Home

EA Its in The Details

This is a discussion on EA Its in The Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2018, 07:22 PM   #1
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

OVR: 0
EA Its in The Details

I'm in my mid 30's and have been playing sports video games since my teens. I have been playing every Madden since EA stole exclusive rights to the NFL, which started with Madden 06'.

I play on a 65in mid - high end 4k HDR tv on my XBOX One X. I have a digital version of Madden NFL 19. I play on All-Pro, simulation, default sliders, default everything in Play Now game mode.

A lot of what I'm going to list has been in prior Maddens, NFL games from more than a decade ago, or should and can be in the game now! A lot of the things I'm listing may seem like "nitpicking" because they're such little things, but if they're such little things, then I'd like to know why it is so difficult to add these details. The excuse of the development cycle is too short is B.S. - expand your development team and/or get somebody with an eye for detail who cares like myself. Half the stuff I'm listing I noticed within the first day of playing Madden 19.

I'm making this post in hopes some EA developers can see this:

1. What happened to the pump up the crowd on defense? This was present for years including last year.
2. What's with the cartoony captain stars under the players? and why is there no option to disable this as there is an option to disable just about every other visual element.
3. Why do the receivers no longer move at the line of scrimmage? Last year they were lively and would point, scratch, adjust etc.
4. Upon booting the game, the intro video is of low quality, as is the video that plays when you hover over exhibition or the other options.
5. Why does the chain gang get in the way of the automatic replays several times a game?
6. Why is my coach shown pacing the sideline 20+ (literally) times per game when I should be looking at the field making adjustments?
7. What's with the player's names showing up in a bubble over their head during automatic replays, this gets in the way of the action!
8. When I set the weather to clear, why is it so cloudy, including black clouds, wtf!
9. Sideline players, enough said!
10. The weather effects (rain, snow) are dated and look out of place.
11. Many of the alternate uniforms are messed up, and I don't mean they're not accurate, I mean things like the Nike Swoosh literally on top of the teams logo and other bizarre defects.
12. Why do fans in the crowd all wear #0 jerseys? Who is # 0?
13. Why are we often forced with only Return Left on punts or no Return Middle on kickoff returns?
14. Why are players on IR playing on special teams?
15. I've never seen a regular season NFL game where fireworks are launched after every touchdown! WTF!
16. Why do receivers spin in circles after catching a screen pass?
17. Where is the Player of The Game?
18. Halftime show? What halftime show?
19. Postgame show? What postgame show?
20. Why does the RB in the backfield constantly twitch? Meth?
21. In prior Maddens when the QB was sacked for example, you could see the players helmet and head moving independently of each other as they bounced off the turf. Its now gone.
22. Physics and momentum have been talked about by EA since 2013, its almost 2019 and there is basically no physics/momentum at play here in Madden 19. It was better in prior years, but it has regressed significantly this year.
23. That poltergeist music playing in the stadium constantly.
24. Players and ball that warp and disappear in the back of the end zone through the crowd.
25. Automatic Replays that can't keep up with the ball on a deep pass.

I can keep writing, but I think my point is made. Just wanted to vent my disappointment with the game as the above ruin the immersion and enjoyment a lot. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of EA Tiburon.

Last edited by CaptainFear; 12-08-2018 at 10:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 07:30 PM   #2
MVP

Re: EA Its in The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFear
I have been playing every Madden since EA stole exclusive rights to the NFL, which started with Madden 06'.
Who did EA steal them from?
Old 12-08-2018, 07:31 PM   #3
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Who did EA steal them from?
Figure of speech
Old 12-08-2018, 07:54 PM   #4
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainFear
I'm in my mid 30's and have been playing sports video games since my teens. I have been playing every Madden since EA stole exclusive rights to the NFL, which started with Madden 06'.

I play on a 65in mid - high end 4k HDR tv on my XBOX One X. I have a digital version of Madden NFL 19. I play on All-Pro, simulation, default sliders, default everything in Play Now game mode.

A lot of what I'm going to list has been in prior Maddens, NFL games from more than a decade ago, or should and can be in the game now! A lot of the things I'm listing may seem like "nitpicking" because they're such little things, but if they're such little things, then I'd like to know why it is so difficult to add these details. The excuse of the development cycle is too short is B.S. - expand your development team and/or get somebody with an eye for detail who cares like myself. Half the stuff I'm listing I noticed within the first day of playing Madden 19.

I'm making this post in hopes some EA developers can see this:

1. What happened to the pump up the crowd on defense? This was present for years including last year.
2. What's with the cartoony captain stars under the players? and why is there no option to disable this as there is an option to disable just about every other visual element.
3. Why do the receivers no longer move at the line of scrimmage? Last year they were lively and would point, scratch, adjust etc.
4. Upon booting the game, the intro video is of low quality, as is the video that plays when you hover over exhibition or the other options.
5. Why does the chain gang get in the way of the automatic replays several times a game?
6. Why is my coach shown pacing the sideline 20+ (literally) times per game when I should be looking at the field making adjustments?
7. What's with the player's names showing up in a bubble over their head during automatic replays, this gets in the way of the action!
8. When I set the weather to clear, why is it so cloudy, including black clouds, wtf!
9. Sideline players, enough said!
10. The weather effects (rain, snow) are dated and look out of place.
11. Many of the alternate uniforms are messed up, and I don't mean they're not accurate, I mean things like the Nike Swoosh literally on top of the teams logo and other bizarre defects.
12. Why do fans in the crowd all wear #0 jerseys? Who is # 0?
13. Why are we often forced with only Return Left on punts?
14. Why are players on IR playing on special teams?
15. I've never seen a regular season NFL game where fireworks are launched after every touchdown! WTF!
16. Why do receivers spin in circles after catching a screen pass?
17. Where is the Player of The Game?
18. Halftime show? What halftime show?
19. Postgame show? What postgame show?
20. Why does the RB in the backfield constantly twitch? Meth?
21. In prior Maddens when the QB was sacked for example, you could see the players helmet and head moving independently of each other as they bounced off the turf. Its now gone.
22. Physics and momentum have been talked about by EA since 2013, its almost 2019 and there is basically no physics/momentum at play here in Madden 19. It was better in prior years, but it has regressed significantly this year.

I can keep writing, but I think my point is made. Just wanted to vent my disappointment with the game as the above ruin the immersion and enjoyment a lot. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of EA Tiburon.
All frustrations I've felt in my time playing. But, there's a lot of people on here that think if you criticize the game you're "ungrateful." As if we should be grateful that we pay 60 dollars for a product like this with all the issues you pointed out and more lmao. What a joke.
Like, it's fine if someone likes the game and enjoys it, and I'm glad for you, but to imply other people don't have the right to criticize the game and that they should just be grateful for what we have, I think that's ridiculous.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #5
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
All frustrations I've felt in my time playing. But, there's a lot of people on here that think if you criticize the game you're "ungrateful." As if we should be grateful that we pay 60 dollars for a product like this with all the issues you pointed out and more lmao. What a joke.
Like, it's fine if someone likes the game and enjoys it, and I'm glad for you, but to imply other people don't have the right to criticize the game and that they should just be grateful for what we have, I think that's ridiculous.
It's been said before and I'll say it again, whether it's in regards to graphics, presentation, or gameplay. The game suffers because there is no competition. It's a cash cow because there is no competition. Whether the developers are lazy, the publisher is cheap, or they're simply not capable, the game suffers because of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 08:44 PM   #6
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Maybe I'm different, but 90% of this stuff I don't care about. I also like the star's for the captain players.

I get how it can be frustrating if you like that sort of stuff though.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:47 PM   #7
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

The stagnate and even sometimes backwards progress on minor details is a killer. Madden has always struggled to generate character and charm, and this neglect has made it worse IMO. The game feels so desolate and bland sometimes.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #8
Banned

CaptainFear's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The stagnate and even sometimes backwards progress on minor details is a killer. Madden has always struggled to generate character and charm, and this neglect has made it worse IMO. The game feels so desolate and bland sometimes.
IMO if they were smart, they'd leave the game as is and devote the development cycle to fix the physics, sloppy graphical problems, and bring the presentation up to par with what a AAA title should have. Stop adding gimmicky things each year, and perfect what is here first.

EA will not have to worry about sales, as its the only NFL game around and they will sell millions of copies regardless.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »