Home

I was wondering how some people on TGCTours were shooting such absurdly low scores...

This is a discussion on I was wondering how some people on TGCTours were shooting such absurdly low scores... within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2018, 12:56 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
I was wondering how some people on TGCTours were shooting such absurdly low scores...

I consider myself a pretty good player. I play on Master Clubs and my handicap is low, in the single digits. The thing is, I'm seeing the leader boards for some of the tournaments at tgctours.com and I'm flabbergasted at how low the winners are shooting. Shooting even on some of these courses is next to impossible and you have people winning tournaments at - 56. The questions is, how are they shooting such low scores?

Well, I figured it out. These scores are based off of handicaps. These top players aren't really shooting - 50, they're shooting - 10 with a 40 stroke handicap.

Basically I'm creating this thread so people don't think they're so much worse than the top players. If your handicap is in single digits, you're one of the top players, however you're never gonna win a tournament because these guys have high handicaps and are shooting scores that are unbeatable because of it. If you want to play "good" players and not people on Tgctours.com who have absurdly high handicaps, you're better off looking for societies that have handicap limits. But if you want to compete on Tgctours.com on the pro circuit, you're gonna have to be strategic so your handicap remains high.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2018, 01:17 AM   #2
Banned

Re: I was wondering how some people on TGCTours were shooting such absurdly low score

Forget it. I just saw some video clips of the top guys and here's what I saw :

Drives with 60% power going 260 yards.
Drives with 85% power going 360 yards.

The top clubs in the game only go 310. These dudes are playing on computers and clearly doing some underhanded stuff.

Old 12-05-2018, 10:15 PM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: I was wondering how some people on TGCTours were shooting such absurdly low score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
These dudes are playing on computers and clearly doing some underhanded stuff.

Always. Everywhere. Every year. Every sports video game you can name. If guys can find a way to cheat it, they'll cheat it.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:06 PM   #4
Rookie

For TGCTours - there are no handicaps applied and there is an algorithm in place checking shot data for anomalies which pretty much eliminates straight shooting and some other exploits.

There may still be cheating going on, but the system is pretty solid.

The game with all assists on is just not that difficult after the spin patch that allows for drop and stop shots with anything from 8I down. Most of the top guys have been playing TGC for 4 years+, they know how the game plays by now...
Old 12-06-2018, 02:58 PM   #5
MVP

lowpaiddonkey10's Arena

I agree I suck and can still manage easy 3 under a side missing some vey makeable putts. Been playing TGC a bit over a year guys who know the game with a decent pair of hands can shoot lights out. Pretty game lots of great user created courses the game is a blast to play but it ain't all that hard to be somewhat decent at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 06:44 AM   #6
Pro

vertman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpaiddonkey10
I agree I suck and can still manage easy 3 under a side missing some vey makeable putts. Been playing TGC a bit over a year guys who know the game with a decent pair of hands can shoot lights out. Pretty game lots of great user created courses the game is a blast to play but it ain't all that hard to be somewhat decent at it.
The OP is talking about shooting -56 for a tourney. 72 holes at -56. AVG. -14 for 18 holes. that's a little different than shooting -3. Been playing for around 3 years now and am fairly decent but when I shoot -31 I am 70th out of 180 players. pretty crazy, I know people are good but that's insane. Then I read posts about guys using a straight edge to guide their mouse up and down to hit perfect straight shots and laugh. People actually go to those lengths to be good at the game.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:25 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertman
The OP is talking about shooting -56 for a tourney. 72 holes at -56. AVG. -14 for 18 holes. that's a little different than shooting -3. Been playing for around 3 years now and am fairly decent but when I shoot -31 I am 70th out of 180 players. pretty crazy, I know people are good but that's insane. Then I read posts about guys using a straight edge to guide their mouse up and down to hit perfect straight shots and laugh. People actually go to those lengths to be good at the game.
Precisely. Some of the scores are insane and these guys play on Master Clubs. This is my first year playing so obviously I don't have the exposure to the game like these guys do, but I shot my first under par score the other day on Masters Clubs Gold Tees, -4 for 18. I have NO idea how these dudes shoot -56 for a 4 round tournament, that's absurd!
Old 12-07-2018, 03:00 PM   #8

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
Precisely. Some of the scores are insane and these guys play on Master Clubs. This is my first year playing so obviously I don't have the exposure to the game like these guys do, but I shot my first under par score the other day on Masters Clubs Gold Tees, -4 for 18. I have NO idea how these dudes shoot -56 for a 4 round tournament, that's absurd!
TGCTours is great in theory but it's things like that that turned me off from it.

I just created my own society so I could play in my own little world and have fun.

It's a truly fun and rewarding game for me at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »