Home

Competitive AM Sliders

This is a discussion on Competitive AM Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Competitive AM Sliders

So I posted a set of sliders last year and decided to give it a shot again this year. I am without a doubt a SIM Madden player and will always look for realistic games and results. I want to see this game replicate what I’ve seen played out on Sundays as well as what I’ve seen play out in my time as a player and now a coach. With that being said here is how I play.

My theory is that EA focuses most of it’s time on the competitive game mode. Simulation is grossly broken and the only thing that works properly in the mode is the fatigue setting and substitutions. If you look at the description of Competitive it says, “less random events occur”. This to me means ratings and RPM is what shines the most. With a few minor tweaks this game plays very realistic on Competitive mode. I will go over the important settings

Skill Level- AM
Game Speed- Very Slow
Game Style- Competitive
Player Progression- Weekly
Quarter Length- 12 Minutes
Accelerated Clock- On
Play Clock- 20
Play Call Style- Enhanced
On Field Visuals- All Off
Gameplay Helpers- All Off/ Special Moves- Manual

Auto Subs
Out/In
QB- 0/1
RB- 90/92
WR- 90/92
TE- 40/42
OL- 0/1
DT- 95/97
DE- 95/97
LB- 91/93
CB- 78/80
S- 78/80

XP Sliders- Default

Gameplay Sliders- Default except for INT. Set at 30 for HUM/CPU

Special Team Sliders
FGP- 45
FGA- 35
PTP- 42
PTA- 42
KOP- 45

Game Options
INJ- 10
FTG- 100
SPD- 77

Penalties
OFF- 56
FST- 55
HOL- 73
DHOL- 72
FMK- 66
DPI- 74
OPI- ON
KCI- ON
BIB- 48
IG- ON
RTP- 51
RTK- ON
RIK- ON

This is how I’ve played thru 10+ games and the results have been amazing and have felt authentic. Not one game has felt the same. Mismatches have been exposed and nothing has felt OP. AI RB’s have played the best I’ve seen. RPM has looked real. AI QB’s have missed throws under pressure and taken shots downfield. Both pass defenses have been pretty good. This has been a good experience. I will post my recent boxscore below. Hopefully you guys try these, like them, and give good feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 10:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Competitive AM Sliders

IMG_0852.jpgIMG_0853.jpgIMG_0849.jpgIMG_0850.jpgIMG_0851.jpg

Old 12-02-2018, 10:42 AM   #3
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Nice seeing you again coach. I always felt competitive mode is the best well rounded mode available. Even though the sim mode players really down play the mode every yr. Let's be honest this is the mode the devs most likely spend their time on.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
Nice seeing you again coach. I always felt competitive mode is the best well rounded mode available. Even though the sim mode players really down play the mode every yr. Let's be honest this is the mode the devs most likely spend their time on.

The game is made to be played on COMP. I’ve conceded defeat lol.

Old 12-04-2018, 12:59 PM   #5
Rookie

Have you tired this same concept on normal speed ? If so what were the results?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasandrews25
Have you tired this same concept on normal speed ? If so what were the results?

I have and the results have been solid. I have gotten used to playing on Very Slow so that’s how I set up my sliders

Old 12-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #7
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBCoachP
I have and the results have been solid. I have gotten used to playing on Very Slow so that’s how I set up my sliders
I have tried this setup for the last 4-5 CFM games and I like the results for passing, but rushing is another thing. Whenever my QB hands the ball off to the HB, the HB slightly hesitates which throws off the whole running play. But I noticed this only happens on very slow or slow speed. When I put it on Normal, he doesn't do this. The same goes for any kickoff. ... Anyone else experiencing this???

By the way, this happens on any slider setup that I have. So I'm not just picking on your slider set.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:41 AM   #8
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz25
I have tried this setup for the last 4-5 CFM games and I like the results for passing, but rushing is another thing. Whenever my QB hands the ball off to the HB, the HB slightly hesitates which throws off the whole running play. But I noticed this only happens on very slow or slow speed. When I put it on Normal, he doesn't do this. The same goes for any kickoff. ... Anyone else experiencing this???

By the way, this happens on any slider setup that I have. So I'm not just picking on your slider set.
Not to jump in here, but that's an EA problem and havent fixed it yet. I would say its gotten better throughout the yr, but it's still there every now & then. Normal is the only speed that it doesnt

Playing:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »