Home

Sports Game of the Year Roundtable

This is a discussion on Sports Game of the Year Roundtable within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2019, 08:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Sports Game of the Year Roundtable

It was a truly interesting year for sports games and at the end of the day,...

Written By: Raychel Sanner

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-19-2019, 09:47 PM   #2
Rookie

MichaelAngeloTMNT's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB the Show? *Do you guys even play other games? *MLB has been trending downhill the last 3 years and this edition was the worst. *NHL and FIFA offer the best gameplay and NBA offers the *best franchise in sports games. *This round table is terrible.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:18 AM   #3
Rookie

dblock375's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Sports Game of the Year Roundtable

Respectfully you guys are tripping with your praise for the show. I’ve never seen a more blatant repackaging year after year. Gameplay is almost identical in the last three years. Ball physics are a joke and don’t get me started on the tragedy that is franchise mode... it’s the only mlb game So I’ll support but these guys make it super hard to continue.... oh and lemme not forget to mention the fielding sucks and the players have ni weight to them whatsoever .... games floaty.
Old 01-21-2019, 12:48 PM   #4
Banned

Seriously this is painful to read.* The gameplay in the Show this year was downright horrendous and abhorrent.* I implore you to take a look on YouTube of gameplay videos from the previous ten iterations of the Show and name the improvements.* I can EASILY name more regression points than improvements.* The fact that the reviewers of this website are praising the Show is concerning to say the least.* A GOOD reviewer is someone who sees the faults as well as the pros.* And the Show has been regressing for the greater part of a decade now.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:36 PM   #5
Rookie

The Show removed online leagues this year. To me that’s a regression. But like NBA 2K you can forgive most things simply because both these games have a level of immersion and simulation that all of EA’s games lack. *I guess that’s why these 2 games continue to be the ‘gold standard’ of sports games year on year even if it feels like they’re treading water. Until EA understands how presentation and authenticity of gameplay are the key drivers in giving users the self made stories of teams and players throughout the season they’ll never ever meet that ‘live the life’ tagline they tried to bamboozal us with at the start of this gen.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »