Home

CPU ball security/tangibility

This is a discussion on CPU ball security/tangibility within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2018, 12:53 PM   #1
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
CPU ball security/tangibility

So before I made this thread, i'd been testing this out for a little while now. Played around with the ball security slider and used elite defenders against the CPU. When the CPU has the ball, it's like it becomes not tangible anymore. It can dribble crazy in crowds, drive into crowds while bouncing the ball right up on defenders, get cut off tons of times by elite defenders and its like watching ping pong. They just bump their way inside and rarely will ever loose the ball. Its nothing like the users ball tangibility cuz if the user does these very same things, a bump steal or pick up dribble is guaranteed to happen. Something needs to be done about this. The CPU's ball should be just as tangible as the user's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: CPU ball security/tangibility

Yeah the 2nd biggest issue IMO in NBA 2K19.

This isn't just for dribbling either, this goes for passing and on some shots too.

It's like 2K put a protective circle around the CPU.

I put CPU ball control to 30.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:32 PM   #3
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Agreed...it's like you and the CPU are playing basketball with 2 different sets of rules

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #4
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

I've been using CPU Ball Security at 0 and Hum at 100 for a few weeks now, and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've really started to get frustrated with my players dribbling the ball off other players feet/legs/torsos/etc. They have zero spatial awareness it seems, but yet the CPU doesn't do this anywhere near as often.

I've been trying to do something like increasing the HUM Ball Handling, but that has the effect of making poor ball handlers much too good.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #5
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
Yeah the 2nd biggest issue IMO in NBA 2K19.

This isn't just for dribbling either, this goes for passing and on some shots too.

It's like 2K put a protective circle around the CPU.

I put CPU ball control to 30.
I put it to 0 just to test it out and see if the CPU would loose the ball easier and even then it wouldn't loose the ball. It's crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2018, 05:55 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 19

I like the ball tangibility, but like you stated this should be equal between user and AI/CPU.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #7
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I play career with a 74 steal rating and silver pick pocket and had 12 steals in a game a couple days ago.

I think the next game i had 5 fouls in the 3rd trying to do the same thing.

You can time it perfectly, have the rating and the badges, what dictates your success is who you're guarding and if they're hot or not.

Most of those steals came when the ball handler was already cold. I wasn't in takeover, but i read that even when you're not in takeover how you've been playing will give you a boost without it. I have an 81 ball control with my playmaking slasher. In order to speed boost you have to have an 86. Sometimes when I'm not in takeover i can still speed boost. This leads me to believe there are stats they boost and not tell us.

I can't remember who they're point guard was, but he had to have like 9 turn overs.. Even when he wasn't "cold" i was still picking his pocket.

All I'm saying is i average over 3 spg in career. Won defensive player of the year because of it.

Best times to get steals are when the ball handler is switching hands, on pick and rolls if they want you to switch from off ball to the ball handler you can jump the screen and poke it away from the ball handler before he drives, when the cpu is trying to dribble hand off your can double team and try and poke it out, or if you're playing defense on the wing and the ball handler is trying to drive the paint from the middle of the key, you can slide over and swipe if the ball is on your side of the court.

The way to get steals is to have early success and keep pressing the ball handler. If you get in early foul trouble, back off until the second half. Give yourself a few fouls to burn and just play good defense.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #8
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

^ I get steals sometimes just playing good defense...that's not what we are talking about though. What we're talking about is the ball's tangibility based on the physics. Like for example, if the user were to dribble crazy in a crowd, or be dribbling too close to a defender and the ball dribbles on the defender, the user would loose the ball. CPU does that and all of a sudden the ball isn't tagible anymore. The CPU's ball tangibility is nothing like the user's. I'd even say its almost non existent.

Last edited by WarMMA; 11-24-2018 at 08:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »