Home

Time for a rebuild.

This is a discussion on Time for a rebuild. within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2019, 01:15 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Time for a rebuild.

Just like what the Leafs did.Its time for a rebuild for this NHL development team.If you monitor this forum no one has been happy with the direction this series is going.I know there is going to problems with the game from time to time.My issues has been not so much the game play it's the lack of communication and laziness.From legends not be used in offline season,no roster sharing,lack of real faces and just little things not being listened to.Its like they don't care.Its a shame because it's my favorite sport by far.The amount of attention given to HUT compared to off line pisses me off.We offline gamers are what made this game so you should listen to us.Many of these issues are very fixable so get off your butts and fix them or aleast talk to us to show us you do want to make this game better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2019, 07:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Time for a rebuild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddy
Just like what the Leafs did.Its time for a rebuild for this NHL development team.If you monitor this forum no one has been happy with the direction this series is going.I know there is going to problems with the game from time to time.My issues has been not so much the game play it's the lack of communication and laziness.From legends not be used in offline season,no roster sharing,lack of real faces and just little things not being listened to.Its like they don't care.Its a shame because it's my favorite sport by far.The amount of attention given to HUT compared to off line pisses me off.We offline gamers are what made this game so you should listen to us.Many of these issues are very fixable so get off your butts and fix them or aleast talk to us to show us you do want to make this game better.
I agree 100 percent. The game plays like a pinball machine and the AI is mentally challenged.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:51 AM   #3
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Do you honestly think a rebuild from this developer would be any better? I agree with the sentiment but it’s time for a new company and development crew to take on NHL.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:56 PM   #4
Banned

Couldn't get any worse.lol.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:02 PM   #5
Rookie

dandeb's Arena

OVR: 3

I think more people would buy the game if there was the ability to share rosters both old and new.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2019, 01:04 PM   #6
Rookie

dandeb's Arena

OVR: 3

Also, like you said we need another company to come up with a game to force EA to offer more variety.

Old 01-31-2019, 02:49 PM   #7
MVP

kinsmen7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandeb
I think more people would buy the game if there was the ability to share rosters both old and new.

This!

Gameplay improvements and slider sets have finally made the game playable. Unfortunately the trend around sports games is to gut offline modes (especially franchise). I don't see why that would change.

I play a lot of MLB the show, and the complaints regarding the series are eerily similar when it comes to offline stuff, but the fact that there are so many rosters/available players to download out there makes it much more enjoyable to toil through offline franchise. Would I love more? Yes. Will we get it? Not bloody likely.
Old 03-02-2019, 10:27 AM   #8
Rookie

HAS anyone noticed that every non NHL player whether it's a chl player or European player all have the same style/equipment/tape job, same sock style? That's just pure laziness I'm sorry. How come I can go back and edit 1000 players but the people who actually work for the company and get paid are unable to do it? Roster sharing would solve a lot of that, but somehow in 2019 it's the only sport franchise without it! It's insane. The gameplay is just so horrid I can't imagine I'll ever buy it again. Plays like a pinball machine. How come there is no tap in button? The puck is sitting on the goal line and your guy has to pick the puck up and wind up and take a wrist shot when all he has to do is tap it in. It's been going on for 12 years you would think they could have addressed it. And that back hand flick shot don't even get me started. I'd love a new company to make a hockey game and put this incompetent company out of business.

Hut, diamond dynasty modes etc. have ruined sports games because that's all they care about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »