooting build and work on your shot timing and badges it should get very easy on PRO.
Maybe it's me then i just tried 12 min quarters and got 59 on 35 percent FG shooting , I think I need more patience with the game but it's so difficult and frustrating
Old 11-24-2018, 05:36 AM   #7
Banned

51shergie's Arena

Once you drop that real money and get your player up around 75 it gets easier....but if and only if you drop that one-time fee of $20-$25. Then you grind. Was not fun at all til I did that

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-24-2018, 08:57 AM   #8

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Some things to be careful about that was programmed into the game is don't abuse turbo. They said they changed it where once you hit turbo the cpu gets this unnatural boost to keep up with you and kinda sticks to you like glue. If you leave the CPU open they hit most of those shots. Your punished more this year for not getting green releases. Now these are more prevelant on ss and Hof. But it's still there on lower levels. I will say my guy okays for the Raptors as well. When I first became a starter we went through a tough stretch losing alot of games and fell below .500. Kawhi was hurt as well. I've adjusted my play a little and we have won 3 straight to go 1 game above .500. I actually enjoyed the difficulty of losing and figuring out how to get my team back on track. I play on ss.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »