Home

Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

This is a discussion on Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

I hate I gotta be the one to say it but.. I don't understand all the complaints about sharps... So after hearing about how OP they are I made one and grinded my 6'8 SG sharp to 90 ovr to see how OP they are.

Dude sharps are slow as hell, cant handle the ball, and if you dont time your release correctly you will still brick every single shot.. I have all my badges maxed and im starting to get better with it now but only if I play with certain lineups or friends of mine that I've played with for years.

I didn't think shooting was skill based until I actually made a sharp and I found out you still have to time your shot AND take good shots. I thought I was gonna come in greening everything and it doesnt work that way.

IF you nerf sharps what use will the build have at all? Ive literally seen EVERY archetype hit 3s, I just played a glass cleaner last night who grabbed a board shot a corner three and made it and that was his ONLY jumpshot all game.. So if all builds can hit the three why nerf the one build that is MADE for only shooting 3s.. Doesnt make sense.

But anyways I just wanna know who are the pure shooters on this forum, maybe im just not good and I want to find out how to be OP. Can you post your sharpshooter build, 3pt% and PPG in Rec/Park please? Maybe screenshot or some clips?

I see alot of complaining about shooters so maybe if some guys post some actual evidence of how easy it is (your OWN clips not some highlights on youtube) maybe they will actually change it one day?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 05:46 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

There has been plenty of evidence posted here on this board in countless threads on this very issue.

Just because YOU don't feel that way, it's now OUR burden to change it?

Could have searched "sharpshooter" and pulled up 25 threads THIS MONTH.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:05 PM   #3
Pro

Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
There has been plenty of evidence posted here on this board in countless threads on this very issue.

Just because YOU don't feel that way, it's now OUR burden to change it?

Could have searched "sharpshooter" and pulled up 25 threads THIS MONTH.
exactly. i have friends with sharps that cant shoot to save their lives. but we all know its an OP build. those friends of mine are also not on youtube researching which shot animation to choose to get the most greens or makes. but these OP shooters are. and for the record. speed means nothing when it comes to shooting. since all you have to do online is zig zag, left to right, and the defender will be delayed and off by 2 steps. stretch bigs that dont want you to lock them up will start using the walking animation glitch, where you as a defender can't get the hold animation to stop them from going to one side of your choice. they will start slow walking side to side, which keeps you from attaching to them. so now they can go either way again. right to left, right to left. SPLASH. because sharps straighten up too quickly. the get their balance way to fast.

shot creators should get their balance rather quickly. but sharps not so. because that aint real for 99.9% of most nba sharps. there's a reason why most of them need to be wide open for an extended period of time to get their balance, catch, then shoot.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
Banned

You dont really know how to use a sharp then. Do you have all badges maxed out??

I can tell your one of those people that have a win loss record of not even .300 and you wanna talk about how sharps arent OP. You just dont know how to properly utilize one.
Old 11-28-2018, 06:42 PM   #5
Pro

I posted this a month or so after release just looking at the Sharps I could find in my neighbourhood.

Some of them aren’t even Pures. Finding Pure Sharps that shoot over 60% is easy as hell. Even finding ones that shoot over 70 isn’t that difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 08:32 PM   #6
MVP

ph33's Arena

If you have multiple players, do those stats show your percentage for that one player or for all of them when it comes to park/JRC?

Also---yeah, I've seen some really bad pure sharps. But the ones who got what I call, "2k IQ" can completely break the game. You will know when you face one and it doesn't resemble real basketball.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:47 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
If you have multiple players, do those stats show your percentage for that one player or for all of them when it comes to park/JRC?

Also---yeah, I've seen some really bad pure sharps. But the ones who got what I call, "2k IQ" can completely break the game. You will know when you face one and it doesn't resemble real basketball.
Shows all your characters compiled I think.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:26 AM   #8
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

It looks like your not very skilled with the build, almost like you never played a shooter before in 2k? So that does not verify the argument.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »