Home

Bortles 72 yard TD Run Against Me

This is a discussion on Bortles 72 yard TD Run Against Me within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2019, 09:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Bortles 72 yard TD Run Against Me

So title says it all. Dabbling around and currently messing with All Madden again. Blake Bortles runs a fake hand off up the middle gets behind my defense and runs 72 yards for a TD. My FS has a 90 speed and tailed him for 50 yards without gaining a yard the entire way. Bortles has 79 speed. My speed parity is set to 65.

I have never seen anything like this and really not sure how to respond.

All I can say is that is pretty damn deflating in a way of complete immersion destruction to the point of just want to put the controller down and not even play. lol

Last edited by Meddera; 01-31-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 07:38 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Bortles 72 yard TD Run Against Me

He's not sneaky-athletic...

Spoiler
Old 02-01-2019, 08:21 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 3

Reminded me of Steve Bono's 70+ yard run. I was also there this year when Bortles ran for 41 yds vs the Giants this year. The Giants secondary was more in coverage which I think is why Apple would have caught him from the other side of the field. Collins came down on the play fake, slipped but made up ground. Bortles blew by the linebacker like he was Jesse Owens.

I've had average speed QBs make long runs on option type plays in various versions of the game. if the speed parity is otherwise reasonable I chalk it up to the DBs getting fooled, having to make up long amount of ground, had running/hitting every play (so their 90 speed isn't 90 at the time) while the QB takes a few steps and stands there each play; if it happens more frequently I tinker with the settings; if it happens every game I play NBA2k.
Old 02-01-2019, 09:39 AM   #4
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddera
So title says it all. Dabbling around and currently messing with All Madden again. Blake Bortles runs a fake hand off up the middle gets behind my defense and runs 72 yards for a TD. My FS has a 90 speed and tailed him for 50 yards without gaining a yard the entire way. Bortles has 79 speed. My speed parity is set to 65.

I have never seen anything like this and really not sure how to respond.

All I can say is that is pretty damn deflating in a way of complete immersion destruction to the point of just want to put the controller down and not even play. lol
Yeah, I dispise the speed parity. One thing they can get rid imo. That and one cut. This fatique BS needs to go.
Old 02-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
He's not sneaky-athletic...

Spoiler
He is. 79 speed for a QB is not slow. But I can't think of too many QB's in today's NFL that could actually pull off a 72 yard TD run. Bortles is not on that short list.

Like I said above a FS with 90 speed tailed him the last 50 yards and never gained ground at all. I am just confused by that whole thing to be honest.

70 yards is a lot different than 40 yards. A lot of RB get run down from behind before they can complete a 70 yard TD. That typically is enough distance for speed in the secondary to show.

Last edited by Meddera; 02-01-2019 at 11:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2019, 01:38 PM   #6
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

If you think that is funny... in one of my CFM's I play as the Pat's.

Occasionally I break and run (with slow-as-molasses Tom Brady) when my receivers are covered and I will just panick and run and slide for a little yardage.

At the end of my season I was shocked (and laughed heartily) when I was browsing stats and I discovered that Tom Brady was the #3 overall ranked QB in terms of running yards.

Yup. Tom Brady.

lol.

I have given up on this game being realistic. EA seems to put more stock into the arcade/MUT side of things.
Old 02-01-2019, 03:20 PM   #7
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
If you think that is funny... in one of my CFM's I play as the Pat's.

Occasionally I break and run (with slow-as-molasses Tom Brady) when my receivers are covered and I will just panick and run and slide for a little yardage.

At the end of my season I was shocked (and laughed heartily) when I was browsing stats and I discovered that Tom Brady was the #3 overall ranked QB in terms of running yards.

Yup. Tom Brady.

lol.

I have given up on this game being realistic. EA seems to put more stock into the arcade/MUT side of things.
It's because CPU QB's don't scramble when simming. It's been broken since the game was released this year.
Old 02-01-2019, 07:02 PM   #8
MVP

Jagsfan24's Arena

I was more surprised when you said the cpu qb ran on you, I can’t get the cpu to scramble against me lol.

But yeah ever since this new speed parity slider was patched I been having issues also, I’m testing in the 40-50 range at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »