Home

Sacked 15 Times

This is a discussion on Sacked 15 Times within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2019, 03:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sacked 15 Times

As the Giants after messing with sliders and MODs for a while I just can't seem to get the difficulty right. I was 5-0 in all pro, and this just didn't sit right with me with that crappy defense and Kyle Lauletta as my starting QB.

So I have decided to move up to All Madden and make some adjustments to sliders as I go. I actually won the first game in a squeaker against Jacksonville, and lost against Dallas 41-34 after having led 13-6 at the half.

I was sacked 15 times. I tried moving coverage's and I maxed protected often. Randy Gregory and Demarcus Lawarence (LOLB, ROLB) each had 5 sacks. Seriously? I have pass protection sliders at 60. The Cow's were not blitzing that much, my tackles were just beaten like a drum.

Have you guys had an experience like this when moving up to AM and how did you counter it? Do I need to adjust the sliders further, or do I really need to learn more about blocking assignments?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Sacked 15 Times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
As the Giants after messing with sliders and MODs for a while I just can't seem to get the difficulty right. I was 5-0 in all pro, and this just didn't sit right with me with that crappy defense and Kyle Lauletta as my starting QB.

So I have decided to move up to All Madden and make some adjustments to sliders as I go. I actually won the first game in a squeaker against Jacksonville, and lost against Dallas 41-34 after having led 13-6 at the half.

I was sacked 15 times. I tried moving coverage's and I maxed protected often. Randy Gregory and Demarcus Lawarence (LOLB, ROLB) each had 5 sacks. Seriously? I have pass protection sliders at 60. The Cow's were not blitzing that much, my tackles were just beaten like a drum.

Have you guys had an experience like this when moving up to AM and how did you counter it? Do I need to adjust the sliders further, or do I really need to learn more about blocking assignments?
15 sacks? Sounds like you got the Giants O-line playing exactly like real life
Old 01-12-2019, 09:42 AM   #3
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

I play on AM but have never been sacked 15 times in a game. I have had games like this where my tackles just can't seem to sustain a block and I have almost instant pressure in my face, I've been sacked 8 or 9 times in a few different games. In these games I just try to change up my play calling to almost exclusively quick underneath passes. Sometimes if it's just 1 of my tackles getting consistently beat I step up or roll to the side of the pocket opposite of where I'm getting beat to buy a little more time.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:57 AM   #4
Rookie

What made this worse was both tackles getting destroyed. I think maybe I need to run more sets with a RB on one side and a te on the other for additional blocking. My only concern with this is sometimes when I do that the TE will be the only one to block the DE and of course he gets beat. Meanwhile the stupid tackle will double up the DT.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:20 AM   #5
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

How high is your OTs awareness? The Giants OL is crap anyways if you are in year one but 15 times? I been sacked 8-9 times before a time or two but I'm in year 2024.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2019, 03:15 AM   #6
Rookie

I was throwing a ton in the 4th quarter trying to catch up, so that didn't help. But yeah a drag route to OBJ couldn't even make it to the C without me getting hit.

That's another thing. It's not just 15 sacks. I was also hit multiple other times while releasing the ball. Stepping up didn't help either. I am going to have a look at my playbook and see what formations I need to go to when pressure gets bad like this.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:11 PM   #7
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I do know I think there’s a glitchy thing in this game where your tackles get block shedded way too quick....but what are your coaching adjustments set To? Did you try them on aggressive to have them hold blocks longer?
Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I do know I think there’s a glitchy thing in this game where your tackles get block shedded way too quick....but what are your coaching adjustments set To? Did you try them on aggressive to have them hold blocks longer?
No I usually don't bother with coaching adjustments due to the obscene amount of penalties that come out of it. I can try it though. At this point I am willing to try anything.

I just played another game and tried to make it a priority to focus on what formations I called and using line shifts and max protections and the net result? 10 sacks. Both of Jax DE's had 4 sacks each. My tackles get rolled almost instantly each play, and sometimes when I do a max protect they just roll the TE and the tackle decides to help out in the middle instead of a double team on the outside. What is frustrating also is Solder is really not that bad of a tackle. His pass protect is 78. That's not the best, but should be good enough to not get destroyed each play.

I really think I just don't know what I am doing when it comes to understanding line shifts and when they need to be done. I also do not use the identify the Mic because between line shifts and all I just do not have time as I have clock set to 15 seconds.

Because it seems no one else is having this issue, it must be that I suck. I refuse to go back to All Pro because It is too easy even with sliders. So I will keep doing this until I figure out how to handle it. I just do not understand how in a 4 man rush environment 6 and sometimes 7 guys just cannot give me more than 2.5 seconds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »