Home

Started Playing In Slow Motion... No Reason... Glitch?

This is a discussion on Started Playing In Slow Motion... No Reason... Glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Started Playing In Slow Motion... No Reason... Glitch?

So, playing a great game and for some reason NCAA 14 starts playing in slow motion. I could still play but man it was awful. I checked the settings and it was still set on normal speed. Any ideas? I stopped the game and restarted it. It is fin but now mhm #1 Mississippi State team is losing to #4 Central Florida? Anyone ever have this slow glitch happen?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2019, 03:54 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Started Playing In Slow Motion... No Reason... Glitch?

Not sure what you were saying in the last part, but sometimes by analog/d-pad will get stuck and it causes the game to slow down a bit. To check this, I go to my depth chart and hold one of the triggers down which will cause it to rapidly cycle through all of the positions. Did it only happen that one time or has it happened again?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 13

Happens sometimes after pausing and viewing an instant replay. I've never found a reliable fix for it once it happens during a game.
Old 01-27-2019, 04:53 PM   #4
Pro

Nah, it has never happened like that. Ever. I restarted and it played fine. I won 31-17. It's like I hit a combo of buttons and it made it do that. Not sure. I have watched a few replays in my time and it never did it. Now, the controller could have been the issue. I used a different one before I cut the ps3 back on. Thanks
Old 01-28-2019, 12:40 PM   #5
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

It is after watching a replay...and there is a fix.

This sounds weird, but it 100% works. Whenever you watch a replay, I think it gets "stuck" in slow-mo and affects gameplay. So for example, if I am wanting to see how a receiver caught the ball. After I watch the catch, you zoom in as far as the camera will allow you....and then you rewind the play to the start of the play. You then hit the "Play" button to allow the replay to go at game speed...and soon as it hits the end and stops, back out of the screen quickly and back to the pause menu, and it will fix your lag/slow motion in the game play. Been doing this fix for years and it always works. Sometimes I don't time it right and I have to do it again. But just make sure you zoom in on the ball after you've viewed it in slow mo. Then rewind to the start, and then hit the play button to allow it to go at normal speed, and then back out immediately as soon as the play stops.

hope this helps.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
MVP

moose141's Arena

OVR: 2

I've had it happening a few times, noticeably when calling a timeout using the select key at the line of scrimmage and also after watching instant replays. That's typically the cause in my estimation. I did not know about that "fix" though and if I ever run into the situation again I will definitely have to try it out!

Pittsburgh Penguins - Pittsburgh Panthers - Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh Pirates - West Ham United
University of Pittsburgh Ice Hockey
Old 01-28-2019, 04:58 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
It is after watching a replay...and there is a fix.

This sounds weird, but it 100% works. Whenever you watch a replay, I think it gets "stuck" in slow-mo and affects gameplay. So for example, if I am wanting to see how a receiver caught the ball. After I watch the catch, you zoom in as far as the camera will allow you....and then you rewind the play to the start of the play. You then hit the "Play" button to allow the replay to go at game speed...and soon as it hits the end and stops, back out of the screen quickly and back to the pause menu, and it will fix your lag/slow motion in the game play. Been doing this fix for years and it always works. Sometimes I don't time it right and I have to do it again. But just make sure you zoom in on the ball after you've viewed it in slow mo. Then rewind to the start, and then hit the play button to allow it to go at normal speed, and then back out immediately as soon as the play stops.

hope this helps.
Wow, what a method! lol

I had deduced that it was a replay glitch, and to fix it I just go back into replay and zoom in and out a lot and run the play back and then go back to the game and sometimes it's fixed and sometimes it's not.

Now I have a method to try, thanks!
Old 01-28-2019, 10:33 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collegefbfan
So, playing a great game and for some reason NCAA 14 starts playing in slow motion. I could still play but man it was awful. I checked the settings and it was still set on normal speed. Any ideas? I stopped the game and restarted it. It is fin but now mhm #1 Mississippi State team is losing to #4 Central Florida? Anyone ever have this slow glitch happen?
Ohhhhh, I didn't get what you meant at first. If you're talking about the same thing many of us have discussed for years now lol, I found a method that works 100 % of the time, as well: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...p-offline.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »