Home

Kickers as o-line

This is a discussion on Kickers as o-line within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2019, 05:05 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Kickers as o-line

Moved kickers to o-line. CPU vs cpu pass block slider at 0 and still had over 600 total yards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2019, 07:42 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Kickers as o-line

Wtf? Lol.

I'm beginning to think the pass block sliders do nothing. Several sliders I can see a massive difference, but pass block I have gone from 0 to 100 and I just cannot tell. I get it may be slight, but you should be able to tell a difference between 0 and 100 easily.
Old 02-03-2019, 09:17 PM   #3
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Pass blocking slider sucks

Last edited by underdog13; 02-03-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 01:56 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

We go through this every year guys. The problem is that maddens rating range is too narrow.

Ever see a kicker try to tackle in real life? Watch a kicker tackle in Madden. They don’t match.

I don’t know the specifics, but each attribute has a practical floor where when the rating goes below that it doesn’t really have an in game effect. I think 60 is the floor for many attributes
Old 02-04-2019, 06:10 AM   #5
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
We go through this every year guys. The problem is that maddens rating range is too narrow.

Ever see a kicker try to tackle in real life? Watch a kicker tackle in Madden. They don’t match.

I don’t know the specifics, but each attribute has a practical floor where when the rating goes below that it doesn’t really have an in game effect. I think 60 is the floor for many attributes

Does any NFL team line kickers in the O-line to see how they block? Personally I think time is better spent improving realistic game play than worrying about the results of totally unrealistic situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2019, 06:14 AM   #6
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
Does any NFL team line kickers in the O-line to see how they block? Personally I think time is better spent improving realistic game play than worrying about the results of totally unrealistic situations.
I believe that's kind of the point. Sliders are a tool to help make the game more realistic for the user, but if they don't work, you may be stuck with a less realistic game. Some of that could be user skill, but often it isn't. Either way, working sliders help.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 07:49 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb61
Kickers as lineman is simply the favorite way to illustrate the ratings problem.

But it is a realistic gameplay issue.
Old 02-04-2019, 09:33 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Kickers as lineman is simply the favorite way to illustrate the ratings problem.

But it is a realistic gameplay issue.

Yes if you look in Frosty you can see in most cases anything below 50 or 60 does not matter due to the floatcurves. But as was stated I don't really care about how a kicker performs on the line, but I do care that the pass block sliders are worthless.

Go change the tackling sliders, or WR catching sliders, you can see the impact immediately, but pass blocking just pick a spot, you're likely not going to be able to tell a difference.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »