Home

OSFM ZiPS 2019

This is a discussion on OSFM ZiPS 2019 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2019, 05:34 PM   #1
Rookie

DANIELSEGUIN's Arena

OVR: 0
OSFM ZiPS 2019

With Dan Szymborski's ZiPS projections rolling out and with The Show dropping their newest trailer, I figured now would be a good time to start discussing a ZiPS roster for The Show 19 that I plan on doing this year.

Basically what this means is a roster using OSFM as a base, with ZiPS projections applied to all player ratings. This should hopefully increase the realism of player ratings, especially in franchise mode.

While I could probably do this alone, it would be much quicker if I were to have some help from the community. So, if you're interested in helping with this roster, send me a PM on here, or DM me on Twitter @DanGraphsBsb and let me know that you're down to help out.

I'm super hyped to roll out this roster this year, and I'm hoping y'all are excited too.

- - - - - -

UPDATE: I am still in the process of finalizing ratings and logistics for the roster. It's a little more difficult than I suspected, but I'm still feeling good about this roster. Keep an eye out for more updates in the following days/weeks. I appreciate everybody's patience with this project.

Last edited by DANIELSEGUIN; 04-11-2019 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Update
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: OSFM ZiPS 2019

I'm down to help with this project. Is a full minors roster even being released though?
Old 02-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: OSFM ZiPS 2019i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacbillsfan
I'm down to help with this project. Is a full minors roster even being released though?
Yes but dont look for it under "OSFM"

A Work in Progress
Old 02-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #4
Rookie

DANIELSEGUIN's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacbillsfan
I just assumed there would be one?? I haven't heard otherwise but I'm really hoping there will be one.

I'll have more details on this project once all ZiPS projections are out and it's confirmed that there will be a full minors roster, OSFM or otherwise.
Old 02-18-2019, 07:26 PM   #5
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

If you guys want to do this but instead of just using ZiPS, we can combine all the best projections. I have a spreadsheet that aggregates the following projections:
  • ZiPS
  • Davenport
  • Podhorzer
  • ATC
  • The BAT
  • PECOTA
  • RotoWire
  • Marcel (BBREF)
  • Steamer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2019, 07:35 PM   #6
Rookie

Does Zips give you batter splits though? I've been working on the spreadsheet for my own roster and typically what I do is combine last year's results with projections. So last year I did 2017 X2 and averaged in Zips and steamer 600 and I will be adding The BAT this year. Usually you need historic data for contact and power for the hitters though.
Old 02-24-2019, 02:46 PM   #7
Rookie

sacbillsfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripes
Does Zips give you batter splits though? I've been working on the spreadsheet for my own roster and typically what I do is combine last year's results with projections. So last year I did 2017 X2 and averaged in Zips and steamer 600 and I will be adding The BAT this year. Usually you need historic data for contact and power for the hitters though.
When you say splits do you mean handed splits? Because I am not aware of any projection system that gives seasonal splits because they tend to be in credibly noisy.

Edit: Yeah you'll have to add historic data if you really want to get proper contact splits.

Last edited by sacbillsfan; 02-24-2019 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Additional info
Old 02-24-2019, 05:32 PM   #8
Rookie

Yeah that’s what I generally use. Projections are perfect for the pitching /9 stats and hitting vision and discipline. I also loosely use WAR to generate a semblance of where the players OVR should be so it’s good for that too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »