Home

I think its time for EA to finally implement "create a cleat"

This is a discussion on I think its time for EA to finally implement "create a cleat" within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #1
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I think its time for EA to finally implement "create a cleat"

With the nfl doing "cleat for causes" and the emphasis on fashion dbs design of these cleats I think it's time ea puts it in the user hands. Im not saying it needs a forza type skin thing but at least let us change the colors and patterns and textures like nba games have had for years. It would add variety to the players and we wouldn't need the way the colorways work now. It'd seem like more variety of cleats even if it's the same cleats if Shepard is wearing nike cleats and Beckham has the same ones but in cheetah print or whatever it makes the players personalities stick out also
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I think its time for EA to finally implement "create a cleat"

Yeah, I agree.

After they have implemented 17.379 more important features...
Old 01-17-2019, 03:28 PM   #3
Pro

Well, I can only speak for myself regarding this.

But I know when I play this game and psychic defense gets me again, I, for one, often think to myself "but it wouldn't be so bad if I was able create-a-cleat."

Personally, I find myself wishing that they do away with CFM and replace it with Cleat mode where all I do is create cleats. Oh... and kickers use different cleats so imagine the possibilities. They should let me create a shoeless kicker like in the 80s. That would take this game to a whole 'nother stratosphere.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:06 PM   #4
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8

I figured ppl would understand that there's more than just one group working at a company each having responsibilities on a "certain" part of that game so I talked about something I felt they should implement. Not something they should implement before this or that something that added "with" this or that added also. I really don't get how that's complicated. One hand wash the other both wash the face. It all helps for a better more realistic game imo. I could give a rat's *** about ratings,ultimate team, real season stats or progression or being a gm but when ppl suggest stuff, bitch about stuff or complain I don't make comments like if they work on that they can't work on anything else.
Old 01-18-2019, 09:37 AM   #5
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I just saw this thread and dude, I am disappointed in the responses received. People need to understand that we all have different views of what is "important" - and no one is wrong. And you're quite correct that different teams work on different areas of the game.

I actually don't think your idea is bad at all. But cleats alone aren't enough IMO, I'd love to see the ability to customize colors/styles for all uniform elements (if I want to do an alternate color jersey for a team, I'd like to have the tools to do it) .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #6
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
I figured ppl would understand that there's more than just one group working at a company each having responsibilities on a "certain" part of that game so I talked about something I felt they should implement. Not something they should implement before this or that something that added "with" this or that added also. I really don't get how that's complicated. One hand wash the other both wash the face. It all helps for a better more realistic game imo. I could give a rat's *** about ratings,ultimate team, real season stats or progression or being a gm but when ppl suggest stuff, bitch about stuff or complain I don't make comments like if they work on that they can't work on anything else.
Because there are many things that need to be added and fixed and apparently there aren't that many.people working on other areas or we would have these things by now.
We just want the game to play better and have better scouting ,etc. You don't care about those things you mention and sounds like you don't play a franchise, and many of us think a cleat is small potato's compared to the big picture. But yes , when the big picture gets fixed, what you want would be welcome.
It's pretty much a get in line and wait your turn statement. Create a cleat is the least of the worries of this game

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-18-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #7
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Because there are many things that need to be added and fixed and apparently there aren't that many.people working on other areas or we would have these things by now.
We just want the game to play better and have better scouting ,etc. You don't care about those things you mention and sounds like you don't play a franchise, and many of us think a cleat is small potato's compared to the big picture. But yes , when the big picture gets fixed, what you want would be welcome.
It's pretty much a get in line and wait your turn statement. Create a cleat is the least of the worries of this game
In YOUR opinion. Just because it isn't something isn't at the top of your list doesn't mean it isn't at the top of someone else's (and your "wants" are no more or less important than anyone else's). Heck, no community's needs are more/less important.

Look man, I am with you; I am not a big equipment guy - it's not at the top of my list. Heck, half the crap people want for franchise is stuff I could care less about as it is overly extraneous (custom draft classes was the big "add" this year....I could care less about it but loads of people did and while I was sorta ticked-off that it was the "big add" for M19, I am ultimately happy for them that they finally got it).

Adding cleat/uniform/equipment editing would be a terrific way of adding immersion and it's going to be a different team doing it than the core gameplay/franchise guys.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:44 PM   #8
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
In YOUR opinion. Just because it isn't something isn't at the top of your list doesn't mean it isn't at the top of someone else's (and your "wants" are no more or less important than anyone else's). Heck, no community's needs are more/less important.

Look man, I am with you; I am not a big equipment guy - it's not at the top of my list. Heck, half the crap people want for franchise is stuff I could care less about as it is overly extraneous (custom draft classes was the big "add" this year....I could care less about it but loads of people did and while I was sorta ticked-off that it was the "big add" for M19, I am ultimately happy for them that they finally got it).

Adding cleat/uniform/equipment editing would be a terrific way of adding immersion and it's going to be a different team doing it than the core gameplay/franchise guys.
Just judging by comments through out this forum, I think there are far more people who care about gameplay elements and having other things more involved than it is now, like scouting. Having all the coordinators in the game, retired players being coaches, better playbooks, making CBs and OL play realistically... type of stuff. Among many other things. Which is gameplay type issues.
If the game still plays like crap, how is create a cleat making it better? It's still going to be a disappointing game. I'm all for this stuff but you can't have a good game if it don't play right. And it is a football game after all, not a fashion show.

Sure there are some that want arm tape and a mouthpiece and create a cleat but from what I see it's a small group compared to everything else.

Unfortunately the guy's making this game seem to bmore into MUT and making money than making this game the best it can be.

What this game needs is right here in this thread

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-rebuild.html

Last edited by Rayzaa; 01-18-2019 at 08:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »