Home

What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

This is a discussion on What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 01:24 AM   #1
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

For me personally, I love a good comeback route. Especially if you throw it right before they break and put some touch on it. The DB doesn't stand a chance. I also love post routes and skinny posts this year.

Routes I hate are out routes (except ones in the endzone), corner routes, hb angle/circle routes. I feel like it's pick city on those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 04:32 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

Funny enough I love the out, corners, and HB routes. It's funny seeing someone hating them because I've at times forced myself to not call them as I felt it was "cheesy" to call them as they can sometimes feel money.

― Plato
Old 12-11-2018, 10:02 AM   #3
Rookie

CoachLewis73's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
For me personally, I love a good comeback route. Especially if you throw it right before they break and put some touch on it. The DB doesn't stand a chance. I also love post routes and skinny posts this year.

Routes I hate are out routes (except ones in the endzone), corner routes, hb angle/circle routes. I feel like it's pick city on those.
I like throwing the comeback route as well!! Also like throwing the 10 yd dig route. I hate throwing screens, it used to be a staple in my attack and now they arent worth anything. Have had to many receivers freeze when catching the ball trying to get up in the seam.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:45 AM   #4
Rookie

Crossing routes run with various depths, comebacks and slants. Hate outs, corners and go routes. For some reason, there is every bit the chance the defender will undercut and pick off these routes as there is with the receiver getting good separation for a catch. They seem very risky.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:34 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngofny
Crossing routes run with various depths, comebacks and slants. Hate outs, corners and go routes. For some reason, there is every bit the chance the defender will undercut and pick off these routes as there is with the receiver getting good separation for a catch. They seem very risky.

I love throwing go routes especially vs cov 3 or cov 1 when I have a a height advantage. The type of animations you get with a gronkowski/golloday type are unreal when you user the play right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 12:35 PM   #6
MVP

Wheel routes are probably my favorite. They work as quick hitters, you can take easy yards if the D plays the flats aggressively, and without help over the top they are potential one play TDs. Plays that utilize them in conjunction with a switch release (usually paired with a post or dig) can really help against the match coverages.

C-routes are probably my last favorite. Not really complaining since they were OP last year and I got my fill, but they really are worthless this year.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:08 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13

Comebacks, 10 yard outs, Skinny Posts, Digs and a well-led Shallow Cross. I like throwing mostly timing-based routes and have the game tuned so that if I'm off, I'm screwed....

Last edited by edgevoice; 12-11-2018 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:09 PM   #8
Rookie

mnAD28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Wheel routes are probably my favorite. They work as quick hitters, you can take easy yards if the D plays the flats aggressively, and without help over the top they are potential one play TDs. Plays that utilize them in conjunction with a switch release (usually paired with a post or dig) can really help against the match coverages.

C-routes are probably my last favorite. Not really complaining since they were OP last year and I got my fill, but they really are worthless this year.
Agreed on both accounts. A wheel-route to Tarik Cohen when he is covered by a LB is pretty much a guaranteed TD if I can get enough time in the pocket.

I loved the C-routes in '17, but they are pretty awful in this years game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »