Home

FIFA 19 Short Halves Quasi-Default Sliders

This is a discussion on FIFA 19 Short Halves Quasi-Default Sliders within the EA Sports FIFA Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2018, 03:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
FIFA 19 Short Halves Quasi-Default Sliders

The aim of this set is to try to make the game a little better without trying to reinvent the wheel.

I like how FIFA 19 plays out of the box, very much (on slow, of course). After a few years of playing 9, 10, 15 minute halves, I liked the prospect of playing shorter halves and not having to devote all my video game time to my career mode. And, most of all, I suffered from severe slideritis every single time I decided to go into the "hardcore simulation" path. And the pain is real. It's soooo time consuming. And whenever I got a working set in my hand, I was sick of the game already.

Years of tinkering with sliders made me also realize they tend to introduce a lot of nasty side effects into the game and sometimes turn it into a completely different thing if we get too wild. And I like 19's base gameplay, I said. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

So, my initial intention was to just not touch this sliders thing at all and just enjoy the game for a change. But as I played, I noticed some obvious issues that could get some help from sliders and decided to make some small adjustments:

- CPU's ping pong perfect passing is ridiculous, especially on higher difficulties.

- It's kinda easy to exploit wing play.

- Pace on slow is alright, but it would feel a little more like football if players moved a little bit slower.

So I came to this set:

Half Lenght: 6 minutes
Game Speed: Slow
Default Controller Settings

Sprint Speed: 47/47
Acceleration 50/50
Shot Error: 53/53
Pass Error: 53/53
Shot Speed: 49/49
Pass Speed: 48/48
Injury Frequency: 65/65
Injury Severity: 80/80
GK Ability: 50/50
Run Frequency: 49/49
Marking: 50/50
Line Height: 50/50
Line Lenght: 50/50
Line Width: 51/51
Fullback Positioning: 49/49
Power Bar: 50
First Touch Error: 51/51

Sliders tested playing tournament and manager modes controlling all the team, watching CPU vs CPU and playing The Journey with player lock. Works well with any. If you play on player lock, Legendary difficulty is mandatory, otherwise your AI teammates will play in a level higher than the opposition. AI teammates always play on Legendary, no matter what, at least this was my experience on FIFA 18. It's stupid, but it's how it is.

I thought it would be impossible to tackle CPU's ping-pong passing without drastic changes to pass error and first touch, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that these slight changes have a fair impact already. The difference between 50 and 51 FT is much more perceptible than I thought it would be, there's still some ping-pong, but not nearly as bad. At 52, I started to feel player reactions when receiving the ball becoming kinda delayed already and I didn't want to make it all sluggish.

The small bump in line width makes the wings more covered, so it isn't as easy to launch an uncontested cross. Lower FB positioning also makes them overlap a little less often and forces us to try other options.

Finishing is clearly overpowered. Had to tone it down.

Lower RF, sprint speed and pass speed is also to keep the game contained and more realistic.

Injuries are close to non-existant by default. Increasing frequency alone makes them happen, but they're still too mild, no one would go to the medical department even after some substantial increase in severity. Don't be afraid of 80, it's alright.

Hope this is useful for someone!

Last edited by GaloVingador; 01-29-2019 at 04:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: FIFA 19 Short Halves Quasi-Default Sliders

I’ll give these a shot 👍🏻
Old 12-27-2018, 10:53 PM   #3
Pro

So I slowed it down a bit further, feels better and it still works with 6 minutes.

Sprint speed from 48/48 to 47/47
Pass speed from 49/49 to 48/48
Pass error from 51/52 to 52/53

And finishing is really overpowered. So far the slider I had to deviate more.

Shot error goes from 51/51 all the way to 54/54
Shot speed goes from 50/50 to 49/49

Now goalkeepers are useful for all kinds of shots, but some screamers are still scored. Feels very natural.

Changes applied to the OP.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:04 PM   #4
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

These are awesome post patch!! My only change is World Class for my skill level, and still outstanding. 2-1 win over Frankfurt, and a 1-1 draw vs Club Brugge in champions league in year 2 of my Dortmund save.

PSN: GRINGOyGUAVA
YouTube: Hunkerdown
Old 01-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunkerdown
These are awesome post patch!! My only change is World Class for my skill level, and still outstanding. 2-1 win over Frankfurt, and a 1-1 draw vs Club Brugge in champions league in year 2 of my Dortmund save.

That's great, thanks for the feedback!

I'm making some experiences with gk ability and shot error. Kinda not liking some animations at 49 gk (backwards jumping and sometimes it feels like they avoid stretching enough), so I put them back to 50 at the moment. Now I'm comparing 53 to 54 shot error. Just trying to find a value where trying to score some difficult shots against these keepers feels rewarding but not too frustrating.

Nevertheless, the set as posted right now is feeling really solid for me too, I'm having a really good time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #6
Pro

Yeah, the combo of 50 goalkeeper and 53 shot error felt the most satisfying (shot speed still 49).

We need at least default goalkeepers if we want it to look like they're even trying. Animations get silly otherwise.

49 shot speed and 53 error now works best for me in the context of the set, accuracy might get a bit arcadey but it's been toned down from the core game anyway. And I don't think it's any cheap, scoring is rewarding, shot physics are great and the goals are beautiful.

So I'm updating gk ability from 49 to 50; shot error from 54 to 53. I still recommend 6 minutes halves.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:10 PM   #7
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Will try update hopefully tonight.

Old 01-04-2019, 03:34 PM   #8
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

Here is results of match I played world class your latest tweaks:

This was German cup match, also played Wolfsburg in league match with 2nd team, 0-0 draw.
20190103_214842.jpg

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Sliders »