Home

NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 wishlist thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

I didn't see a thread for a general 2K20 wishlist (just the MyLeage Online wishlist thread). I hope it's okay that I made this one.

The one thing I'd love to see is additions to the game to reflect James Harden's style of play. Just like Curry did a few years ago (and still is doing), Harden is drastically changing the game of NBA basketball.

I think there should be a badge for drawing fouls, either in addition to or in place of the Draw Foul rating. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been in since badges were introduced.

It'd also be cool IMO if there was a mechanic (maybe hold down on right stick) where you can pull your hands back to avoid fouling a shooter. But it's a trade-off, because if you do that, you can't contest the shot properly, so it has a better chance of going in.

And adding to the above, maybe if you do the same thing (hold down on the right stick) while a loose ball is going out of bounds/into the backcourt, your player would let the ball roll without trying to pick it up. Players do this a lot to avoid backcourt violations or when they know the ball will be out of bounds on the opposing team.

Just a few things I thought of. Can't wait to hear more suggestions from the community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

PNO mode:

1) Go back to the Tier system in NBA 2K18 where classic and all-time teams were unlocked from the start. I know that my fellow brethrens will have minor suggestions in regards to that.

2) Unranked matches.

3) Can we have a way to back out of a matchup without dashboarding or at least be allowed to change teams at the matchup screen?

4) Would love for them to introduce a "hardcore" mode where there's no HUD, badges, and shot meter.

5) Would love for them to introduce a mode where teams are randomly selected.

6) Ability to save settings (this a is yearly request).

7) Better UI on the matchup screen.

8) Better scouting report screen of my opponent.

9) Can we have the ability to see our own stats and scouting report?

10) Game highlights and wrap-up like...sorry...NBA Live.

11) The ability to filter out certain teams.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Everything you guys said and I have more but for now, one thing i'd really like to do for once is practice free throws with nba players in 2ku freestyle mode. I can't stand finding out a guy has a funky release timing mid game and miss. Srry I know it's a little thing, but it's been a pet peeve of mine for a long time now. We can practice everything but free throws with nba players.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:33 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Everything you guys said and I have more but for now, one thing i'd really like to do for once is practice free throws with nba players in 2ku freestyle mode. I can't stand finding out a guy has a funky release timing mid game and miss. Srry I know it's a little thing, but it's been a pet peeve of mine for a long time now. We can practice everything but free throws with nba players.
That's actually a good suggestion! I kind of hate trying to learn a free throw shooting on the fly too.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:14 AM   #5
Pro

Shorter shorts on players to reflect what players actually wear

Longer legs on player models so difference in height is more distinguishable and body models don’t look stumpy and disproportionate

Reduce head size on most players eg: Ben Simmons

Reduce shoe size so shoes don’t look like moon boots in particular Jordan shoes

Commit more resources to overall lighting, in particular court lighting. This part of the game continues to regress from 2k14.

Improve stadium sounds such as crowd noise/chants

Add nba logo and Nike logo to padded shooting sleeves

Add ability to add/remove head bands on nba players

Small detail but would be nice to reduce length of under shirts down the arms of players eg: Anthony Davis wears undershirts that just cover the shoulder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-09-2019, 06:19 AM   #6
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

Get rid of VC! /s

SCNR
Old 02-09-2019, 03:10 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

1) The player picture system is a mess. I wish they would go back to the old system of just showing the player's face.

2) Fix player mentorship so that it works.
Old 02-09-2019, 04:35 PM   #8
Rookie

1)Allow users to change clothes while waiting on a spot in the neighborhood. This should also apply for users who won who are waiting for the next match and want to change outfit while streaking.

2) Allow users to change clothes and have access to all menus while in mycourt.

3)Allow users to have practice dummies/scrimmages to be able to practice their moves on their mycourt

4)Fix neighborhood matchmaking/invitations so that when invited into someone's neighborhood you get into that particular neighborhood, not some random generated neighborhood.

5) Allow users to switch for walk on/pro am all colors of accessories instead of just team colors.

6) increase all double archetypes secondary archetypes attributes. E.g a sharp rebounder shooting maxed out in the high 60's. Yet a primary playmaker, secondary sharpshooter 3s maxed out is like an 81. To me that isn't fair. Keep the playsharp 3s the same...im just saying increase all secondary archetypes attributes to reflect fairness for all users.
Nothing worse than looking at attributes and seeing maxed out dual archetype with low attributes in his secondary archetype.

7) Not everyone can play 2k at the same time nor does everyone have off every weekend. For the past couple years I've notice 2k hosts their events on weekends as if everyone who plays 2k has the same days off.Why not implement a feature like pre-paid double xp week. So it would work something like this. It's Friday, and 2k is hosting an event for the weekend...lets say double xp. Users would have up til the following Friday to use their allotted 48 hours or whatever amount of time they have for an event so they could use whenever they had the time to play.
This would help people who work overnight shifts, midday shifts(12-8,1-9,2-10,3-11 or 4-12pm)

8)Bring back offline saves for myplayers. We used to be able to create as many characters as we wanted and not get charged creating them.

9)Allow us to have much easier grinds to 99 so we can make multiple characters throughout the year to keep the game fun for users year round.

10) Save points in the neighborhood to allow us to speed travel to anywhere we've been in the neighborhood at least once.

11.Proximity chat in walk ons/Pro Am/Neighborhood

12.More ways to earn A lot of VC so we don't have to rely on real cash to to purchase in game currency.

13. INCREASE the My points earned in Walk on and pro am and park so we can grind faster. NO ONE WANTS TO GRIND MYCAREER FROM SEPTEMBER. TO SEPTEMBER. It feels like users HAVE to play mycareer to reach a 99...ylu should be able to reach a 99 in which ever mode you please.

14.Mypoints multiplier for each mode. The difficulty of the mode should dictate the increase in my points.

Mycareer x1
Park 1.5
Walk on x2
Pro am x4

15)Bring back that 2k17 feature when you unlocked a badge it pops up on the screen. If you unlock it during an online game(pro am/walk on/park), everyone should be able to see that you've unlocked it, not just you.

16)Buff dunks and layups in the paint. The way it is now? Anybody can contest anybody. Certain archetypes are meant to do ish more consistently than others and it doesn't show because 2k has you bricking wide open dunks and layups after these last couple of updates and patches.

17. Allow users to share VC amongst each other. You know how many times I've wanted to give my boy like 10k VC just to.play the stage because he didn't have any VC on him? We should be able to earn enough VC in game so we don't need to use real mokney all the time. That would really help the entire community out.

18)Hire agent00 or youfamousenough as community managers to replace LD2K as Ronnie partner in crime.

19) Hire people that will be here for the community long after each 2k drops so that we feel like you guys are listening to our every concern while not allocating a ton of your talent on taking questions from us. Looking at how responsive and how fast Fortnite devs respond to their community and quickly they drop patches for anything that seems off in their game or just to add new items based off user feedback let's me know that this is a reality and can also be a reality for 2k as well if they listen to the people.

20) We need the Art department to take a week out off from their busy schedule and head down to local neighborhood barbershop across america the same way they do to capture each nba arenas authentic stadium, lighting and crowd noise. This would mean each region in America has its signature hairstyles and beards that are exclusive to those areas. We need constant updates for hairstyles for myplayers and for NBA players. We need to have access to all the NBA players hairstyles, tats for our myplayers so we can look just like them. I'm sure 2k can make a user interface for us to go crazy in the barbershop.

21)Get rid of these nasty body up animations.

22)add more continuations after the foul for people who's archetypes allow them to finish well.

23.Allow the defender or the defense the same chance at recovering 50/50 balls, poked ball loose and whenever the ball is loose in general.

24) Speed up the inbound passer. It tales way to long for the inbounder to pass the ball...so.etimes we wanna start a fast break or catch the defense slipping and we can't because it takes 4 seconds before you can inbound the ball after a score.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »