Home

NBA 2K19 Challenge Based Gameplay Sliders

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Challenge Based Gameplay Sliders within the NBA 2K Basketball Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2018, 09:47 AM   #1
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K19 Challenge Based Gameplay Sliders

https://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/up...8/06/NBA2K.jpg

Slider Set Name: 2K19 CBGP Sliders

Gamertag: criscod2007

Hi guys! I've been a fan of NBA 2k for as long as I can remember and I've mostly played using default difficulties ranging from All Star to Hall of Fame over the years. Now we all know there can be numerous cheese and buffs involved with the higher difficulty levels. I've had trouble giving into slider adjustments for years as I know that can be a never ending rabbit hole once you start tinkering here and there but I've found that it's really the only true way you can get a fair and balanced game... if you find the right slider set that is.

Now I'm a huge fan of what guys like Schnaidt1 have done with their slider sets and I appreciate all the time and hard work people have put into them. I mention Schnaidt1 specifically because I've used his slider set the most so far this year in my own MyLeague and I think his gameplay and MyLeague settings have made for one hell of a basketball experience. Now even though I've played 2K over the years I'm not a pro by any stretch of the imagination. I still have trouble with outside shooting, on ball defense, rebounding you name it but I am good enough to win some games if everything is on an even playing field. I have no problem losing at all. With that said, I've had some trouble with Schnaidt1's slider set to the point where I made some of my own tweaks and changes to better suit me.

Some of the issues I had revolved around CPU shooting, USER shooting, CPU rebounding, speed/movement of players and speed of the game in general. I mean some of the USER settings are giving me fits as well but not as much as some of the CPU figures. Even with Schnaidt1 using PRO difficulty as a base I was still having trouble putting together a complete game both offensively and defensively to the point where I would get extremely frustrated with the game. Like I said, I'm not a pro but both winning and losing should be fun and it just seemed like some of the settings where at a point where it didnt allow me any kind of chance to be competitive. So the very first time I made changes the game eventually became a bit too easy for me and that wasn't fun either. So after playing numerous games, I wanted to make a challenging slider set that would be a hybrid between what the PRO level can offer and what the Hall of Fame level can offer and I think I may have come up with something.

In my first attempt at adjusting some of his settings, I simply tried to address some of the concerns I was having and since then I've had some fair and challenging games. So I figured I'd share my settings with the community to see if this is a set others would want to try out as well. I'll post some box scores of recent games I've had below after I post the slider set but again I want to say that I appreciate all of the hard work Schnaidt1 and others have put into their slider sets and that I would not have even thought about trying to post my own slider set if it wasn't for him.

So this set uses HALL OF FAME as the base so I started from there and made my slider adjustments. I also use CelticLG's roster. This slider set is very much a work in progress so any feedback would be appreciated. I've only tried this set with CelticLG's roster and NOT 2k's default roster so I'm not sure how these will play using that one. Also I have not tried this slider set using any other difficulty other than HALL OF FAME as a base so I do not know how these will play on any lower level. So without further ado...

GAMEPLAY SLIDERS (Updated 1/31)

SETTINGS

Game Difficulty: Start on Hall of Fame (then download or manual enter set)

Quarter Length: 11 mins

Fatigue: On

Injuries: On

Game Speed: 60

Free Throw Difficulty: 85

CONTROLLER SETTINGS

Shot Timing: Shots Only

Free Throw Timing: Real Player %

Defensive Assist With Intense D: 15

Box out Assist Strength: 50

Pass Target Profile: Direction (along with the default figures that comes with this profile)

For this slider set: Number value is the same for both USER and CPU if there is only one number. Also sliders are listed as USER/CPU meaning first number is for the USER while the second number is for the CPU

OFFENSE

Inside Shot Success - 45/49
Close Shot Success - 45/49
Mid-Range Shot Success - 42/45
3PT Success - 42/45
Layup Success - 45/49
Dunk in Traffic Frequency - 65
Dunk in Traffic Success - 65
Pass Accuracy - 60
Alley-Oop Success - 65
Contact Shot Success - 58/58
Ball Security - 25
Body-Up Sensitivity - 48
Pass Speed - 60

DEFENSE

Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Layup Defense Strength (Takeoff) - 50/57
Layup Defense Strength (Release) -47/56
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Gather) - 44/53
Jump Shot Defense Strength (Release) - 42/50
Help Defense Strength - 70
Steal Success - 48

ATTRIBUTES

Acceleration - 55
Vertical – 20
Strength – 60
Stamina – 48
Speed – 55
Durability - 40
Hustle – 45
Ball Handling – 55
Hands – 25
Dunking Ability - 65
On-Ball Defense – 25
Stealing – 48
Blocking – 30
Offensive Awareness - 100
Defensive Awareness – 100
Offensive Rebounding - 35/38
Defensive Rebounding – 35/38
Offensive Consistency - 100
Defensive Consistency - 100
Fatigue Rate – 52
Lateral Quickness - 65

TENDENCIES

The following figures are for CPU only as these only affect them. For USER these will remain at default 50.

Take Inside Shots - 100
Take Close Shots - 100
Take Mid-Range Shots - 100
Take 3PT Shots - 100
Post Shots - 100
Attack the Basket - 100
Look for Post Players - 100
Throw Alley-Oops - 70

The following figures are for both USER and CPU.

Attempt Dunks - 65
Attempt Putbacks - 100
Play Passing Lanes - 25
Go for On-Ball Steals - 48
Contest Shots - 58
Backdoor Cuts - 70

FOULS

Over the Back Foul Frequency - 80
Charging Foul Frequency - 100
Blocking Foul Frequency - 100
Reaching Foul Frequency - 75
Shooting Foul Frequency - 100
Loose Ball Foul Frequency - 80

MOVEMENT

Speed with Ball (Max rating) - 90
Speed with Ball (Min rating) - 30
Acceleration with Ball (Max rating) - 90
Acceleration with Ball (Min rating) - 40
Speed without Ball (Max rating) - 90
Speed without Ball (Min rating) - 30
Acceleration without Ball (Max rating) - 90
Acceleration without Ball (Min rating) - 40

That's it guys! Hope you give these a try to see if they work for you. As promised there will be some screenshots below from my last two games (using the Lakers in my MyLeague) so you can check out the stats. There were a couple of close games with some back and forth between both me and the CPU and also blown double digit leads by both men and the CPU as well. I'm an attack the basket kind of player and I like getting to the free throw line. I also love running fast breaks as the speed of the game is really important to me.

20181215_094146.jpg20181215_094204.jpg20181215_094309.jpg20181215_094324.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by alston4659; 01-31-2019 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2018, 09:48 AM   #2
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Re: NBA 2K19 Challenge Based Gameplay Sliders

More screenshots this time from the players in the game...

20181215_094103.jpg20181215_094123.jpg20181215_094257.jpg20181215_094238.jpg

Old 12-15-2018, 01:17 PM   #3
Rookie

Just used these sliders in my league. I beat the Grizzlies 113-92. My FG% was 41 and the cpu FG% was 34. The sliders played great in my opinion. It wasn’t easy getting to the rim but it wasn’t hard enough that I couldn’t get to the rim. I’m using 2k sliders on Xbox one. Do you think that could make a difference ?
Old 12-15-2018, 08:02 PM   #4
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
Just used these sliders in my league. I beat the Grizzlies 113-92. My FG% was 41 and the cpu FG% was 34. The sliders played great in my opinion. It wasn’t easy getting to the rim but it wasn’t hard enough that I couldn’t get to the rim. I’m using 2k sliders on Xbox one. Do you think that could make a difference ?
The game speed, movement sliders, body up sensitivity and low on ball defense make it pretty easy to get to the rim no matter the system ps4 or xbox. If you want more of a challenge try upping the body up sensitivity by 5 and up on ball D a bit and that may help.

Old 12-26-2018, 10:43 PM   #5
Pro

iRepOklahoma's Arena

OVR: 8

These look promising... gonna test

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 01:19 PM   #6
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Recently made some slight changes to the set and made those edits on the OP and online for those who've downloaded the set. I'm starting to see a huge difference between playing really bad teams (Suns, Magic, etc...) with low team chemistry and good teams with very good team chemistry and that's leading to some very different kind of games. So adjustments had to be made. I'll post some screenshots later of some of my recent games but so far I'm pretty happy with the set.

Old 12-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #7
Rookie

If I want to lower the speed of the players what should I change in the set? I feel like the players move wat to fast. Just my personal opinion. What should I change?
Old 12-30-2018, 03:18 PM   #8
Rookie

alston4659's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elderjustin9833
If I want to lower the speed of the players what should I change in the set? I feel like the players move wat to fast. Just my personal opinion. What should I change?
Game speed should do it or you could move the movement settings back to default.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball Sliders »